Does Mitts still fit into the long term plans?

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Just like any prospect in our pool, he is in the long term future. It is up to him to make a case to be a fixture, if not and someone comes calling for him ..you listen.
Pretty much this.

I'm really not ready to give up on him. He's still just a puppy. He needs a good swift kick in the ass. With the right motivation, I think he could become a good 2nd line scorer.

We have other more pressing matters to attend to.

Talking with my Coyote friends and all that trade talk - I think a package around him as the centerpiece for Kuemper makes a lot of sense.

1TuchAnd1NoTuch

Jul 26, 2011
Buffalo
I don’t think they’re planning on him being a key contributor, which was the mistake two years ago. He could still impress and force himself back into the long term plans but he’s gotta wake up

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Rumors going around casey is very out of shape ...

I'm very disappointed in him if true

[insert 3 year old comment] "just because you don't see him take any pictures of working out, doesn't mean he's not doing the work" that has been said on these boards every time questions about his game shape is questioned.

Reactions: sufferer

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
Unless he improves a lot, probably not. That said Staal is probably a one and done so it's not like there is no spot for him if he actually becomes a good player. Does anyone have faith in him at this point? I really doubt it.

I do. The talent level is clearly there with him and why he was such a high pick.

Really surprised they haven't gotten Eichel to take him under his wing to show him what training actually looks like.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls

He looks more determined than ever.
angry-fat-boy-blond-isolated-on-white-picture-id506915590

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn

Doesn't the team have a regimen for him? If he's not following their workout and nutrition recommendations, that's pretty much giving up on a pro career for someone in his position.

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
You never want to see a top prospect plummet like this. I hope I'm wrong about him and he becomes a bigger version of Ennis.

Washed Up 29YearOld

Bro Do You Even Hockey?
Apr 29, 2018
Buffalo NY
Last image I say was a month ago had a double Chin but this one he looks healthier
I actually think
Mitts looks pretty good if it was his goal to lose upper body fat to become a faster skater.
Is his shot good? If not he needs to add muscle and be physically stronger.
In terms of speed, his body type now looks built for that whereas in the past he didn't look quite as quick as he should had.
Maybe he gained too much muscle too quickly the off-season before and it slowed him down, hence why he was so ineffective.

Flash20

DC Homer
Oct 16, 2009
Buffalo
Doesn't the team have a regimen for him? If he's not following their workout and nutrition recommendations, that's pretty much giving up on a pro career for someone in his position.

This is the same team that said he was 7% body fat lol ..

I can understand him being overweight and out of shape when we drafted him but he's almost 22... and still has the double Chin thats just screams not motivated

Flash20

DC Homer
Oct 16, 2009
Buffalo
I actually think
Mitts looks pretty good if it was his goal to lose upper body fat to become a faster skater.
Is his shot good? If not he needs to add muscle and be physically stronger.
In terms of speed, his body type now looks built for that whereas in the past he didn't look quite as quick as he should had.
Maybe he gained too much muscle too quickly the off-season before and it slowed him down, hence why he was so ineffective.

I dont get why some are saying this he never gained muscle you can see instantly by his face last year he didn't do anything to help his game ..

If he starred to work out his face would have gotten skinny and wouldn't look Pillsbury like

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I dont get why some are saying this he never gained muscle you can see instantly by his face last year he didn't do anything to help his game ..

If he starred to work out his face would have gotten skinny and wouldn't look Pillsbury like

That's anecdotal evidence at best of his fitness level. Some people just have round faces. Sometimes the face is the last place you see progress.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
As I’ve said before innhis draft he possibly was the best forward in potential but very raw coming out of HS.

Right now with the ED coming up buffalo doesn’t want yo give him away. Thry don’t want to trade him for a D they don’t protect. As a forward he is good enough in talentto protect.

He would be a strong 2C on an offensive line. Playing with a very good winger he can play on top line having dimilat numbers to Peterson
If the team thinks a Cozens can play a 2C that is strong defensivly then buffalo can useMitts as a 3C in an offense role.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Mittelstadt, though, has proven to be mostly useless at the NHL level (and from what I gather, just OK at the AHL level, though our more frequent Amerk viewers can correct that statement as needed).

No argument with your observation from my watching him in Rochester on a couple occasions. It's never a good thing when one of your more hopeful "NHL Prospects" is not one of the better players at a Minor League level - and mostly uninvolved in the contests to boot.

Maybe I just went to his "bad games." Maybe someone else saw him play well. I hope so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad