Speculation: Does Getzlaf get traded this year?

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
I don't recall any interest from us fans in Nashville. And heck, we're worse than the Ducks, so what would be the point? :(

Maybe he's looking to kickstart his post retirement country singing career by hitting up the open mike night bars on his off nights?

"Tonight only ... The Bald Bard..."

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
The only way i see Getzlaf leaving is via free agency if the Ducks feel he isn’t worth another contract and he still wants to play hockey.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I think because of the shortened season he could potentially leave to a contender.... but if I had to put it at a percentage I’d say 5% chance

raswilliam

Feb 18, 2008
East TN.
Not much for words?

Getzbald still a good player, but is he worth a 1st and a prospect at this stage in his career? I suggest his recent stats say he isnt.

upload_2021-2-9_11-18-47.png

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Getzbald still a good player, but is he worth a 1st and a prospect at this stage in his career? I suggest his recent stats say he isnt.

View attachment 394454

Tbf he is playing with some awful talent around him.

Probably not worth that, but definitely a bit better than what his stats suggest.

Also the system Anaheim deploys isn't helping either.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Nobody on the Ducks is scoring, but Getzlaf can step in as a second line center on a contending team with better wingers and make an impact.

Which contenders would he be a top 2 C?

The top six teams by pts% would all have him 3rd C.

I don't think he gets back as much as Pageau did. Anaheim would have to retain, and at that point, you might get a 1st. Really hard to know what the market will look like this year.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

I don't think he gets back as much as Pageau did. Anaheim would have to retain, and at that point, you might get a 1st. Really hard to know what the market will look like this year.
You make it sound like getzlaf as your 3rd c on a cup run is a bad thing(can also play wing on teams that need wings)

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California

The point is he has the capability of stepping into the role. He is a good 2nd line center at this point in his career. If no contending team needs that role filled then a trade won’t be made.

I also don’t see the point in retaining on trade deadline deals. His cap hit wouldn’t be huge by then as a UFA rental.

Having said all that, he is very unlikely to approach Ducks management asking for a trade. Thus, we are having a pointless discussion to pass the time.

Reactions: dracom

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
lol at people thinking a player like Getzlaf with his playoff pedigree would not get at least a late 1st from a playoff team. some of you people really think you can get any player for a 2nd a c prospect.
I agree. Not only does he have the leadership and playoff pedigree, he is still a legit top 6 center that can do it all. Should be worth at least a 1st plus a decent prospect

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Probably never. He doesn't need to win a cup, he's got an accomplished career already. He even has a valuable presence on the Ducks where he'll mentor the future after he retires. I'd stay there as long as possible if I were him.

But I think they should trade Gibson. To Colorado because if the Avs get him, they're a bonified contender. Plus I don't think Gibson should let his talent go to waste on a team that's not going anywhere for a while.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Do we need a new version of this thread every week? The search function still exists last I checked.

Getzlaf has a NMC and has stated that he has zero desire to leave Anaheim to chase another Cup.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I can only see him moving ala Marleau. When his current contract ends and he plays a season or two on one year deals.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee

View attachment 394454

Just to be clear I'm not saying the Ducks should trade him, or that they should expect to get a return like that...
Having said that I think he is worth quite a bit to a team going all in. You show those stats as an argument that he is somehow not worth that return. He has done that on historically bad offensive teams with one of the worst PPs in the league every year.
He is still a 50-60 point guy on the shit Ducks. He forsure could do that on a good team. Not to mention his playoff experience and the fact that he is a monster in the playoffs.

Anyways, it doesn't matter because he has a full NMC and probably has no desire to leave California and his 4 kids behind.

Reactions: WillyNy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad