Does Rodin get another chance ?

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I do not even know who Cramaross and Shore are.

? Is this said in jest?

Anyways, for me, I am indifferent. I prefer that the Canucks find upgrades. I have always thought that Shore is a talented player and I am very surprised that he hasn't been able to establish himself as at least a 4th line player in the NHL. So I don't know. Maybe if he gets a Chaput type opportunity he still has the potential to grow his game? But he was pretty nonexistent in his short stint here. At this point, I'm not sure if he will ever establish himself as an NHL player. Even in the AHL he's an underachiever.

As for Cramarossa. He was terrible here. I honestly don't know why Ducks fans were so high on him (except that he was the best of a terrible 4th line?) Maybe it's just small sample size his underlying stats suggests he's simply not an NHL player. He is a good fighter though (I am not concerned that he lost his one fight here as he lost to a really good fighter).

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
? Is this said in jest?

Anyways, for me, I am indifferent. I prefer that the Canucks find upgrades. I have always thought that Shore is a talented player and I am very surprised that he hasn't been able to establish himself as at least a 4th line player in the NHL. So I don't know. Maybe if he gets a Chaput type opportunity he still has the potential to grow his game? But he was pretty nonexistent in his short stint here. At this point, I'm not sure if he will ever establish himself as an NHL player. Even in the AHL he's an underachiever.

As for Cramarossa. He was terrible here. I honestly don't know why Ducks fans were so high on him (except that he was the best of a terrible 4th line?) Maybe it's just small sample size his underlying stats suggests he's simply not an NHL player. He is a good fighter though (I am not concerned that he lost his one fight here as he .

No jest. I basically stopped following the team after the brutal Hansen trade.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Apparently Rodin wants to re-sign here....but if he doesn't, is it a case of him having European skill but not a North American heart?:sarcasm:

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Another chance?

He didn't even get A chance this season.

Nothing's changed for Anton. Either his knees will hold up or they won't.

If they do then yay for us. If not, dems the breaks.

Exactly this.

And after Travis Green has been preaching more offence at all his interviews since being hired, Rodin better be getting every chance in the world. I mean, who else is an option? Rodin is probably our most talented winger outside of Boeser and the aging Daniel.

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
Likely not an NHL player- I'd prefer we moved on from Rodin.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014

You could be right.....but neither are guys like Cramarossa, LaBate, Shore, Megna, and Chaput... and who knows about guys like Gaunce and Molino.....but I guarantee that most of those guys will be qualified and re-signed, ready for the NHL or not.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
He'll never be the same. If he can't recover after a year of rehab it's a lost cause. You must admit that this entire situation is so Canucks. A player who was basically cast into nothingness rises from the ashes and completely turns his career around and becomes the best player in the SEL.

Blows out his knee.

What did we do to deserve this?

It's the curse of Moore...

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
What about Holden?

I remember how disappointed I was when Holden got injured. If I had some perspective I might think that the team wasn't cursed.

Alas, my sense is that Rodin's injury, if dealt with properly, is likely not career threatening.

Last edited:

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Alas, my sense is that Rodin's injury, if dealt with properly, is likely not career threatening.

That's hard to say. It's never good when you need corrective surgery. Rodin without explosive skating can pretty much kiss his chances of an NHL career goodbye.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
That's hard to say. It's never good when you need corrective surgery. Rodin without explosive skating can pretty much kiss his chances of an NHL career goodbye.

Time will tell but his recent comments are positive.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Time will tell but his recent comments are positive.

HIS recent comments? As in Rodin's? I'm not sure if there has been any athlete in the history of professional sports who readily and openly admit that they are no longer the same player after surgery. At least not until they come back and prove that they aren't the same player.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
I hope so. What can it hurt? I have a feeling after this latest surgery we'll never see his full potential though. He's probably done.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I hope so. What can it hurt? I have a feeling after this latest surgery we'll never see his full potential though. He's probably done.

You could be right....I'n no physician, but the guy had surgery for a sliced tendon in his knee, which obviously never healed properly and then created instability in the knee joint as a whole....but surgeons can work marvels with knee problems that were often career-ending not that long ago.

If they brought him back on a one-year deal, even if he ended up on LTIR again, it wouldn't represent much risk.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
HIS recent comments? As in Rodin's? I'm not sure if there has been any athlete in the history of professional sports who readily and openly admit that they are no longer the same player after surgery. At least not until they come back and prove that they aren't the same player.

pretty sure alex edler came out and said "yep it hurts every day now and i have to play differently" or something like that

edit: yep (misremembered a little bit) http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...x-edlers-back-injury-affects-him-and-the-team

"There haven't been any red lights. I can do everything, but that doesn't mean I'm not feeling it. Sometimes it's sore and stiff, but it was sore and stiff last year and I played 82 games."

the original province article is gone but i remember reading this at the time

Last edited:

scorvat53

Jan 21, 2017

I'm pretty sure his last surgery was to fix the mistakes of the first one (of the surgeons)

If what I saw last year was Rodin @ 50% I'm optimistic of what he could become next year.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
pretty sure alex edler came out and said "yep it hurts every day now and i have to play differently" or something like that

edit: yep (misremembered a little bit) http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...x-edlers-back-injury-affects-him-and-the-team

the original province article is gone but i remember reading this at the time

I remember reading it too but he said all that in the context of "I played 82 games last season and had 49 points dealing with the same thing."

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014

In the season before he came to North America, Rodin was voted the SHL's MVP, despite getting hurt and only playing three-quarters of a season....if he can return to 100 percent health, it's hard to believe that he isn't an NHL player....particularly given some of the plugs and AHL-NHL bubble guys who rotated through the Canuck lineup last season.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
He's turning 27 in November.

I'd be shocked if he amounts to anything.

That depends on what Rodin is now. JD Burke kind of alluded to this in his interview with 1040. Basically, last season was a lost season. But could still be the player expected of him when Benning brought him back. Burke I think projected him to be a 20 45-50 point guy so that's where he is coming from.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
He should be a nice piece in Utica, unless we've given him some kind of out clause.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad