Does Hextall & co have a plan

Does this Front Office have a plan?

• Total voters

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Hextall will likely keep his early picks especially 1st ,2nd rounds unlike former GM"s in Pittsburgh. Its unlikely he'll make high risk trades to win now he'll focus on long term winning . If Letang's salary demands are what he considers high he likely will trade him before the trade deadline and its the same with Rust , Malkin also but needing consent to make a trade involving him .
If these things happen along with new ownership during the off season It wouldn't be surprising if Crosby was traded to a team of his choosing .
I think the new ownership will determine the fate of Geno and Sid, not some bargain bin GM.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
I think the new ownership will determine the fate of Geno and Sid, not some bargain bin GM.
It's highly doubtful new ownership replace Burke , Hextall meaning they will likely decide who plays for the Pittsburgh Penguins .

Last edited:

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
It's highly doubtful new ownership replace Burke , Hextall meaning they will likely decide who plays for the Pittsburgh Penguins .
Those two clowns will have no say on the future of our big 3. They will be told to keep them or not.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Those two clowns will have no say on the future of our big 3. They will be told to keep them or not.

The 3rd element you are forgetting is what the big 3 want to do. I'm sure once this sale is done, at some point they will meet and talk.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Malkin , Letang currently haven't been signed to an extension and there's no evidence saying they will be resigned .
Your just hoping they will be .

Last edited:

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
We have probably the 10th-14th best present and bottom of the barrel future in the league.

Not an enviable position to be in.

I suppose since our prospect pool is so terrible anyway, you can tear it down even more if someone will give you anything worthwhile for it. Aside from a couple goalies there is nothing there.

1 semi-related thought is I wonder if Sully could really raise the floor on a rebuilding team. Winning culture and all that.
I'd honestly be intrigued by a Sully-coached rebuilding team. He did well in the AHL afterall.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Malkin , Letang currently haven't been signed to an extension and there's no evidence saying they will be resigned .
Your just hoping they will be .
Malkin is my favorite player but I don’t think I want him to re-sign here considering his injury woes and age. You keep him for sentimental reasons, not to compete.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Malkin is my favorite player but I don’t think I want him to re-sign here considering his injury woes and age. You keep him for sentimental reasons, not to compete.

Even for you, Zhenya is Favorite player

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I think the plan is to trade all of our bad players for other teams good players. It’s pretty simple
Pens should do that with the Avs/Oilers and make a super team.

After that trade for Vasi and be OP, not even the all mighty creator (if he exists) can fix this bug/glitch.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
Burke , Hextall Won't even try keeping Malkin for sentmental reasons if they beleive he can't help the team compete then this likely will be his last season in Pittsburgh.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Burke , Hextall Won't even try keeping Malkin for sentmental reasons if they beleive he can't help the team compete then this likely will be his last season in Pittsburgh.

That is not what is being said. New ownership, old ownership, and management all allegedly feel signing Malkin and Letang is what is best for the team. I think the only way the band breaks up is if one of them want to leave, and nothing suggests any of them want to.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad