Does this (the Sharks) make Mclellan look bad?

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Someone should introduce you to Mike Keenan.

No kidding. Dave Manson tried to kill him. According to Jeremy Roenick, the young guys were afraid of him but the veterans hated his guts. I doubt there is a more universally reviled coach in the league than Keenan, at least not in modern times.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Keenan was an extraordinary coach that got the most out of his players and teams. Do I like him? no. But players generally did.

That's just not true at all. It was widely known that his players couldn't stand him but they sure did respect him. Same goes for Bowman, many stories of players not likiing him on a personal level. Probably part of the reason why they were great coaches because they demanded respect by ruling with an iron fist.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
That's just not true at all. It was widely known that his players couldn't stand him but they sure did respect him. Same goes for Bowman, many stories of players not likiing him on a personal level. Probably part of the reason why they were great coaches because they demanded respect by ruling with an iron fist.

Keenan was much more than ruling with an iron fist. Of course Bowman was much more.

But most players like success, as I mentioned, and vastly prefer it to failure. Shouldn't even need stating.

The Worst failure ever in SJ, even including 2006, was the 2014 3 games to nil classic collapse. One of the worst moments by anyteam in Stanley Cup history. Which of course eventually resulted in the firing of certain coaches..They had to.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Keenan was much more than ruling with an iron fist. Of course Bowman was much more.

But most players like success, as I mentioned, and vastly prefer it to failure. Shouldn't even need stating.

The Worst failure ever in SJ, even including 2006, was the 2014 3 games to nil classic collapse. One of the worst moments by anyteam in Stanley Cup history. Which of course eventually resulted in the firing of certain coaches..They had to.

The Boston Bruins didn't fire anyone after their collapse and went onto win the Cup the next year. :dunno:

In the end the Sharks just didn't have what it takes, their coach didn't adjust, and they won't make it back to the dance anytime soon.

BadMedicine*

Judging by the fact that IMHO the Oilers played an anemic version of the "San Jose Model" ...collapse defense and all.....it seems to me that if they keep going in that direction some people might begin calling them regressive.:shakehead:

Evidence shows the Kings went to a more creative offensive focused defensively airtight Possesion/Transition style system in 2012 , a balanced EveryMan approach focusing on depth, then the Hawks went to the same look in 2013 :handclap: and then the Blues in 2014 and Flames and Yotes and Rangers and Isles and Pens and others also followed suit :handclap:.The Oilers have been behind the NHLs tactical evolution for a long time hanging onto Dynasty dreams :( :help:....but in 2009-10-11 they were in fact an evolutionary Process Pillar in establishing the creative urgently offensive Possesion/Transition status quo we now see NHL Teams quickly evolving into today in 2016-17 :handclap::yo::handclap:.

SoftDumps

Oct 11, 2013
Judging by the fact that IMHO the Oilers played an anemic version of the "San Jose Model" ...collapse defense and all.....it seems to me that if they keep going in that direction some people might begin calling them regressive.:shakehead:

Evidence shows the Kings went to a more creative offensive focused defensively airtight Possesion/Transition style system in 2012 , a balanced EveryMan approach focusing on depth, then the Hawks went to the same look in 2013 :handclap: and then the Blues in 2014 and Flames and Yotes and Rangers and Isles and Pens and others also followed suit :handclap:.The Oilers have been behind the NHLs tactical evolution for a long time hanging onto Dynasty dreams :( :help:....but in 2009-10-11 they were in fact an evolutionary Process Pillar in establishing the creative urgently offensive Possesion/Transition status quo we now see NHL Teams quickly evolving into today in 2016-17 :handclap::yo::handclap:.

Well, I don't think you missed any catchy phrases or buzzwords, so that's a plus.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada

And 3 to 5 years when the Oilers are, hopefully, contending, what will the latest trend be? How many trends will come and go by then?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad