Does Anyone Else Think Ottawa Might Have a Good Season?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Bunch of youngsters trying to prove themselves and who haven't yet been f***ed over by the org might come out firing yeah. I can see that.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
I’m going to say they’ll be better than expected. Like just outside a playoff spot. A lot of underrated players and no true stars anymore except for Stone.
I won't go so far as to say they will be on the bubble. I'd say that would be their ceiling as currently constructed. Asking too much from too many rookies. Asking for buy-in from vets who've been front row for the Melnyk Meltdown, the Karlsson v. Hoffman debacle and the Smith shenanigans is just too much.

To me, for the Sens to even be sniffing at a playoff spot by the deadline, the season is going to have to start really well. Like 7-1-2 to start. That might be enough to get the morale up enough to have a shot at an ok year.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Colorado did, but highly doubtful if Ottawa does have a good season, but think there's a tiny chance they might be able to do it. I have a feeling Guy Boucher resigns from his position as head coach sometime before the trade deadline and takes on a position elsewhere.

Reactions: bert and Guerzy

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
What?

If a team claimed him, then Ottawa would owe him nothing.

If they sent him down, they’d have to pay him every cent of his contract, and likely wind up calling up a guy in a 2-way contract... meaning overall they’d be spending more.

This was 100% about saving money.

If you say so.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Sometime in the not too distant future I believe the team will stay in the locker room past a game start time.

Dorian will head on in to see what’s up and not come back out.

Soon after Melnyk will follow suit.

Depending on the subsequent missing persons investigation I believe they can turn that ship around lickity split!

Macbanan

Dec 28, 2013
Uppsala, Sweden
I think other teams are at risk of underestimating them. They are very clearly a much worse team on paper compared to last year. Some of their opponents could give only 90% effort and the parity means they would get some points.

I think they finish ahead of 3 teams.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Vegas situation is much different with a brand new team and the players coming together after being exposed to expansion draft.

Ottawa isn't a brand new team and they have a crappy owner. Don't see Ottawa doing good.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
I said it right after they traded Karlsson. They're making the playoffs. They still have a lot good character guys and they'll be hungry to prove that they can play and it wasn't just Karlsson dragging them around.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
The only team I think could win more games than anyone is ready to predict for them is Detroit. I got this weird feeling Bernier is gonna have a great year and Detroit will win way more games anyone expected them to. That's not to say playoffs, but it does mean I don't think they will finish 6th/7th/8th in the Atlantic.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
anyway crazier shit has happened. You have players like Duchene, Dzingel and Stone playing for their career setting contracts. Add some youth like Chabot, Tkachuk, Formenton and a bouce back season from Anderson and they could be a wildcard.

it's possible but extremely unlikely. lots of things would have to go perfect.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
They already had their over performing season a couple years ago. I feel like that lowers the chances of it happening again so soon.

Also Vegas was notable because their season was exceptional. As in very uncommon. There’s not gonna be a team like that every seasom

They might not be the absolute worst team on paper, but all the bs happening around that franchise could affect their mental game if it feels like an unpleasant place to be in

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad