Does Marchand get suspended for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
what in heavens name are you trying to say? a shot upwards into the jaw isnt a hit to the head? are you serious?--as an isles fan, i think it is fine with marchand not being suspended--isnt the worst thing ive ever seen, but if they truly are trying to take these hits out of the game, then he should be suspended for a game having said that, marchand is dirty

From this retired athletes point of view who has been in a few scrapes of her own and after having a couple conversations with a few retired players I know well, weirdly, they agree with me. Not a single one of them sees that as a head shot either. A punch to the jaw is not the same thing as a "head shot". I've taken worse shots to my jaw than what Marchy threw there (and have the TMJ and jaw surgery scars to show for it) and not a single one of those was ever called a head shot. Interference, Roughing, Fighting, yes, head shot or intent to injure? Nope. 5 and the game was more than sufficient. Have a great day! Am envious of those in NYC today that may have the luck to run into Stanton today if in right place at right time. Haven't been this excited for spring training in I don't even know how long.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I’m fine with 5 and a game. It was dirty,dangerous, and intentional but he got a punished in the game. I’m fine with no suspension.

Like i said on page one, I’m more upset about the Backes headbutt to Ladd. That was worse in my opinion. Backes launched his helmet right into Ladds chin.

Someone is actually upset over the botched "headbutt" call? Astounding.

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
From this retired athletes point of view who has been in a few scrapes of her own and after having a couple conversations with a few retired players I know well, weirdly, they agree with me. Not a single one of them sees that as a head shot either. A punch to the jaw is not the same thing as a "head shot". I've taken worse shots to my jaw than what Marchy threw there (and have the TMJ and jaw surgery scars to show for it) and not a single one of those was ever called a head shot. Interference, Roughing, Fighting, yes, head shot or intent to injure? Nope. 5 and the game was more than sufficient. Have a great day! Am envious of those in NYC today that may have the luck to run into Stanton today if in right place at right time. Haven't been this excited for spring training in I don't even know how long.

Personally, I don't particularly care about where he was hit. What bothered me about this hit hat it was retaliatory and blindsided. Tavares could have easily have gotten a concussion with the way he went hard into the boards from such an unexpected hit away from the play. The illegal check threw Tavares hard into the boards and could have resulted in a serious injury. Just because he or any other player was not injured this time, doesn't mean it won't happen the next time. Marchand has to grow a pair if he's upset that someone ran into him by accident or not. If he has a problem with it face Tavares head on and throw the gloves down, at least JT has a fair chance to defend himself. There's no place in this game for cowards to hit people in a gesture of retaliation when they are not expecting it. Should have gotten a call from the league if not just for a warning.

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
BTW, I don't watch much Bruins hockey anymore but I just saw the spearing or should I say castration attempt by Marchand on Drouin (last season?). What a punk. No respect at all for the game. If he's a target, it's not hard to figure out why.

EDIT: and I just watched the slew fit on Kronwall. This guy is your classic dirty player. What a bum!

EDIT, EDIT: and I just watched him go after some Senators' knee (Borwecki) with an intentional low hit. How is this guy even playing in this league???

Last edited:

Sigh

At half mast
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
www.galenwestonjr.ca
BTW, I don't watch much Bruins hockey anymore but I just saw the spearing or should I say castration attempt by Marchand on Drouin (last season?). What a punk. No respect at all for the game. If he's a target, it's not hard to figure out why.

EDIT: and I just watched the slew fit on Kronwall. This guy is your classic dirty player. What a bum!

EDIT, EDIT: and I just watched him go after some Senators' knee (Borwecki) with an intentional low hit. How is this guy even playing in this league???
Been in rehab a while, guy? Marchy's done WAY more shit than this. :naughty:

Reactions: Ladyfan

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
With his history, I do not think he gets any benefit of doubt anymore, should get a call from the league, sad for such a good player to waste games with stuff like this

He sure doesn't get any benefit of any kind... And considering that, he didn't even get a hearing. Nothing whatsoever. That tells you how much of a nothing-burger this situation was.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
"Intent to injure"? How did you come to that conclusion? Do you think that Marchand wanted to send Tavares out on a stretcher? Really?

Marchand flew out of position to throw that hit. Either he's terrible defensively or he cared more about hammering Tavares than getting scored on

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
I’m fine with 5 and a game. It was dirty,dangerous, and intentional but he got a punished in the game. I’m fine with no suspension.

Like i said on page one, I’m more upset about the Backes headbutt to Ladd. That was worse in my opinion. Backes launched his helmet right into Ladds chin.

:facepalm:

Search on YouTube "headbutt" and report back, please....

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Personally, I don't particularly care about where he was hit. What bothered me about this hit hat it was retaliatory and blindsided. Tavares could have easily have gotten a concussion with the way he went hard into the boards from such an unexpected hit away from the play. The illegal check threw Tavares hard into the boards and could have resulted in a serious injury. Just because he or any other player was not injured this time, doesn't mean it won't happen the next time. Marchand has to grow a pair if he's upset that someone ran into him by accident or not. If he has a problem with it face Tavares head on and throw the gloves down, at least JT has a fair chance to defend himself. There's no place in this game for cowards to hit people in a gesture of retaliation when they are not expecting it. Should have gotten a call from the league if not just for a warning.

It was nothing. Too much overreacting.

Reactions: BruinLVGA

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
Been in rehab a while, guy? Marchy's done WAY more **** than this. :naughty:

LOL. I remember the name Bryan Marchment from a few years back, I always thought he was a dirty player. I think I heard about Marchand and was confusing the two since Marchment retired a while back. Too busy at work to know all the players in the league. This guy's pretty bad though. Yeah, there are a lot of youtube videos about this guy. Seems to be a good player otherwise for such a low life. Too bad. Show some class punk, if not NHL should just ban this clown from the league.

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
It was nothing. Too much overreacting.

Maybe so. Hey I remember the days when Nystrom used to headbutt in a fight or throw a sneaky roundhouse punch when he knew the refs weren't looking- it was more hilarious than anything but not trying to end players careers. So I don't mind a rough hard fought game, but this guy doesn't seem to have any respect for other player's careers.

Last edited:

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Would be a pretty soft suspension.

Sure, he tracked Tavares in retaliation to getting "tripped", but he caught him with a shove up high- not a shoulder to the head. 5 minutes was more than enough.

isles31

Poster Excellont
Feb 19, 2007
LI

I want to preface this with the fact that I too have a laundry list of concussions from elbows and shoulders to the head. I also don't think this warrants more than the 5 min major. However, the part that you think a shot to the jaw is NOT a head shot is comical.

So, to break this down very simply...a player with his head down staring at the puck catches a shoulder flush to the jaw...That to you is not a headshot? You cannot say "well its a shoulder so its different". The difference is that you can launch your hands into someone's face while staring right at the target, making it much more intentional and worse.

Also, do most guys get dropped/knocked out (in any sort of fight) from punches to the skull, or is it punches to jaw?

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
It was definitely a penalty, probably worth 5 and would've understood if they mistakenly called it a misconduct.
But that's nowhere near suspension anything. That's just people (understandably) hating Marchand.

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Backes angled his head down and pushed forward. That’s a headbutt.
So, by this logic, if you gently caress someone's cheek (with consent), I guess that qualifies as a slap? Ya know... Put hand to the side of someone's face... Then gently & slowly brush your hand on the cheek = a "slap"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad