• Chris Kreider

• Alexis Lafreniere

• Ryan Stone

• Artemis Panarin

• Barclay Goodrow

• Dryden Hunts

• Ryan Reavo

• Greg McEggs

• forget who tf the other 4th liners are who lmao gettinger? brodzinki? who else?

• Ryan Lindgren

• Jacob Tuba

• KAndre Miller

• Braden Schneider

• Mac Jones

• Labor Hajek

Results are only viewable after voting.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I don't usually go in and read the other game threads, but I found it funny that it was nothing but constant bitching how they basically scored the goals for us, the refs sucked, and the announcers were pro-Rangers. I guess it's funny because it just shows that every team thinks the announcers are pro the other team. I guess maybe it's us the fans who are bias?
This happens everywhere and in every sport, including right here in HF Rangers.

National announcers compliment my team? COLD HARD FACTS

Same national announcers compliment other guys? HOMER CLOSET FANS

Reactions: will1066

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Problem with Boyle wasn’t that he wasn’t a fighter, it’s that he’d be too willing to fight and then get rag dolled by guys he had 6 inches and 40 pounds on. Definitely props to him for having balls and sticking up for teammates, but when you’re as bad at it as he was you probably should stick to hugging it out lol

Reactions: leetch99

MrPodz

Aug 16, 2019
Rangers are 30 wins at roughly the 55% mark. If we finish the 2nd half with 50 wins and igor is there for most of them, will he get hart consoderation. He deserves to win it imo.

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
I missed the game. Is there anywhere I can go to rewatch the full game? Please send me a DM if you know somewhere I can go to watch it.

Gluten Free Breadman

Mar 9, 2011
ny
I think this is something that someone (Gallant? Video coaches? Idk… do they want me to do a free presentation? I’ll volunteer) should be bringing into focus for them when we get back at it after the break.

We lose games when we try to be the Panthers or the Avalanche. Particularly when we rely on Strome and Panarin going cross ice to each other over and over again. We don’t have the offensive horses for that type of game. When we adapt like we did last night and play a black and blue, workmanlike game, we end up outplaying our opponents. And that’s, coincidentally, the game we are built for.

Schneider is looking great, but he’s not Makar or Girard. He’s a big boy who can play physical. Lindgren is at his best when he’s playing really hard nosed hockey. He had a BIG hit midway through the second last night and I remember thinking THERE’S Lindgren! He’d been missing. Trouba, ditto Schneider. Kreider’s a big body net front presence. Mika has skill, but he’s also a big boy who can use that size so much better than he has. Laf has shown he can get greasy. Kakko will be SO MUCH better when he learns to do the same and use his man size to go into tough areas and then say “get off me” to any opponent who steps into his space. Gauthier can’t finish but when he uses his speed and size effectively, he creates some chaos. Miller is a big and fast guy who has the ability to be physically dominating.

We brought in Reaves (guy is old, looks gassed but he was effective early and obviously has given the team an injection of backbone even if his minutes should be limited). We brought in Goodrow. We brought in Hunt. We brought in Blais (RIP, but when he’s in the lineup, he fits right into the argument I’m making).

All of the additions point to, and enhance, a team identity of winning by committee, through work and energy and grinding opponents to dust. Unfortunately three of the top four forwards on the team tend to want to play globetrotter hockey rather than buy into that game. All three wear As and they tend to steer the ship. We need to accept that as individually talented as they are, the NY Rangers are a team that isn’t built for globetrotter hockey. The second and third periods last night were the style of hockey that will make this team look as dangerous on the ice as their record is on paper. You could see it reflected in the amped up Kreider that came out for the first star. We need to get everyone to buy into that brand of hockey.
I agree with everything but you left out Strome.

Reactions: LokiDog

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I agree with everything but you left out Strome.

From which part? I meant for him to be one of the “three of the top four” forwards on the team (Kreids being the exception). If from the earlier part, I was talking about guys who naturally play the physical game well.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Is Sam and Joe doing other sports or telecasts during the break? Is Joe part of the TNT or ESPN roster?

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
If it were up to me, Lindgren would be the Dman to move in a deal.

He's not big enough or strong enough to play the game he tries to play and he offers little offensively.
They very well may go that route.
Guys that are 6’2-6’3 plus that are very mobile and move the puck well are like unicorns....
Every single team is looking to add them. When they throw the body around, that’s the added bonus..
It’s why guys like Trouba, myers( when he was better) Buff, paranynko, Chara, Jones, Nurse, etc are all high dollar guys.
When guys have the skating to go with the size/skill package it’s very valuable and highly sought after. It’s def harder to find in the draft the. A 5’8-6’0 PMD who plays above average D.
Fox is the exception, not the rule....

it’s the same argument all the time... people say derp derp derp size isn’t everything.... well of course it’s not. But when you have a choice between 2 guys with similar style/skillset s/speed etc, you’d be a gigantic fool to pick the smaller man unless he does something extraordinary the bigger player can’t do..

Last edited:
Reactions: ncmike

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
The Brian Boyle lore on this board is what's laughable. Dorsett had more skill in his right pinky than BB has in his whole 6 foot 7 squishy frame.
Suspected family members or close friends shouldn't be allowed to make posts in here with a straight face. Your opinion is laughable. Boyle was a beast - and his numbers and the eye test proved that. Dorsett was the one with the least talent.
... It’s the same argument all the time... people say derp derp derp size isn’t everything.... well of course it’s not. But when you have a choice between 2 guys with similar style/skillset s/speed etc, you’d be a gigantic fool to pick the smaller man unless he does something extraordinary the bigger player can’t do..
In Lundkvist's case it's his extraordinary shot, but he has barely shown it at all so far, he's still hesitating and struggling to play his game. I would say he's the best shooter by far of all D-men NYR have and that's why he's still around in this murderous competition, where several D-men are as good at skating and passing as him while he's the least physically impressive.

Last edited:

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Rangers are 30 wins at roughly the 55% mark. If we finish the 2nd half with 50 wins and igor is there for most of them, will he get hart consoderation. He deserves to win it imo.

Has a goalie ever won it?

I'm too lazy to look.

If season ended today, I'd guess Matthews.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Hasek has won Hart and Vezina multiple times

Shesty is putting up Hasek type #'s. Crazy to be having this conversation

Reactions: Fitzy

Gluten Free Breadman

Mar 9, 2011
ny
From which part? I meant for him to be one of the “three of the top four” forwards on the team (Kreids being the exception). If from the earlier part, I was talking about guys who naturally play the physical game well.

I guess I'm pointing out that Strome had that great fight last night and he is capable of playing a physical game especially when he is angry.

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
Suspected family members or close friends shouldn't be allowed to make posts in here with a straight face. Your opinion is laughable. Boyle was a beast - and his numbers and the eye test proved that. Dorsett was the one with the least talent.

In Lundkvist's case it's his extraordinary shot, but he has barely shown it at all so far, he's still hesitating and struggling to play his game. I would say he's the best shooter by far of all D-men NYR have and that's why he's still around in this murderous competition, where several D-men are as good at skating and passing as him while he's the least physically impressive.
a beast? keeps getting funnier. Agree to disagree.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008

Lundkvist is going to have a tough time here, not because he’s not talented, but it’s going to be very hard to put him in situations that he can use all of the weapons in his Arsenal.
Fox is literally going to have carte Blanche of every single 1 of those golden opportunities.
If nils isn’t getting those top 4 minutes/ PP situations, he’s likely worth more to the team in trade for the assets he’ll return.
I see maybe a 2-5% chance of him increasing his trade value with us in that role....

Last edited:

mottosays

Feb 1, 2022
If it were up to me, Lindgren would be the Dman to move in a deal.

He's not big enough or strong enough to play the game he tries to play and he offers little offensively.

But if we were to get Chychrun, obviously an LD would have to go back, and I doubt they'd want Lindgren over Miller, and I'm totally on board with that type of deal.

mottosays

Feb 1, 2022
Gauthier has had a ton of opportunities. And im talking about chances to prove himself, not his obligatory hard cut to the net each game without a goal. He doesnt provide much of anything else. I could live with that if he was out there destroying the oppositions D on the forecheck and creating havoc, but that part of his game (which was never his strength) has fallen off dramatically. So defensively yeah, you could take him out and improve.

Barron has been slowly maturing his NHL game. He is making a lot of safe plays, but he is getting more bullish with the puck and on the forecheck which is what I want to see from him. I'd like to give him more time at this level as well.

Laffy needs to stick with that line. He needs time with skilled players. Im waiting for a great assist to get his playmaking juices going. The goals are coming and they are in the dirty areas. I'm hoping for more open wristers and one timers to hit twine and hell get more of those opportunities playing with Mika and Krieds drawing some attention. But its the playmaking ability im waiting for and thats only going to come with reps.

And we definitely see the flashes of Lafreniere's vision and playmaking abilities, but his linemates don't finish, which I attribute to being on the third line. The kid definitely is a playmaker.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
True - but what tips the scales on the broadcast part was none of the broadcast crew would shut up about the big bad Panther offense that was coming to get us. (and this started before the 3rd)

I'm embarrassed for them on how often they mentioned it.
I'm sure they were told to hype it in order to maintain viewership from imaginary casual fans.

it was definitely annoying.

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
What to do until the 16th….?
D2962D9E-0AF6-4C17-9113-E89319B34DEC.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad