Does Hextall & co have a plan

Does this Front Office have a plan?

• Total voters

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
McCann has 0 goals and 3 points in 12 playoff games. He's still young enough to change that but some players are just better in the Regular Season.

That's why I don't understand that anyone is self reflecting this.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
McCann has 0 goals and 3 points in 12 playoff games. He's still young enough to change that but some players are just better in the Regular Season.

You can see it in his game. He needs open ice to succeed, and space closes in the playoffs.
Similar concern about Kappy though TBH.

Also he showed up fat to the bubble. F**k that.

Reactions: Night Shift

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016

Then we should donate Jake and Sid too if we care about playoff numbers. Why did we bring back Jarry if we care so much about playoff stats? Why did we sign Heinen, who has 3 goals in 33 playoff games or Simon, who has 0 goals in 12 playoff games?

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Then we should donate Jake and Sid too if we care about playoff numbers. Why did we bring back Jarry if we care so much about playoff stats???

Alright. Tell them they've been X'd...(Pens X'd) and you're taking their place. Get us 1 for the thumb!

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Alright. Tell them they've been X'd...(Pens X'd) and you're taking their place. Get us 1 for the thumb!
It’s just funny that we attack players after they leave for poor playoff stats but overlook playoff struggles for current players. If you are going to knock McCann for playoff struggles, Sid and Jake need to be crucified.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
McCann's performance was entirely predictable. Including by me who said that he would put up 60 points on a bad team (I have a record-keeper/biographer here that can look, maybe it was 50-60 but the point still stands) and it wouldn't affect my evaluation of him one iota.

Someone has to score on bad teams.

Also, last I checked our PK has been our best unit the entire year and uh, Teddy is pretty dang important in that.

To say nothing of the fact that they are equally as productive at even-strength and we all know Teddy's deployment/usage isn't geared towards offense.
But he would out up 60 points if he was still on the Pens the way he was trending.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
It’s just funny that we attack players after they leave for poor playoff stats but overlook playoff struggles for current players. If you are going to knock McCann for playoff struggles, Sid and Jake need to be crucified.

Crosby is 7th all time in playoff points

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
But he would out up 60 points if he was still on the Pens the way he was trending.

Maybe? But would he have been a value-add player - not sure. He was a boon to the PP for a period of time last year but that may or may not be sustainable.

He probably splits Malkin-Zucker which is good but who knows if he would have performed in the playoffs.

I guess what we don't know is whether Seattle would have actually taken Teddy. From the little I have seen they find Tanev's crash-bang style to be extremely marketable...almost like they woulda taken him from us no matter what as long as he was available.

In the end we already have enough Top-6 pieces we feel okay...ish...maybe about. McCann would have just been another name to add on that pile.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
If/when Seattle makes the playoffs watch him not score. But By the time they make it McCann will probably be in his 30s

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Is that clown PensX still here or did the mods finally come to their senses?

Building a hockey team is like investing in the stock market. If you are losing money and you panic and sell or make changes, you may not be better off. If you are willing to weather a couple of storms of lows, you could see highs.

That becomes problematic for a website like this because, in general:

Lose a game - THERE IS NO PLAN! PANIC!
Win a couple games - THERE IS AS PLAN! PLAN THE PARADE

So the vast number of posters here, is there a plan? Maybe. Check the results of the last game. There's your answer.

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
Plan: remain competitive while not wasting picks/prospects. They are doing that. Aka remain mediocre for like 3 more years.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
In Hextall we trust
Oh-you-Zoolander.gif

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
The Rebuild That Never Was

I think Hextall and Burke are caught in a purgatory of sorts - the team can still win and be competitive, but they aren't good enough to win the whole thing, but they don't want to give up picks and prospects to do it.

I think the big thing for the team now is they need a Hornqvist-like trade. They need one guy who can stir the lineup and bring something different...someone who brings jam and energy. If they could find a lightning rod type player, I think this team changes. Zucker, Kapanen, and to a lesser extent Jake are all too similar.

Last edited:

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida

I think Hextall and Burke are caught in a purgatory of sorts - the team can still win and be competitive, but they aren't good enough to win the whole thing, but they don't want to give up picks and prospects to do it.

I think the big thing for the team now is they need a Hornqvist-like trade. They need one guy who can stir the lineup and bring something different...someone who brings jam and energy. If they could find a lightning rod type player, I think this team changes. Zucker, Kapanen, and to a lesser extent Jake are all too similar.

How about Vlad Namestnikov? Having so far a decent season. 7g 4a for Detroit.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016

It sounds like Hextall is falling into the same traps as he did when he was a clown GM in Philly.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
I can't see one, I'm interested in hearing what you think...........really, I am!
Hextall will likely keep his early picks especially 1st ,2nd rounds unlike former GM"s in Pittsburgh. Its unlikely he'll make high risk trades to win now he'll focus on long term winning . If Letang's salary demands are what he considers high he likely will trade him before the trade deadline and its the same with Rust , Malkin also but needing consent to make a trade involving him .
If these things happen along with new ownership during the off season It wouldn't be surprising if Crosby was traded to a team of his choosing .

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad