Speculation: Does Seider wear an 'A' next season?

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
Out of respect to other veterans on the team, I think they'll wait another year or so. But the kid is a leader, so not only will be wear an A, but I suspect someday he'll get the C as well.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
I think he'll get an "A", next year. I think we'll go with 3 "A"s next year if we keep both Staal and Gagner.

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
Staal and Gagner are probably gone at least one of them. He plays with unreal poise and patience so ya slap the "A" on him he is the future of the franchise.

MabusIncarnate

May 20, 2013
Tennessee
If Staal and Danny D are still here, he won't have one. Same goes with Gagner, if any combo of those three that are still here, Mo won't get a letter.
This was going to be my answer also. If we still got our vets, they are going to wear it. Seider will have his time, no doubt in my mind, maybe season after next.

A few injuries though, I could see it. They might slap it on Erne instead though.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Seider should get the C. Trade Larkin to Arizona for number three draft Cooley. Tank then get Bedard. Trade Bertuzzi for another first. Our prime players will be old when we are ready to compete. Build around Seider and Raymond.
A lot of people think you are joking but this is a very real possibility.

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
Doubtful. He will be more than ready for the job when he gets it, just like he was more than ready for the NHL this year. He will only be put in a position to succeed from his career standpoint so getting the "A" before he's more than ready is a huge mistake. He should already be a veteran on the team, helping new players come in, and seeing his friends go. Thats part of it and what really lead Larkin to earning the "C".

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Skill. Ability. Personality.

Seider has leader written all over him. It's not jusr that he's so good. His personality is that of a leader to a T. I can't say the same about Larkin.

I don’t get the distinction between skill and ability here, and on-ice performance has never been the be all and end all of NHL captaincy. If Larkin were a bottom six grinder I’d have some time for that criticism but he’s a good player.

Personality from… post-game interviews? Coffee with Carly? We don’t really know these guys at all.

Reactions: Christoph53

USMarine

May 4, 2022
Mississippi
www.letsgowings.com
I don’t get the distinction between skill and ability here, and on-ice performance has never been the be all and end all of NHL captaincy. If Larkin were a bottom six grinder I’d have some time for that criticism but he’s a good player.

Personality from… post-game interviews? Coffee with Carly? We don’t really know these guys at all.
I've been following Seider for a long time. In particular, there was a user here who stated "the Wings will be taking Seider 6th overall" before the draft on the rumors board. I fell for it, and started following Seider at that point, and realized quickly he was the best Dman in that draft. I was maybe one of the few ppl who wasn't surprised when Yzerman selected him. I promise I'm not blowing smoke here.

Seider has always been praised for his veteran attitude and personality. He learns extremely quickly and operates like a man much older than he is, but is still enjoyable to be around. The first concrete evidence I got of this was his draft day interview. Anyone with instincts could tell the kid was on another level. Then you have all his media appearances post game, in practice, Joe and Moe show etc. Its quite obvious he has a take charge personality and also a fun loving personality. This is like the holy grail in sports psychology. He has the will and temperament to lead, but also the ability defuse tension and keep things light naturally.

I'm not saying Larkin is a bad captain. I'm saying Seider is a unicorn and should be Captain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad