Does anyone think the West has a chance this year?

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
I think a lot of people really underrate the West because of how much the East gets to beat up on terrible teams all year.

Edmonton has a 16-7-2 record vs Eastern teams and a 10-2-0 record against the almighty Metro.

Meanwhile Detroit has 0-17-1 record against the Metro.
Look at the east vs west head to head records on tsn. East is pretty clearly better.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
The Blues are the obvious maybe, but have looked very meh lately.
The Avs if they figure out how to play well consistently.
Everyone else is pretty blah.

The East on the other hand

Caps - awesome
Pens - getting healthy
Bruins - awesome
Lightning - figured it out
Sabres - Scary good

The West this year is very tight and it has cost me $25 LOL.

I don't think things could get this tight that nothing passes through it.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Look at the east vs west head to head records on tsn. East is pretty clearly better.

There are teams who have good records vs the other on either side. Pretty much like every year. But everyone said the same thing last year and the Blues won. It's all about the matchup.

Mathew Barzal

Walk It Like I Tocchet
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Whoever makes it out of the West will likely have had a much easier route to the finals than anybody in the East, and therefore I think any top team in the West has a legitimate chance as the Cup Finals usually ends up being a battle of attrition and luck as opposed to skill.

Reactions: Phu and Ray Mercer

jabelskey

JAX, FL - SHARKS WATCH ANYONE?!
Nov 27, 2018
Sure. Anything can happen and will happen in playoff hockey, so who knows?

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
If the West is really that bad then whoever makes it to the finals will have had an easy road getting there, whereas the eastern team will have been through a blood bath and won't have much gas left in the tank.

:teach2:

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Any team that makes the playoffs has a chance.

The best overall teams are in the East though, Penguins, Bolts, Bruins. Taresenko comes back 90% and I put them up there as well.
Colorado is legit too. Only team along with pens, bolts, bruins that is top 10 in gf/g and ga/g.

Reactions: 63 others

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
Any team that make it from the West can win it, we’re talking about 3 rounds in a league of parity. You have to be really good to make it past 3 rounds in 2020. I wouldn’t be surprised if the West wins the Cup this year.

Reactions: Phu and Palmetto

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
A few more elite teams in the East this year vs West, but anything can happen in the playoffs. I'd say it's 50/50 once both teams get to the final.

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
That eastern team that dominated last year went out with a whimper! And the rest fell too, what are guys even talking about? Who cares if your conference is better just worry about your team.

Reactions: Phu and rotiman187

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
Clearly the West stands zero chance, as the top 4 teams currently all reside in the East. It’s why all the #1 seeds won their first round matchups last year - you can battle on the ice all you want, math will always prevail. 1>4
Tampa was great last year playoffs?

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
Clearly the West stands zero chance, as the top 4 teams currently all reside in the East. It’s why all the #1 seeds won their first round matchups last year - you can battle on the ice all you want, math will always prevail. 1>4
What does 1# mean to a mathematician like you?

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018

Caps - awesome
Pens - getting healthy
Bruins - awesome
Sabres - Scary good
My prediction is that all those 'amazing' East teams will destroy each other in the first 3 rounds and the Western Conf Champ will clean up in the Finals.

Reactions: Sam Spade

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Whoever makes it out of the West will likely have had a much easier route to the finals than anybody in the East, and therefore I think any top team in the West has a legitimate chance as the Cup Finals usually ends up being a battle of attrition and luck as opposed to skill.

The West is much more of a grind then the East. Getting out of the West is what set the Blues to grind Boston out of the finals. Luck will get you out of the East.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017

Caps - awesome
Pens - getting healthy
Bruins - awesome
Sabres - Scary good

Wtf...:huh::laugh::lol:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad