Does Laine have one of the best shots?

Samcanadian

Dec 13, 2011
I think he's a much better stylistic match for Ehlers than Wheeler. Ehlers opens up a ton of room and has great vision.

It's still hard to grasp that Laine is only 18 and still on a very sharp upward development trajectory. He is going to get a lot better than he is now in all facets of his game.

That's what's exciting to me, and is the shocking reality check that us Jets fans haven't really seen a "true" talent play on this team for their time here in Winnipeg. This kid is 18 years old and already has the best scoring touch and one of the better puck-smarts minds on the team. He's got rookie drawbacks like all rookies, of course...but he's a threat to score every single time he's on the ice. We've NEVER had that before.

Drift

Jan 9, 2012
That's what's exciting to me, and is the shocking reality check that us Jets fans haven't really seen a "true" talent play on this team for their time here in Winnipeg. This kid is 18 years old and already has the best scoring touch and one of the better puck-smarts minds on the team. He's got rookie drawbacks like all rookies, of course...but he's a threat to score every single time he's on the ice. We've NEVER had that before.

Selanne? :sarcasm:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
:laugh:

Neal, Seguin, Malkin, Skinner, Benn, Perry, Voracek

Maybe Seguin but that's it. The others don't have a wrist shot and slap shot as effective as Hoffman. He literally is a ~30 goal guy because of his shot(and speed tbh) alone. The other guys have a lot of different attributes that add to their goal-scoring. I unno why Skinner on that list or even Malkin, lol.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
He likes to carry the puck and find space like most good goal scorers (at least as important as the release). But yeah what impresses me most is his hard work. He's not going to be your typical floating finesse player, he seems like he's going to be a workhorse type.

He's a Finn. It's embedded to Finnish hockey players DNA. Sometimes they are responsible to a fault.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Don't want to catch any heat here but in the back to back games we(caps) played the Jets I barely noticed him. Every time he tried to get a shot off he struggled to get it off fast enough to get it through. The kids out of this world and highlights of his shot look fantastic but watching two full games of him I wasn't blown away as I expected to be. That said he's got a fantastic future and I look forward to him carrying the Ovi torch one day as he gets older and adapts to the NHL more. :handclap:

Plural

Mar 10, 2011

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the Jets 2.0

The original Winnipeg Jets saw Bobby Hull, Dale Hawerchuk, Teemu Selanne, etc. to play for them. Those are some pretty serious talents.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Don't want to catch any heat here but in the back to back games we(caps) played the Jets I barely noticed him. Every time he tried to get a shot off he struggled to get it off fast enough to get it through. The kids out of this world and highlights of his shot look fantastic but watching two full games of him I wasn't blown away as I expected to be. That said he's got a fantastic future and I look forward to him carrying the Ovi torch one day as he gets older and adapts to the NHL more. :handclap:

He definitely had his worst games of his NHL career against Washington.
He got his game going again when they iced Laine-Scheifele-Ehlers line.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
He definitely had his worst games of his NHL career against Washington.
He got his game going again when they iced Laine-Scheifele-Ehlers line.

That's what I heard, he had a couple really rough games. Could have just been great coverage on him. I see the talent without a doubt and definitely not shooting dude down. He's freaking awesome, you guys are so lucky. If he turns out to be anything like Ovi you've got one hell of a ride coming. :) Nice to see all this talent returning to the Canadian market as well. That makes me happy. :)

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Laine is just pure magic scoring goals. So slick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad