Speculation: Does Lucic want out of Edmonton?

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
Is this coming from a leafs fan? Who have actually won a less recent playoff series then Edmonton? I mean I’m all on that Edmonton is a tire fire, but talk about throwing stones from a glass house

I think Edmonton wants out of Lucic more the Lucic wants out of Edmonton

Leafs and Oilers were in the same position at one point but the Leafs managed to claw their way out of that mess. It's been a few years now and edmonton hasn't progressed. The media is too soft on edmonton. They are a colossal failure and its probably the worst organization in pro sports. All those high picks and what do they have to show for it? However with Mcdavid comes hope so there is always the possibility they manage to put a proper team around him.

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
There is but that's more for trade proposals.

Spoiler Alert : Oilers want to get rid of him but dont want to include anything worthy for another team to even consider.

This thread is more about Lucic and Edmonton . What happened to the marriage ? Has a player openly talked abou other teams while being under contract ??
Ah fair enough.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Is this coming from a leafs fan? Who have actually won a less recent playoff series then Edmonton? I mean I’m all on that Edmonton is a tire fire, but talk about throwing stones from a glass house

I think Edmonton wants out of Lucic more the Lucic wants out of Edmonton

Sorry the Leafs do have hope., at least they are making playoffs. Tell me if you really think the Oilers have hope to make the playoffs. And while the Leafs and teams have cap issues, the out of play off Oilers have cap issues too surprisedly. Edmonton is one of least desirable places for players to play for according to surveys and the teams on "Don't trade me too" clauses in their contracts. Yes because of the worse travel schedule in the league and maybe the weather. So I think I'm being quite factual when thinking Oiler players are about the most frustrated group in the NHL.

Regarding you final Lucic comment, you're right. Just wonder if Lucic has no more to give at this stage.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
If he wants out the only way he’s getting there is unconditional waivers. And I don’t think he’d be making the same amount of money someone else, even if someone else signed him.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He can want out of Edmonton all he wants, but no other GM or team wants him out of Edmonton.

Unless Chiarelli gets hired somewhere else or Milbury makes his triumphant return to GM'ing.

Reactions: DaveG

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
I think both the player and the organization/fans would like a split. Unfortunately, with another expansion draft on the horizon I don't see how they're able to move his full NMC contract out of town unless they're willing to significantly sweeten the pot. Unless the team is willing to pay another team to take him I don't see Lucic being traded until after the expansion draft.
He might waive for the edraft. You think Seattle takes him?
And if they do, it may be the price to pay for getting out of Edmonton.
And how close to Vancouver it is.

HolyGhost

May 6, 2016
Buffalo
Lucic stated a while ago he'd never play for Vancouver, I believe it was after some idiots vandalized his church. Even if he changed his mind, I hope Vancouver doesn't sign him. No need for him.

His father dying changed his perspective

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
He might waive for the edraft. You think Seattle takes him?
And if they do, it may be the price to pay for getting out of Edmonton.
And how close to Vancouver it is.

Who knows. At this point I can't see why any team would take him given how far he's regressed. Seriously, Lucic has one of the worst contracts in the NHL when looking at the actual return on investment the team gets back from the player. The only way I can see Seattle taking him is if EDM gives them something for taking him... like a pick or prospect.

Either way, it's going to take EDM parting with a valuable asset for any team to take Lucic off their hands. I don't think EDM fans truly realize just how bad that contract is given the lack of impact the play has now.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Who knows. At this point I can't see why any team would take him given how far he's regressed. Seriously, Lucic has one of the worst contracts in the NHL when looking at the actual return on investment the team gets back from the player. The only way I can see Seattle taking him is if EDM gives them something for taking him... like a pick or prospect.

Either way, it's going to take EDM parting with a valuable asset for any team to take Lucic off their hands. I don't think EDM fans truly realize just how bad that contract is given the lack of impact the play has now.
The only thing I'll say is, I've yet to see the contract that couldn't be moved.

Otherwise, yep.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad