Does this Leafs PP look like it could be the best ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Honestly not a fan of that no look from Matthews
He double checked after the fact
44 was smart to be there

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
Oh my god how high are your expectations whit that team ?!

You're going to be so disappointed it's gonna hurt.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

I am just saying taking a PP that was 25% and adding Matthews to it means there is a pretty good chance. Not to mention these were all kids who are taking a step. Marner is a man possessed.

That tweet is clearly hyperbole.

They're not adding Matthews, they're adding Tavares. And they're not simply adding Tavares, he's replacing someone.

I feel like you don't have a great understanding of how power plays work. Or statistics, for that matter.

Reactions: Oryxo

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
That tweet is clearly hyperbole.

They're not adding Matthews, they're adding Tavares. And they're not simply adding Tavares, he's replacing someone.

I feel like you don't have a great understanding of how power plays work. Or statistics, for that matter.

Matthews wasn't on the #1 unit last year. It was Bozak and JVR who left. Matthews and Tavares are replacing them. It was 25% last year. Do you see where I am coming from?

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Video of a few nice but pretty typical powerplay passes --> GOAT powerplay.

Leafs fans are just embarassing at this point. OP in particular.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Best in Toronto history? Or league history ?

Because the Caps, and I’m sure some other teams have had numerous of such highlights almost every season.

Ovechkin/Backstrom/Kuznetsov(Johansson)/Oshie(Brouwer)/Carlson(Green)

I’m pretty sure I’m forgetting somebody too.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Matthews wasn't on the #1 unit last year. It was Bozak and JVR who left. Matthews and Tavares are replacing them. It was 25% last year. Do you see where I am coming from?

So you think they're going to make up the 14 goals they're losing and add an additional 30 goals on top of that to their PP totals?

Tavares could make up the 14 and a few extra, but then where are the extra 30 going to come from? Even the most elite players struggle to hit 20 PPG per season.

Instead of using qualitative arguments, try using some actual statistics besides 25%. Maybe then you can convince me.

Reactions: Pia8988

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
It’s not even the regular season yet... teams aren’t trying that hard, team don’t all have their full roster, teams haven’t played that much at all, they haven’t witnessed the TO power play as it is now they haven’t studied it.

It’s very likely not going to last at an insane level
Expecting a new record at this time is like blowing your load the first time you even make eye contact with someone

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Boston’s is probably better. And Washington’s. And Pitts.

Probably Carolina’s too. Since we’re making silly predictions.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
"a player is going to live up to his draft pedigree this year"

"leafs are going to break all time records"

edit: don't know where the quote went

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Come on now don't do this...

Anyways I am not basing on a pre-season game. This is just the first look we have had of them and are considerably better than last year's PP. I think there is a chance they could break the record for PP% this year.

Kami - if you don't want poster to "do this", maybe refrain from asking if the Leafs have the best PP of all time based on how they look in a pre-season game. That's like throwing gas on the fire and surprised there is a big flare up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad