Does Marchand get suspended for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
It was honestly a 2 minute penalty, even a 5 minute major was ridiculous let alone the folk coming in with their cardboard signs marching around looking for a suspension. The hit wasn't bad. Relax.

Agreed

Not even a Boston fan, as soon as i seen i was like wtf that’s a five min pen? Maybe a 2 min pen, if you really hated Brad you could say 5 mins. Suspension talk is silly

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
What? Im a Canucks fan and im saying its no fine/suspension worthy. I think the hate towards him is clouding some peoples POV here imo
For argument’s sake, let’s say it was an intentional elbow to the head (Marchand or not). Still fine with it? You shouldn’t be.

The only thing arguable is the intent, and if it was done on purpose, then people shouldn’t be defending it.

My comment had nothing to do with suspension.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
For argument’s sake, let’s say it was an intentional elbow to the head (Marchand or not). Still fine with it? You shouldn’t be.

The only thing arguable is the intent, and if it was done on purpose, then people shouldn’t be defending it.

For arguments sake if Marchand elbowed someone in the head he would be suspended. And no one would be fine with it.....

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

so, for a real world example...you're saying slapping someone in the face and shooting someone should have the same punishment

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Yeah, that should be suspended. Tkachuk got 2 games last year for elbowing Doughty in the head and not really hurting him. This is far more vicious than that. Regardless of who it is, the video makes it seem as though Marchand is trying to make sure he gets a piece of the head, so I think it's an easy decision for the DoPS.

wildandwoolly

Scrappy Salad
Jul 3, 2012
Catskills
League is just sending a message that it's ok to do this. Marchand was too small to do any real damage. Because of his history, and that this isn't cool he should sit at least 2 games. At least. Without any enforcers now, league should be stepping up to prevent these blindside/late/head/interference hits - but nope, guess not.

MB11

Nov 10, 2017
Match for intent to injure and suspend for 5. No one pays to see him play. They do pay to see Taveras play.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Yeah, that should be suspended. Tkachuk got 2 games last year for elbowing Doughty in the head and not really hurting him. This is far more vicious than that. Regardless of who it is, the video makes it seem as though Marchand is trying to make sure he gets a piece of the head, so I think it's an easy decision for the DoPS.

Hit to the chest is more vicious than elbow to the head = does. not. compute.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Match for intent to injure and suspend for 5. No one pays to see him play. They do pay to see Taveras play.

Marchand... TOI: ES 15:30, SH 2:05, PP 3:13... Current pace: 101 points (1.23 ppg <- third in the whole league)... Plus/minus: +10... Last season: 39 g + 46a = 85 points, in 80 games and +18.

Tavares... TOI: ES 14:59, SH 1:52, PP 3:29... Current pace: 94 points (1.15 ppg <- 11th in the league)... Plus/minus: +2... Last season: 28g + 38 a = 66 points, in 77 games and +4.

I think your statement can be considered DEBUNKED.

Last edited:

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
I pay to see him play, he is one of the most entertaining players in the league. I'd rather watch him than almost anyone. Speed, scoring, defense, and he drives other people crazy. He's awesome to watch, top 20 in the league for entertainment.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Hit to the chest is more vicious than elbow to the head = does. not. compute.

It's irrelevant whether a hit to the chest is more vicious than an elbow to the head, because neither was a hit to the chest. Marchand specifically launches his arms out to target the head, and Tkachuk does the same. Marchand's is more vicious because of the speed he's going at and the much greater impact if he would have connected.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
It's irrelevant whether a hit to the chest is more vicious than an elbow to the head, because neither was a hit to the chest. Marchand specifically launches his arms out to target the head, and Tkachuk does the same. Marchand's is more vicious because of the speed he's going at and the much greater impact if he would have connected.

You're wrongs. DOPS disagrees.

Reactions: BruinLVGA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad