Speculation: Does Getzlaf get traded this year?

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
I seen a few rumours in the off season speculating that he might go to Nashville. Would he be willing to leave Cali for contender?
not sure where you saw these rumors, but that goes against everything our beat reporters have mentioned, our GM has mentioned, and what Getzlaf has mentioned.

so short answer is, no he's not getting traded.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Unlikely. It’s all in his control if he wants to chase another cup. The indication has been he wants to have a one-team career and he and his family want to stay in Anaheim until he retires.

Reactions: banks

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
He strikes me as a guy willing to use his NMC to stay where he is.

Ya he’s already got a cup, he seems to like where he is- unless he’s really eager for more playoff hockey I doubt he goes anywhere. Pandemic, cali can be a nice place to ease into retirement, he’s got a great legacy in Anaheim- I can’t really see him uprooting this late in his career.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
Rumors by who? Nashville fans wanting him for a couple of months?

He's long said that he wants to retire as a Duck having only played for one team for his career. GMBM has said he isn't going to ask him if he wants to chase another Cup, Getz has to come to him. He has his name on The Cup already. He married a southern Calif. woman & has put down family roots there. Etc, etc, etc.

Speculation is fine I guess, but realize that there's probably less than 1% chance of it ever happening. (besides, Montreal would probably be a better bet if it were to happen so as to chase another Cup with his pal Perry (& Weber & Price from the Canadian medal teams))

DakrSnooze

Aug 27, 2011
Whitehorse
Assuming he did want a shot at another cup, what kind of return would the Ducks be looking for? I would imagine his $8,250,000 caphit would make him difficult to move.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Unless there are concrete rumours (from credible sources) or something actually happens, my assumption is that he's retiring in Anaheim and wont cup chase.

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
Unless some team offers a crazy offer, I don't see it. The guy has been a loyal Duck his whole career and he wants to stay a Duck. I see the Ducks obliging that request.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Unless some team offers a crazy offer, I don't see it. The guy has been a loyal Duck his whole career and he wants to stay a Duck. I see the Ducks obliging that request.

With a full NMC till his contract expires that’s not even their decision until he’s a UFA. I can’t see Anaheim not offering him a retirement contract so in the long term you’re correct.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Rumors by who? Nashville fans wanting him for a couple of months?

He's long said that he wants to retire as a Duck having only played for one team for his career. GMBM has said he isn't going to ask him if he wants to chase another Cup, Getz has to come to him. He has his name on The Cup already. He married a southern Calif. woman & has put down family roots there. Etc, etc, etc.

Speculation is fine I guess, but realize that there's probably less than 1% chance of it ever happening. (besides, Montreal would probably be a better bet if it were to happen so as to chase another Cup with his pal Perry (& Weber & Price from the Canadian medal teams))
I don't recall any interest from us fans in Nashville. And heck, we're worse than the Ducks, so what would be the point? :(

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
It's easy to say "I can't see him moving from CA," but then again: Thornton, Marleau, Pavelski, Perry...

Thornton, Marleau and Pavelski are still chasing a Cup. Getzlaf already got his.

And Perry didn't really have a choice, with the Ducks buying him out.

Reactions: Kahvi

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
I have a feeling COVID will complicate rental deals, the fact they would have to quarantine should hypothetically move the deadline up by 2 weeks. In a shortened season 2 weeks could be as many as 8 games. Lots of teams will likely still be in it that wont be at the actual deadline. Could be interesting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->