Does this Leafs PP look like it could be the best ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Lol they're facing the Habs PK in the preseason.

Come back if they're running >30% by game 20

Reactions: marty111

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Yes. They will break all the records and go on to win 10 Stanley Cups in a row.

I mean, I am sure they will be very good, but you are taking a preseason game and taking such a drastic position from it.

Come on now don't do this...

Anyways I am not basing on a pre-season game. This is just the first look we have had of them and are considerably better than last year's PP. I think there is a chance they could break the record for PP% this year.

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
It looks very good but Burns and Karlsson on the same powerplay is as deadly as it gets IMO

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
I understand it's annoying for non-Leaf fans, but you gotta admit, that's a downright ridiculous powerplay. Ignore the jersey colour for a second...

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
You hate a fanbase for asking a question? This is a very good PP if you disagree then sure but I mean we're talking about an 8% improvement here not 40%[/QUO
If anyone is watching the first time they have all gotten together... Man.

They were 25% last year. The record is 31.88%.

What do you guys think? For reference

Tavares
Matthews - Kadri - Marner
Rielly

Could be but their defense looks like one of the worst in the league.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Come on now don't do this...

Anyways I am not basing on a pre-season game. This is just the first look we have had of them and are considerably better than last year's PP. I think there is a chance they could break the record for PP% this year.

How are they considerably better than last year? Last year was the #7 PP since the lockout. Are you basing this on looks? If so, you contradict yourself by "not basing on a pre-season game". If you're going off of their PP on paper, there are several other teams that can do the same. Pittsburgh, Tampa, Washington, Dallas, and probably a few others. We've seen rosters that on paper look dominant, but end up less spectacular than expected. Paper expectations are a slippery slope.

---

Since the lockout, the highest PP% is 26.8% by the Capitals in 2012-2013. Only 7 teams have broken 25% on the season (including Toronto last year).

The highest PP%s of all time all occurred in the late 70s and early 80s. The league was fundamentally different back then. No team has even sniffed 30% since. But you expect the Leafs' to break that 31.9% on the season? There's a better chance their PP% is 15% than 30%.

They might push for the best in the modern era, but unless the game fundamentally changes again or some kind of superteam is built, it is a very safe bet to assume no team will beat that record.

Let's hit the breaks a bit.

Last edited:

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
Everyone, can we all agree to let this one die? Its just a plea for help on its best day, at this point.

Reactions: seroes

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Since the lockout, the highest PP% is 26.8% by the Capitals in 2012-2013. Only 7 teams have broken 25% on the season (including Toronto last year).

The highest PP%s of all time all occurred in the late 70s and early 80s. The league was fundamentally different back then. No team has even sniffed 30% since. But you expect the Leafs' to break that 31.9% on the season? There's a better chance their PP% is 15% than 30%.

They might push for the best in the modern era, but unless the game fundamentally changes again or some kind of superteam is built, it is a very safe bet to assume no team will beat that record.

Let's hit the breaks a bit.

I am just saying taking a PP that was 25% and adding Matthews to it means there is a pretty good chance. Not to mention these were all kids who are taking a step. Marner is a man possessed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->