OT: Does Anyone Listen to CHris Nilan on TSN Radio?

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
Tbh, when he first began on the radio I wasn't sure that he could pull it off.

Its damn hard to talk endlessly about the Habs and NHL for weeks and months on end and not come off as repetitive.

That being said, Nilan has won me over. He very good to great on some days.

I wish Nilan was one of MB advisors.

I'm sure he reads HF Board too :)

This. :yo:

He's gotten better. I admit the pauses etc are still an issue but he's the best and realest person that station has. I pretty much only listen to 690 at all because of him. At first I didn't think he was that great but he really has won me over.

Plus you can really tell he loves the Habs and enjoys talking about them. I agree the Habs should hire him in some role. :handclap:

I get where you're coming from but once you get used to the delivery, he easily has more insight on the team than anybody else on the station.

Exactly. The delivery could use some work but he's better than anyone else on 690/RDS and plenty of TSN people too imo.

Last edited:

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
He gives a good analysis and he understands what goes on behind the scenes a lot better than many of the analysts. It seems like he might have eaten a few too many punches (his speech is a bit strained from time to time) but I think he's a great guy, and he's a great role model too.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
He had fun today ripping into Therrien for benching Subban last night, but called out fans for wanting him fired; suggesting he has done good with the team thus far and his record is that of a winning, successful coach.

I thought it was fair. I can get by the "uhs" and "Ums" if he continues with shows like today.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
I find Nilan pretty boring as a host. Surprised someone said he has charisma.
I love his knowledge for the game though. I think he makes a great co-host. Just dont think he can carry a show. However, I am not a regular listener of his so my opinion is based on some shows I watch here and there.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
his not as fluent on the mic as any of the other guys, but mind you hes only had a regular show for what a year?

that being said hes great cause he doesn't mince words and his opinions are educated since he's had a pretty successful nhl career and played with some great players

hard to listen to at times cause he has trouble expressing him, but his points are always once that if atleast you dont agree with, you can agree hes not talking out of his ass like some others....

Early days Team 990 PJ Stock was really bad but he improved a lot and now a TV regular. Granted, still annoying.

fsdev905

Dec 22, 2006
Toronto
It's obvious those fists to his face have caused brain damage resulting in his speech being affected. I cannot bear listening to him (not what he says, but not how he says).

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
There are far too few people on TV or radio, commenting/opinions on hockey that actually are straight-shooters (no ulterior motives,money,politics etc.) with actual knowledge of which they speak. Nilan doesn't spew out the first thing that might sound intelligent, but takes time to consider the effect his comments can have, (positive/negative, deserved/or not deserved)upon the players/organizations, and then explains why/how his views have been formed. This explains why so many enjoy listening to his show, instead of so many others that leave me thinking that they love the sound of their voice, no matter what crap flows out. So refreshing is Chris Nilan's views, to listen to a player speaking his point of view and actually listening to others speaking theirs, for a change!:handclap:

habitue*

Technical question.

I am listening that radio station once in a while via Internet.

Is that radio station has problems with audio levels ? The sound levels are all over the place. Some ads are low. The hostS are loud, the callers are low. The guy reading the news every hour is super loud, the audio.clips are sometimes too low or too hot.... Their music is too low or too loud...

Can someone tell me if the levels sre more even when listening thru ar real radio .

Thanks.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I heard that Louis guy used to work at the old Forum.

Is that Louis from Ville-Mercier? Guy is on every talk show, sometimes catch him on Bonsoir les sportifs and everyone's friend, Rawwwwwwn.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
He worked at the Bell Centre too. And he's well liked by the radio guys because they used to work close to him. Everybody knew Louis. He's got his style. Just like Andre, who used to call often.

Andre makes sense and has a point most of the times hes calling. Louis is doing a marathon and calls both french and english station from 7 am to 11 pm. EVERY DAY

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Louis has a distinctive nasal twang to his voice, esp. in English. He always seems to get rope anywhere he calls, they let him ramble quite a bit. I laugh when he tries to be super-friendly with hosts, repeats their names ad nauseam. He's been doing this forever it seems.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Could not stand Stock. Don't like Tony . Really hate Connor Mekenna always sounding and talking like a self righteous ****. Nilan May not be the best speaker but I don't care for that. I like what he brings to radio and enjoy his show much more than the other bone heads

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Could not stand Stock. Don't like Tony . Really hate Connor Mekenna always sounding and talking like a self righteous ****. Nilan May not be the best speaker but I don't care for that. I like what he brings to radio and enjoy his show much more than the other bone heads

I think Conor Mckenna has charisma. I also think Conor will argue the sky is yellow if everyone is saying it's blue. So I like Conor and also hate him at the same time. His Twitter is interesting, but its further proof that the guy tends to disagree with what everyone else is thinking. He also tends to be very negative in general.

I had no issue with TEAM 990 PJ Stock. He was pretty entertaining.
I liked Tony till he became this flamboyant character.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00