Does anyone think the West has a chance this year?

onetweasy

"That's just like, your opinion, man"
Oct 16, 2005
Bowling Alley
I always like the teams that are in the habit of grinding out 3-2 wins and have faced some degree of adversity through the year.

High scoring teams that coast through the regular season always seem to fall flat on their face in Round 1. Tampa and the Flames showed this last year.

So I say a team from the West wins it!

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Why do people keep saying the West has an easier path to the finals? Just because the East has more teams in the top 10 doesn’t have anything to do with it being harder on the players bodies

let’s take the Avs for example, say they make the finals and had to go through Dallas, STL and Vegas. I’d feel pretty safe to say they’d that all three of those series would be just as physical of even more physical then what the final East team went through

Also look how close the west divisions are in points, there should be a lot of 6 or 7 game series

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
The Blues are the obvious maybe, but have looked very meh lately.
The Avs if they figure out how to play well consistently.
Everyone else is pretty blah.

The East on the other hand

Caps - awesome
Pens - getting healthy
Bruins - awesome
Lightning - figured it out
Sabres - Scary good
It's not like 8 western teams are going to play in the Finals. It takes only one good team. And by the same logic you are using, the grind in the East will be tremendous. Whoever beats out all thoese eastern powers might be gassed, decimated and stick-a-fork-in-them done come SCF.

Muikea Bulju

Oct 11, 2018
Sabres - Scary good
f6f1fe57.png

Reactions: Crow

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Of course the West has a chance. They're guaranteed to have a team in the finals. So the "West" probably has a better shot than any individual team, given they're guaranteed to make it that far.

Yes, that's a bit pedantic. But it's true. If you're guaranteed a shot at being one of the two teams in the finals, then you've got a chance.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
The Blues are the obvious maybe, but have looked very meh lately.
The Avs if they figure out how to play well consistently.
Everyone else is pretty blah.

The East on the other hand

Caps - awesome
Pens - getting healthy
Bruins - awesome
Lightning - figured it out
Sabres - Scary good

A team from the West is GUARANTEED to win more playoff games than every team on the above list, except one.

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
Also I find it amazing people are writing Vegas off. They've got one of the deepest forward depth in the league, a goalie who steps up in the playoffs and many players who step up in playoffs.

They also likely get to beat up on the Flames/Oilers/Canucks until the conference finals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad