NW Valley of the Sun
Can't send him back to Portland...

B02FG76IIAE-DSW.jpg

He has the belt

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
To early to tell but Strome should be available around 10-15.

Generally

McDavid
Eichel
Hanifin
Barzal

is definitely consensus top 4 IMO

from there Konecny/Marner/Kylington/Zacha/Andersson/Strome/White/Sprong are all about equal

I really want to pick that Tchakev kid. He'll be 2nd-3rd round I think

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Can't send him back to Portland...

He has the belt

Man, I hope we give this kid a chance. We need offense. He did well on faceoffs, and didn't look lost defensively. Let him get his 'sea legs' before sending him back when Hanzal returns.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I wish USA Hockey would have realized this and selected Yandle for the Olympics. They could have used someone with his back end speed and PP smarts

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Back from the game. Breezed through the GDT and had to laugh at the gloom and doom early in the game. I actually thought we played really pretty well. The major exceptions were, of course, Keith Yandle's two stupendous brainfades, which I'll admit had me ready to slit my wrists.

Hodgman, though. Remember when people were all over those of us who were mad about him getting scratched and sent down, saying how he hadn't earned his spot even though he'd scored all those points in preseason? Remember them spinning the whole thing about him not having a point in Portland? Oh, the schadenfreude right now is so delicious. Hodgman could have actually had a second goal if he had been able to settle a bouncing puck about 2 minutes after his first one.

Twitter was flooded with Canadian folks like Elliotte Friedman and Mike Commodore making note of Hodgman's goal. And Anthony LeBlanc seemed pretty happy about it too.

Also - Sam Gagner finally gets the monkey off his back and gets his first point. He had an absolutely SICK dangle earlier in the game bringing the puck into the zone (2nd period?) but his drop pass got muffed by the trailer. I think he's settling in.

Oh, and I really wish someone would have flattened Scottie Upshall after he crosschecked Connor Murphy with no penalty, but a loss is as good as a bloody nose for him, I suppose.

SweYote

Jun 7, 2011
Lund, Sweden
Love it. So happy for Hodgman. Biggest thing for the team is Smith with back to back solid performances though, need to keep that going.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
no offense to McMillan or Crombeen, but I'd rather have Hodgman on the 4th line when our best RW comes back and Hanzal returns.

McM had a few good chances tonight and would have gotten a point if Crombeen hadn't tomahawked at the puck. He's Vitale's LW anyways, so put Hodgman with them as their RW. Or keep him at C and shift Gagner to wing.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
all I'm saying is, let's keep the guys who can put the puck in the back of the net, rather than the guys who don't.

unfortunately this roster doesn't have guys that can find the net consistently. So it then becomes a matter of overall play. McMillan and Vitale have often been our best line to watch in both ends in every game so far. They're keepers. There are other pieces to scratch to get Hodge his opportunity.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Back from the game. Breezed through the GDT and had to laugh at the gloom and doom early in the game. I actually thought we played really pretty well. The major exceptions were, of course, Keith Yandle's two stupendous brainfades, which I'll admit had me ready to slit my wrists.

Hodgman, though. Remember when people were all over those of us who were mad about him getting scratched and sent down, saying how he hadn't earned his spot even though he'd scored all those points in preseason? Remember them spinning the whole thing about him not having a point in Portland? Oh, the schadenfreude right now is so delicious. Hodgman could have actually had a second goal if he had been able to settle a bouncing puck about 2 minutes after his first one.

Twitter was flooded with Canadian folks like Elliotte Friedman and Mike Commodore making note of Hodgman's goal. And Anthony LeBlanc seemed pretty happy about it too.

Also - Sam Gagner finally gets the monkey off his back and gets his first point. He had an absolutely SICK dangle earlier in the game bringing the puck into the zone (2nd period?) but his drop pass got muffed by the trailer. I think he's settling in.

Oh, and I really wish someone would have flattened Scottie Upshall after he crosschecked Connor Murphy with no penalty, but a loss is as good as a bloody nose for him, I suppose.

It's only one game, so don't get to excited, but Hodgman played very well and deserved everything he got, and I think he has DT attention. Happy Gagne finally got a point, he also played well. Another young player, Murphy, I thought played very well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad