Does Jerry D'Amigo finally "break out" next season?

crazyaces**

Fyi D'Amigo leading AHL playoffs with 3 goals 9 points in 5 games.

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
I'm very surprised to learn he weighs 213. I thought he was more around 200 or 205.

Good on him - I like him even more!

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
I'm very surprised to learn he weighs 213. I thought he was more around 200 or 205.

Good on him - I like him even more!

He's tried a few different body-types it seems. He was undersized when drafted, then he was a 215ish mountain of muscle, then he trimmed down closer to the 200lb mark. Not sure where he is really at now.

TankNationTillDeath

Pylon4Sale
Jan 10, 2014
Toronto
This reads like you've never seen the kid play.

I've seen him play a fair bit. Watching him on the Marlies is completely irrelevant, I don't care that he does look like a man among boys certain games, but the few games he has been brought to the Leafs he played with heart but his stay was ended with him laying on the ice shift after shift. Bowen was calling him a warrior, which he was, during a very random callup Saturday night regular season hockey. The jump was big for him. And, likely too big. Weight is very overrated and does not correlate with strength and stature. I completely hope he proves me wrong, but, he is competing with Ashton, who is obviously head and shoulders, literally and figuratively, above D'amigo in the NHL ready category.

Durrrrrr

Jun 23, 2011
If by break out, you mean takes a regular shift on the 3rd or 4th line next year? than yes

Cap'n Flavour

Mar 8, 2004
Flavour Country
I doubt he'll get regular 3rd line minutes, but I can't see why he wouldn't get a regular 4th line spot. I'd certainly prefer to see him there over McLaren/Orr.

Sonofamitch

Aug 2, 2013
Vaughan,ON
Hopefully he gets third line minutes with Holland. He's great defensively and I can see him replacing Kulemin this year.

I'm very very high on Jerry. He's a great leader and great character guy.

Rizzy13

Jan 26, 2009
I hope Leivo is in the lineup.

And I really think Ashton is ready to break out. Hopefully it happens.

Igy

Mar 3, 2011
Solid 3rd liner with potential 2nd line upside. I like the way he plays and definitely can see him doing well next season if he is given a chance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad