Speculation: Does Sanderson overtake EK65?

Does Sanderson overtake EK65 in stats?

• Yes

Votes: 16 15.5%
  • No

Votes: 58 56.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 29 28.2%

• Total voters

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Apples and Oranges. Sanderson is no joke but provides a more complete game. Saying this with EK65 being my favorite player

Reactions: Icelevel

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I wouldn't discount the possibility. PPG is possible, but there's a lot of guys looking to eat on the team, so who knows. Karlsson didn't have Chychrun and Chabot beside/behind him and I'm curious how that will shake out. I think Jake lands at more like 60 this year if those guys are both getting ~50.

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
I wouldn't discount the possibility. PPG is possible, but there's a lot of guys looking to eat on the team, so who knows. Karlsson didn't have Chychrun and Chabot beside/behind him and I'm curious how that will shake out. I think Jake lands at more like 60 this year if those guys are both getting ~50.

To match EK, he will need a Norris this year. And then another 2 by age 33. Possible, but a tough ask.

Only a few games in this season, but I have seen some wow moments that I haven't seen since Karlsson. I remember Karlsson's breakout 78 point season well, he was doing something spectacular every game.

Sanderson has the potential to be the best player on a cup winning team I believe. If he can be the backbone of a cup winner and win a couple Norris Trophies he will be in the same category as EK. Long way to go still. Will be fun to watch!

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
One is generational.

The other looks like he will win a Norris or two if all goes very, very well.

Different level EK was.

Sanderson could have better "career" with more accolades cause of the core he is going to play with.

Reactions: Icelevel

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
To match EK, he will need a Norris this year. And then another 2 by age 33. Possible, but a tough ask.

Only a few games in this season, but I have seen some wow moments that I haven't seen since Karlsson. I remember Karlsson's breakout 78 point season well, he was doing something spectacular every game.

Sanderson has the potential to be the best player on a cup winning team I believe. If he can be the backbone of a cup winner and win a couple Norris Trophies he will be in the same category as EK. Long way to go still. Will be fun to watch!
Karlsson really should have 4 Norris trophies.

Jake may be in tough to win as many with how they like to spread the wealth for the Norris, but he's looking like he'll be competing for them. Our top four is the best it's been since the Redden/Chara days and I wonder what EK would have looked like with this kind of talent.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
That play where Sanderson was a step behind Oshie & caught up to him in a step or two & prevented him from even getting a shot on net right beside the crease, it was an incredible defensive play.

That WAS great. I think it really surprised Oshie too, so he threw a bit of a hissy fit. :laugh:

Reactions: DylanSensFan

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Oshie is such a punk. He's always doing something cheap or complaining about something.

giphy.gif

Reactions: NyQuil

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
If your talking defensive play YES! He'll have a much better +- than Karlsson

Point production wise, probably not. Hence I voted Maybe.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
He already has. Who is Karlsson? Some dude for played for the Ottawa senators a while back? Who cares

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad