Does anyone think the West has a chance this year?

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Sabres - Scary good

cgchahIGX4dwaZK6rL46QQHWHXfz0JYsfBDhLVi_NBhjY4_CvoLdDPtPSsvM9D9DCx4Nm5A

Last edited:

SecretOilersFan

Jul 2, 2015
Calgary
Why are we talking about the Sabres a team that is pretty likely not going to make the playoffs? Also the NHL has a lot of parity. Once you get to a SCF situation it's going to be up in the air.

Plus it's not like every team in the West has bad records against the East. Avs and Oilers have been playing pretty good against them. Regular season success doesn't always translate to playoff success. So yeah there is a chance though also yeah likely the winner will come out of the East.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
The Blues are the obvious maybe, but have looked very meh lately.
The Avs if they figure out how to play well consistently.
Everyone else is pretty blah.

The East on the other hand

Caps - awesome
Pens - getting healthy
Bruins - awesome
Lightning - figured it out
Sabres - Scary good
Obvious troll is obvious

SergeiSamsonovFan

Mar 21, 2018
Why are we talking about the Sabres a team that is pretty likely not going to make the playoffs? Also the NHL has a lot of parity. Once you get to a SCF situation it's going to be up in the air.

Plus it's not like every team in the West has bad records against the East. Avs and Oilers have been playing pretty good against them. Regular season success doesn't always translate to playoff success. So yeah there is a chance though also yeah likely the winner will come out of the East.

Pretty sure it was sarcastic, chief.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I dont think it's as simple as looking at which conference has the stronger teams.

The road to get to the finals could also play a factor, if teams are consistently pushed to the limit, or if they are battered physically.

We can't underestimate the endurance aspect of the road to the Stanley cup.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
I mean as long as one of the teams from the west can SOMEHOW make the Stanley Cup final, which I just have this feeling in my gut they can, I'd say there is a chance they can win...

The top 5 teams in the league are from the East, but in a Bo7 the impact of match ups is huge.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I think most teams would look pretty good if you took away 8 losses from their record.

Point is, most of those teams didn't lose 8 of their first 9 games. Since then they've turned it around completely and gone from 30th to 1st place record wise since that time. Not just 8 random losses

crazyforhockey

Jul 31, 2007
If the east has most of the playoff contenders, then logic dictates , the winner of the east will be a little bit banged up by the SC Finals

Reactions: johnnybbadd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->