Speculation: Does Lucic want out of Edmonton?

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
For all the toughness Oiler fans proclaim that Lucic would bring to their team,

Lucic had 2 fights last year in 79 games, in a season where him getting into fights and bringing a jolt of emotion and energy to the team would have been extremely welcomed

I love to say this but he hasn't been the same since Prout knocked him out.

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
** Please No Trade Proposals**

This thread is more about discussing Lucic's situation in Edmonton. From an interview he did yesterday, it 100% sounds like he wants out of Edmonton.

Lucic was asked if he still dreams about playing for the Canucks

Summary of his response :

- "that's definitely something I wouldn't rule out "

- It has always been a dream of mine

- All the stuff that happened with me and Vancouver in 2011 is all water under the bridge

- it hasn't gone well for me in Edmonton

- he then goes into full detail about the Canucks team..calling them a very exciting team and complimenting Benning and Coach Green

Seems verry weird and unusual for a player under contract to be discussing his passion and dream of wanting to play for another team and then detailing that team.

It's almost like reverse Tampering.

Does Lucic want out of Edmonton that badly?

Milan Lucic speculates on one day playing for Vancouver Canucks: "That's definitely something I wouldn't rule out."

I'm sure Vancouver would love to have him as long as Edmonton retained at least 90% of his salary. Isn't Lucic going to be like 40 the next time he's a UFA?

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
A couple of years ago didn’t Lucic get into some kind of bar altercation in Vancouver and afterwards say he never wanted to spend time in Vancouver?

The Oilers can change your mind real quick.

Though Lucic should just be happy he’s cashing huge checks for being a terrible player(relatively speaking obviously).

Reactions: CrypTic

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
** Please No Trade Proposals**

This thread is more about discussing Lucic's situation in Edmonton. From an interview he did yesterday, it 100% sounds like he wants out of Edmonton.

Lucic was asked if he still dreams about playing for the Canucks

Summary of his response :

- "that's definitely something I wouldn't rule out "

- It has always been a dream of mine

- All the stuff that happened with me and Vancouver in 2011 is all water under the bridge

- it hasn't gone well for me in Edmonton

- he then goes into full detail about the Canucks team..calling them a very exciting team and complimenting Benning and Coach Green

Seems verry weird and unusual for a player under contract to be discussing his passion and dream of wanting to play for another team and then detailing that team.

It's almost like reverse Tampering.

Does Lucic want out of Edmonton that badly?

Milan Lucic speculates on one day playing for Vancouver Canucks: "That's definitely something I wouldn't rule out."

This is like saying please no cameras when there's no one around to take a picture.

Reactions: Officer1473

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Can the Oil really afford to have him negatively effect the depth of the team and go 2 more yrs of no success for McDavid without having McDavid saying enough is enough

Lucic's contract is only part of the problem. There are ways to solve the cap issues without necessarily HAVING to purge Lucic, although that would be the best way. We're about to be paying a d-man 4+ million to play on our bottom pair, we could probably find a taker there to save a couple of million. We're losing 4 million+ in players that didn't do anything for us and can be replaced internally, so that helps give us a tiny bit of wiggle room. The cap is likely going up a bit, and we only have Khaira and Pulujarvi as RFA's looking for a raise, and neither will get much of a bump. There is a bit of relief coming this summer. Not enough to fix all of the issues, but enough to add a key piece (or two, if we're lucky) to help the depth a bit. Plus, we have a couple of AHL'ers who will be competing for NHL time next year, and judging by the way they are playing in the AHL playoffs, they may be there sooner than later to help with the depth.

I mean, Lucic isn't worth his contract, but he can still play on our bottom pair if we need him to. It just isn't economical to do it.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Lucic's contract is only part of the problem. There are ways to solve the cap issues without necessarily HAVING to purge Lucic, although that would be the best way. We're about to be paying a d-man 4+ million to play on our bottom pair, we could probably find a taker there to save a couple of million. We're losing 4 million+ in players that didn't do anything for us and can be replaced internally, so that helps give us a tiny bit of wiggle room. The cap is likely going up a bit, and we only have Khaira and Pulujarvi as RFA's looking for a raise, and neither will get much of a bump. There is a bit of relief coming this summer. Not enough to fix all of the issues, but enough to add a key piece (or two, if we're lucky) to help the depth a bit. Plus, we have a couple of AHL'ers who will be competing for NHL time next year, and judging by the way they are playing in the AHL playoffs, they may be there sooner than later to help with the depth.

I mean, Lucic isn't worth his contract, but he can still play on our bottom pair if we need him to. It just isn't economical to do it.

You dont want someone who doesnt want to be there. He will spread a negative atmosphere

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
It worries me a bit that's he still close with some of the Kings players; like going to Disneyland, vacations, etc. Don't ever want him back.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
You dont want someone who doesnt want to be there. He will spread a negative atmosphere

That depends on the personality of the person, and if he is open about it or if he keeps it to himself. This interview suggests that Looch may be the former, but as far as anyone here knows (assuming that nobody has access to the Oilers locker room on a regular basis), he might be a good presence in the locker room anyway. It wouldn't be the first time that someone was unhappy at work and was still a good employee.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
I imagine virtually every Oiler wants out of Edmonton. There doesn't seem to much hope in Oiler land.

Is this coming from a leafs fan? Who have actually won a less recent playoff series then Edmonton? I mean I’m all on that Edmonton is a tire fire, but talk about throwing stones from a glass house

I think Edmonton wants out of Lucic more the Lucic wants out of Edmonton

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
I haven’t read any responses or even the original question.

Everyone is secretly wanting out of Edmonton. Until that team is either not owned by Katz, or hires someone with enough clout to remove the entire front office and ban Katz from interacting with the team, how can anyone want to stay there?

It’s not the city or the venue or the players or the fans that are the problem.
It’s a highly respected organization, a team with rich history and lore, but it’s been run by Katz and all of his cronies straight into the ground.

Edmonton city council should pass a law that while Connor is there, the team is owned and operated by the city. Otherwise he’s going to spoil the career of the best player, piss him off to a point where he wants out, and everyone is the loser ultimately.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad