Does Rodin get another chance ?

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
Absolutely, I thought he was one of the few players in training camp, who possessed potential top 6 forward skill. Personally I thought he was one of our most dangerous forwards in the preseason games with a bad knee.

I hope they give him a chance.

Labamba

Too Much 4 CDC
Feb 26, 2013
Shuswap
He'll never be the same. If he can't recover after a year of rehab it's a lost cause. You must admit that this entire situation is so Canucks. A player who was basically cast into nothingness rises from the ashes and completely turns his career around and becomes the best player in the SEL.

Blows out his knee.

What did we do to deserve this?

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
He'll never be the same. If he can't recover after a year of rehab it's a lost cause. You must admit that this entire situation is so Canucks. A player who was basically cast into nothingness rises from the ashes and completely turns his career around and becomes the best player in the SEL.

Blows out his knee.

What did we do to deserve this?

The hockey gods despise us.. they like to beat us relentlessly.

I hope our first cup win is vs the leafs... my god... that would be stressful but it would be the most glorious day of my life

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
If he's healthy enough why not he looked good early and that was playing hurt.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays

I hope our first cup win is vs the leafs... my god... that would be stressful but it would be the most glorious day of my life

two Canadian teams in the finals? Over Bettmans cold dead hands

And yes please bring Rodin back

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Another chance?

He didn't even get A chance this season.

Nothing's changed for Anton. Either his knees will hold up or they won't.

If they do then yay for us. If not, dems the breaks.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
His knee issues are definitely concerning. But it's a no-brainer to sign him to a 1 year deal to give him a chance to prove himself.

PredsForPresidents

Dec 31, 2014
British Columbia

Yes and our Superstar Captain Jake Virtanen undressing defensive liability Nylander to get the OT winner to cap off an amazing 7 goal comeback in game 7.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
With two better left handed wingers brought in already and that hasn't even began to talk who we draft, I'd say his likelihood of getting a contract offer waivers at every moment he's not skating. IMHO he's a perfect PTO guy. Homegrown, cheap and skilled. Problem is his risk is about as high as his reward. I'd probably not QO him, but I'd offer him a PTO right away.

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
I don't know that there is really any choice, the team is incredibly thin on the wings and in terms of goal scoring.

Currently, our top wingers next year look to be Baertschi, Eriksson, Daniel and Granlund.

If we assume Horvat to be the #1 C next season (and we should), Daniel is not a good fit for his style of play, so it will likely be Baertschi and Eriksson. But if Eriksson doesn't find his lost mojo in a hurry next season, the coach (whomever it is) is going to have to start mixing things up. It would be a lot to expect Boeser or Goldobin to step into a top line role. I'm not on the Granlund hate train, but I don't see him as a first line Winger. So who does that leave? Virtanen hasn't proven anything yet. Our first round pick this year ('cause that has worked so well in the past)? At least with Rodin, we know he has produced at a pro level in a league that is at least as good, if not better than the AHL. We also don't have Hansen or Burrows who can easily move up the line up.

I'd give him a contact for next year if only to have anther potential iron in the fire.

Ideally, for Horvat's first season in the spot line as the top C, he should have at least 1 winger who is a threat on his own, but we don't have that player right now.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
The only place that this team is NOT thin at is our bottom 6.

We got more 3rd line checkers then you can shake a stick at.

Next season we will check teams into submission.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Find is interesting that he's stuck around the team, working with the training and medical staff on his rehab.....unfortunately for him he also has to be quarantined for mumps.....but if the Canucks monitor his progress and think he's fully recovered, could see them offering him a contract....he showed enough on one leg to be a consideration....surely he has to bring more to the table offensively than guys like Skille or Megna, who likely won't be back.

denkiteki

Jun 29, 2010
I hope he does although i'm starting to wonder where he'll play. I don't think he'll be successful on the 4th line. If we sign Boeser, then i'm not sure there's a spot in the top 3 lines for him. I mean we already have wingers in: Sedin/Erikkson + Bae/Goldobin + Granlund/Boeser.

Still i hope we resign him because we really lack any offensive threat @ the AHL level so we need depth and someone's bound to get hurt during the year (reason i would rather have a skill 4th line vs an energy line... if injuries happen, we'll end up with an energy line anyways because that's more or less all we can call up).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad