Does Edmonton Deserve McDavid/Eichel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EightyEightMPH

Jul 6, 2010
Washington, DC
If this has already been discussed, please point me in the right direction, but I was thinking about it today reading a couple of other threads.

Given what Edmonton has done with Eberle, Hall, Nugent-Hopkins and Yakupov, do you feel as though the team isn't deserving off a franchise changing player like McDavid or Eichel?

If not, what franchise deserves or would benefit from either of those players the most?

Bps21*

Under the current rules...yeah I guess they do.

Poor McDavid or Eichel don't deserve it though. All top picks go to bad teams...Edmonton is a bad franchise.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
no and if i were either of those two i would pull a lindros or eli manning and refuse to play for them

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
1)The worst team deserves the best player. If the Oilers didn't get Hall/RNH/Yak they would be even worse

2) Why is Eberle's name in there....we drafted him 22nd overall, should every one who picked between 5-22 (except ottawa getting Karlsson) not be allowed a first round pick because they screwed it up?

nwaZ*

I'd like to see Arizona, New Jersey or Columbus get one of these.

Oilers are too pathetic, Buffalo has a ton of prospects though admittedly none of McEichel-calibre... and Carolina? Don't know.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
[Clint Eastwood voice] Deserve's got nothin' to do with it..

I might be a little concerned of McDavid going to Edmonton if I were the NHL from a product standpoint. You don't want a highly marketable once-in-a-decade player going into a situation that might stunt or Pejorative Slur his development.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
No Fans deserve Eichel/McDavid more than Oilers Fans.

Agreed.

People always say "the Oilers" and lump everyone together. Don't blame "the Oilers" for what is going on in Edmonton, blame the three or four people responsible. That does not mean the fans deserve to suffer.

Edmonton is a couple firings and a couple of trades from being a different franchise.

Savagestevo

Nov 29, 2011
From a marketing standpoint the NHL might not want him in Edmonton, given how dysfunctional that franchise is, but as for Edmonton deserving him? Bad teams usually draft high and get good players, so yes they do.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
[Clint Eastwood voice] Deserve's got nothin' to do with it..

I might be a little concerned of McDavid going to Edmonton if I were the NHL from a product standpoint. You don't want a highly marketable once-in-a-decade player going into a situation that might stunt or Pejorative Slur his development.

I look at it the other way. He might be the Crosby they need. BC (before Crosby), think about how low the Pens were as a franchise.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Get that talent to the West Coast on a team that will never challenge anything. I'm all for it as a self-interested Lightning fan.

Islanderfan17

Aug 24, 2010
I don't think they do. It's one thing to get two in a row, it's another to get 4 in such a short time frame. I think the NHL needs to step in on the situation in Edmonton, them getting 1st overalls is honestly just enabling the backwards management there.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Would a US college kid like Eichel want to go to Edmonton? With McDavid it's Edmonton's choice whether he goes back to juniors or plays in the NHL, and they'd obviously want the latter, but Eichel would have some leverage as he could opt to stay in college for a few years. Not saying he would do so but the option is there.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
Oilers management doesn't deserve it but the fans sure as hell do. It will piss me of if we get one of them and Klowe and co. are still in charge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad