Speculation: Does Seider wear an 'A' next season?

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Perron is in that discussion as well, but seeing as he only signed a 2 year deal and likely won't stay for the duration of it

Perron, if he's playing well, is going to stick around. Perron isn't Cup chasing, he wanted to sign somewhere he saw himself retiring. During his initial interviews, he already mentioned how he's willing to take on a lesser role with the team as he ages.

Obviously things could change and everyone could agree to part ways, but if all goes according to plan, I don't see Perron as a trade deadline mercenary in the slightest.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
I'm completely lost as to your point now.

Why are you trading a guy like Larkin with two near-PPG seasons whenever the team had even an ounce of talent for a guy that you don't think is that level? Larkin for 3OA Cooley? The only way it makes ANY sense for Detroit to do that is you actually think Cooely will be a legit 1C. Because Dylan Larkin is either a good 1C or the very best 2C in the league.

This is what makes your idea not a good one.
Did you read my point about when Seider and Raymond are elite Bert and Larkin will be old? And you contradicted yourself. YOU compared Cooley to Seider. " would you trade Larkin for Seider" i said trade Larkin for 3OA then draft Cooley. He is 18. Larkin is 26. This isn't difficult to understand (maybe it is) Idgaf about why would Ari do it. They are known for making good moves now?

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Did you read my point about when Seider and Raymond are elite Bert and Larkin will be old? And you contradicted yourself. YOU compared Cooley to Seider. " would you trade Larkin for Seider" i said trade Larkin for 3OA then draft Cooley. He is 18. Larkin is 26. This isn't difficult to understand (maybe it is) Idgaf about why would Ari do it. They are known for making good moves now?

Just a gentle reminder what this thread is about: alternate captains. We're veering pretty far off those waters talking about trades with Arizona for the current team captain.

You're more than welcome to make a new fantasy trade thread where you can destroy your opponents in the marketplace of ideas.

Reactions: SoupNazi

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
My prediction is Copp A, Perron maybe a rotating A, Seider A

Last edited by a moderator:

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I don’t see how Seider avoids a letter of some kind this year.

I would be surprised if Copp did.

So I’m guessing

Larkin C
Seider A
Perron A

I don’t think Raymond gets one, would be floored if Bert did, and then everyone else I just don’t see it. Were DDK still here I would see him with one. But the Wings simply don’t have that long tenured guy who is clearly good in the locker room because he got a letter even though he sucks on the ice.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Between Bertuzzi, Copp, Seider we have some options for guys wearing an A. Perron is in that discussion as well, but seeing as he only signed a 2 year deal and likely won't stay for the duration of it, it seems a bit fast and loose to give him one.

That's ok. He can wear it on the interim while a guy like Kasper is learning the ropes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad