• Chris Kreider

• Alexis Lafreniere

• Ryan Stone

• Artemis Panarin

• Barclay Goodrow

• Dryden Hunts

• Ryan Reavo

• Greg McEggs

• forget who tf the other 4th liners are who lmao gettinger? brodzinki? who else?

• Ryan Lindgren

• Jacob Tuba

• KAndre Miller

• Braden Schneider

• Mac Jones

• Labor Hajek

Results are only viewable after voting.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
They were awful. They were actually acting like Florida was likely to come back from 2, with 3 minutes left with an empty net. Florida is good, they aren't that f***ing good. They aren't the Oilers of the late 80's.

One of them said how the game was over when they took a penalty with like a minute and a half left down 2 goals and someone else was like "not so fast they're a high octane team". Give me a f***ing break.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Was it Bob Wischusen doing the PBP? It sounded like him. If so, it's surprising to me that he was such a dope. I've loved him doing the Jets on radio. I know it was Boucher doing the color, and he's an idiot, and Mleczko is your typical third wheel who brings nothing.

Reactions: GoAwayPanarin

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
One of them said how the game was over when they took a penalty with like a minute and a half left down 2 goals and someone else was like "not so fast they're a high octane team". Give me a f***ing break.
Yeah and Mleczko brilliantly pointed out that what really made it difficult was that Barkov was in the box, and he's one of their best penalty killers. Like, ignoring the fact that they were actually playing 5v5, does anyone really think that f***ing matters? :laugh:

Reactions: Cmox

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
What to do until the 16th….?View attachment 504542
b16.jpg

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
If this were any other year, I would be super excited about our chances in the playoffs. But it seems this year there is a great disparity amongst teams. Just look at the eastern standings. It's like the 8 teams have already clinched a playoff spot halfway through the season. There are some really good teams this year and the rest are garbage. Never seen such disparity before. And then there are some really good teams like Avs and Canes who look almost unbeatable. So it seems, no matter who we play in the post-season, we will have our hands full. There will be no easy opponents in the first round, of that I am sure.

I guess then, now is the time to celebrate what a great season we are having. We are playing way above any expectations we had going in. Gallant has done a great job getting these guys to believe in one another. Yeah we might have a Norris Trophy winner, and a Breadman, and a superstar in Zibad, but it all starts with having the best goalie in the NHL. He could be the key to any success we have in the postseason.
Oh baby, do I enjoy reading your posts.

Reactions: ohbaby

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Who said it would be a shame? It's a good thing.

I agree. No trading elite prospects.
No, it wouldnt be a shame, my bad.....I didnt use the sarcasm icon.

Reason I say NO to Chychrun is that ........what harm in really seasoning the Lundqvists, Reunanen's and the likes. Poor Hayek was rushed (apparently) although doing better slowly.
Jones and especially Schneider seem unfazed and they look like they belong. Can never have enough dmen come PO time.
In due time, when our prospects are at their "highest" (keep low, sell high) then possibly trade. Unfortunately, seems Lindgren might be an odd man out, when a contract is needed.
Hope I am wrong, but with the pipeline looking good....

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Don't forget Vickers !
Bingo! As a matter of fact.......when I was thinking about my post (prior to posting) I indeed HAD him in my thinking, just forgot when I eventually sat down to posting it. Haha, but thanks......yeah, my main man "Sarge". Took me a second to recollect his nickname, but eventually came to my brain. Haha. No googling.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I remember when we were unbeatable with AV on the second night of back to backs. Every team plays them it's not an excuse. And if it IS an excuse then what do you call missing our best and most important skater?
I remember that period as well, and you are right! We arent bad on 2nd of b2b's this year, but I really think its more a testament to the back-up goalie being good.
Lundqvist played many b2b's, but wasnt it Talbot that helped with those wins as well?

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
In my humble opinion, Chytil will never live up to the hype and love that some give him (that’s a real shame) because I had all of that for him also. But he has to change his game, way to soft for the game, has size and speed which are a plus but he doesn’t seem to want to use the first attribute to his advantage. Doesn’t go into the hard areas and can’t hit the ocean from a boat at times. More valuable as a trade piece. Like I said a real shame, would’ve liked to see him become a real force on this team.
Hate to admit you "may be" right, because I like him as well.
Probably will be a "late bloomer", hey......just look at Kreids! Lol. Gauthier (with all his warts) uses his speed to "the teams" advantage, all Filip has to do is similar, at least as a start. IMHO, he is absolutely NO Center.
He doesnt use his speed to create space, his stick handling leaves something to be desired and have NEVER seen him make a gorgeous pass, leading to a goal. Maybe I missed one, or 2. :sarcasm::sarcasm:

Reactions: Wtp99 and leetch99

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Hate to admit you "may be" right, because I like him as well.
Probably will be a "late bloomer", hey......just look at Kreids! Lol. Gauthier (with all his warts) uses his speed to "the teams" advantage, all Filip has to do is similar, at least as a start. IMHO, he is absolutely NO Center.
He doesnt use his speed to create space, his stick handling leaves something to be desired and have NEVER seen him make a gorgeous pass, leading to a goal. Maybe I missed one, or 2. :sarcasm::sarcasm:

Yeah....an upgrade on Chytil and the welcoming back of a guy like Blais makes us look totally different up front along with the continuing improvements from the two kids . I hang onto Gauthier since he is really fast and hope/pray he finds some gold in his stick . Sprinkle in some Barron and add that dman for the left side ...and leave Schneider in the mix and we should be OK for round one . I mean Blais back for next season...not this year .

Reactions: Larrybiv

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
It's like he doesn't even exist. Unfortunately, all the little things he does from killing penalties, Playing anywhere in the lineup, making subtle smart plays don't really show up in the stat sheet.
Yes, how about adding he cuts players off in the neutral zone, often committing turnovers. Seen that more than a few times.
I am happily eating crow, as I thought they paid too much for someone (just because they won a cup) and that ALREADY has surpassed his all time goals in a season. Yes, he is unsung and am now onboard.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
He makes $8m a year, he's only playing at a second-pairing level, and Schneider is his clone.

He will not see the end of his contract here.
And that is most probably true, but make no mistake, he is one of the main reasons as to why we have the 3rd lowest GAA, AND why there is quite a bit less players in front just 'hanging around" in front of Igor & Georgiev compared to last year. He really has stepped up his game, and people wanna trade him already because of his FAT contract? I get it, but I don't get it.
bet years down the road, when KAM becomes an all-star, he credits Troubs for much of it. Just saying.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Bingo! As a matter of fact.......when I was thinking about my post (prior to posting) I indeed HAD him in my thinking, just forgot when I eventually sat down to posting it. Haha, but thanks......yeah, my main man "Sarge". Took me a second to recollect his nickname, but eventually came to my brain. Haha. No googling.

Remember Vickers's nickname, besides Sarge?

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
And that is most probably true, but make no mistake, he is one of the main reasons as to why we have the 3rd lowest GAA, AND why there is quite a bit less players in front just 'hanging around" in front of Igor & Georgiev compared to last year. He really has stepped up his game, and people wanna trade him already because of his FAT contract? I get it, but I don't get it.
bet years down the road, when KAM becomes an all-star, he credits Troubs for much of it. Just saying.

There’s a salary cap, that’s most of it. Who is better sometimes has to be weighed against who is cheaper.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Maybe this is because Nils didn't get time in Hartford first to adjust to the pro game and the smaller ice. Nils has huge upside as both a responsible defensive defenseman and as a weapon on the PP with his accurate cannon. They should both be in our long term plans.
Totally agree Nils is more of a defensive defenseman with pp triggerman ability. I know a lot of people think of him as a PMD but I don’t think he’s that. He’s not big but I think he is or will be, at least, quite reliable defensively.

Reactions: CLW

Blais to Win

Dec 16, 2009
There’s a salary cap, that’s most of it. Who is better sometimes has to be weighed against who is cheaper.
Wow. This is the first I'm hearing about this. You should write a letter to Drury. Maybe go over his head and send it to Dolan directly. Use pen on notebook paper. I hear that impresses ownership.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Wow. This is the first I'm hearing about this. You should write a letter to Drury. Maybe go over his head and send it to Dolan directly. Use pen on notebook paper. I hear that impresses ownership.

I probably should. I'm not convinced Drury is competent at his job and I know Dolan isn't.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Was it Bob Wischusen doing the PBP? It sounded like him. If so, it's surprising to me that he was such a dope. I've loved him doing the Jets on radio. I know it was Boucher doing the color, and he's an idiot, and Mleczko is your typical third wheel who brings nothing.

It was. He's also done fill in work on radio and even TV for NYR. (and also a host of noted former MSG talk show Talk of Our Town which birthed my love for watching/listening to call in radio/TV programs.)

I was watching the stream without sound for the most part so I don't know what he was saying

Reactions: nyr2k2

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
real talk, this was the most important win of the season. Imagine going into this long break coming off a bad loss to the Cats. Great win not just for the standings but for my mental health.

Reactions: FireGerardGallant

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad