Speculation: Does Engvall deserve to be on the Leafs?

Does Engvall deserve to be on the Leafs?

• Total voters

teddygmr

Jul 7, 2006
Not sure if he'd drop them, and I think that might be a concern of his (my speculation).
If he plays physical would opposition be dropping the gloves because he's a tall guy and therefore a justifiable target?
Needs some boxing lessons, Jim Dorey.
WOOHOO...major bonus points for the Jim Dorey reference and flashback!

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Lilly is much better at hockey than those two.

He is and so is Sandin but Sandin was a deer in the headlights last year and Lily might be this year. What they might be in a couple of years is what we need now if the Leafs want to make a serious run. Other than Muzzin none of our D none of our are strong and big enough to battle with big, strong forwards. Chara is also a prick and won't make life comfortable for any forward wanting to stand around our crease area.

In 6 weeks we should know whether Dubas agrees with you or me.

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
He is and so is Sandin but Sandin was a deer in the headlights last year and Lily might be this year. What they might be in a couple of years is what we need now if the Leafs want to make a serious run. Other than Muzzin none of our D none of our are strong and big enough to battle with big, strong forwards. Chara is also a prick and won't make life comfortable for any forward wanting to stand around our crease area.

In 6 weeks we should know whether Dubas agrees with you or me.
I'd be okay with Chara or Schenn as a depth guy/spot starter but not full-time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad