Post-Game Talk: Does DeBrincat get traded in favour of Kubalik?

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I joined this conversation late but if he was discussing the potential of Dach, why not go big? There's no need to be condescending towards the guy for being optimistic.

It’s just the third time this week he’s done the pattern I’ve described. It’s offensive to other posters when he speaks condescendingly to them during his walk backs.

This isn’t about Dach.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Take away the physicality of Lindros as a young NHLer and the comparison is not that unreasonable ... I.E. after EL tempered his game due to head injuries.

Lindros was defined by his goal scoring ability and his ability to physical dominate. This is not Dach and has never been him. It really is underselling EL’s talent. The guy was the complete package.

Spezza and Getzlaf play such a similar game to Dach.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I'm sorry for being unreasonably optimistic.

This have nothing to do with that and you are not a victim here. Being optimistic is great. Boqvist turning into EK65 is a good comp. It s really optimistic but it is also really logical. Dach to EL was not. That is all.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
This have nothing to do with that.
Nah it has everything to do with that.
All of my issues this week has been with me being unreasonably optimistic.

I doubled down this time more strategically and you guys still beat me up.

I'm with @BobbyJet though that you guys are selling Dach's potential short a bit.

I see him scoring more goals consistently than Getz or Spezza.

If you want to be conservative, we can go with Scheifele. But I'm excited and I'm not being conservative.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

I doubled down this time more strategically and you guys still beat me up. .

I'm with @BobbyJet though that you guys are selling Dach's potential short a bit.

You got beat up because Dach is NOTHING like Lindros. At least by me. You can’t comp Dach to Lindros and then say it was strategic. Notice how I didn’t really comment much about the other comps (Malkin a bit)?

You decided to dig in again for some reason.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
You got beat up because Dach is NOTHING like Lindros. At least by me.

You decided to dig in again for some reason.
He tossed around the probable Hart and Ross winner like a rag doll. That's what reminded me of Lindros. He looked like a man amongst boys. Then I started digging deeper and the comparison ends when you get to his shot.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

I doubled down this time more strategically and you guys still beat me up.

I see him scoring more goals consistently than Getz or Spezza.

If you want to be conservative, we can go with Scheifele. But I'm excited and I'm not being conservative.

And from flatout ignoring stats and putting wild expectations on the team and individuals that few ever hit.

Reactions: clydesdale line

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
One play and then you pick that comp? Come the f*** on. Why not pick the two or three shots he passed on with your comp?
No it wasn't just one play. He was doing it the entire game. He had 4 oilers on him on the boards at times and they still couldn't get the puck away from him. It was hilarious. He lost one or two board battles the entire game, and the rest he was just bullying everyone.

If it was just one play I'd have been more dismissive.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
No it wasn't one play. He was doing it the entire game. He had 4 oilers on him on the boards at times and they still couldn't get the puck away from him. It was hilarious.

He did not look like Lindros all game (another hot take ffs). I am done with take and argument as you are just refusing to be logical.

Dach has the potential to be great but he is not Eric Lindros or anything like him.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
He did not look like Lindros all game (another hot take ffs). I am done with take and argument as you are just refusing to be logical.
Idk what you were watching he looked at a completely different level physically from everyone else on the ice and it wasn't close, in the same game with 2/5 of the best players in the world as the opposition.

Reactions: tdfxman

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I saw Dach play great but you need to refresh your Lindros memories....
There were 3-4 times where he was on the boards with 3-4 Oilers on him and he just skated out of the pile with the puck like it was nothing.

I don't think it's worth arguing anymore either. Let's agree to disagree. I get being more conservative and I already told you I'm not even attempting to be. Totally wearing the indianhead beer goggles right now lol.

sandyfalkirk

Jun 18, 2014
Scotland
Page after page of Dach and Lindros which is laughable.....Start a Dach thread? Back on topic?

Can we keep Kubalik and Brinksy without losing Murphy or Strome for example? I'd like to ideally keep them all.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Page after page of Dach and Lindros which is laughable.....Start a Dach thread? Back on topic?

Can we keep Kubalik and Brinksy without losing Murphy or Strome for example? I'd like to ideally keep them all.

yes but it will take either bowman playing hardball or kubalik and strome to take a bridge deal at less aav to keep the team together

Reactions: sandyfalkirk

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Take away the physicality of Lindros as a young NHLer and the comparison is not that unreasonable ... I.E. after EL tempered his game due to head injuries.
I noticed that no one commented on the above. Lindros wasn't always a physical monster; only very early in his career. IMO, comparing Dach to the less physical version of Lindros is not unreasonable.

That said, how about Joe Thornton as a possibility?

Reactions: tdfxman

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Welcome to HF boards - Chi Hawks edition. We discuss everything everywhere.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I noticed that no one commented on the above. Lindros wasn't always a physical monster; only very early in his career. IMO, comparing Dach to the less physical version of Lindros is not unreasonable.

That said, how about Joe Thornton as a possibility?

Thornton is not bad. Is Dach as methodical?

Head-injury EL was just tying to survive. It was kind of sad to see.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Thornton is not bad. Is Dach as methodical?

Head-injury EL was just tying to survive. It was kind of sad to see.
If you think I'm actually doubling down on Lindros I'm not btw. That was always intentional hyperbole and me thinking out loud. I always knew it was a reach.

To be honest I don't know that Dach himself knows just how good he is yet. He gets more assertive with the puck and the sky is the limit.

Time to walk away from this.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad