Value of: Does 4+16 get KAKKO

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
For all we know Turcotte or Byram could end up being the best players from this draft. Look at 2017 draft. 1&2 Heisher and Patrick or 4 and 16 Makar and Valimaki? It would be hard to turn down that 2 for 1 deal
You should probably draft one of them then. We'll take Kakko.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Makar and your 4thOA may get you Kakko

If I'm the Rangers I do make that deal. You take Byram at #4 and you are set with your future Top pair defensemen for a decade. You still have #20 to pick the best forward or even Knight. Come on! Kakko instead of Makar and Byram? That's EASY.

Last edited:

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
I love these threads.

OP: Do the rangers have any interest in trading something they have no interest in trading and absolutely do not have to trade?
Rangers Fans: Not unless it’s for overpayment.
Everyone Else: OMG WTF NO HAR HAR HAR ITS NOT WORTH THAT.

We have NO reason to trade the pick. These threads are a waste of time.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
I love these threads.

OP: Do the rangers have any interest in trading something they have no interest in trading and absolutely do not have to trade?

And it's bonkers to think the Av's would give up Makar to move up two picks

Reactions: SML2

pockets

Thank you, Bill!
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain
I love these threads.

Can't argue with that, however when it's suggested that it would take MacKinnon, Makar and the 4th OA to just get NYR to listen that goes from overpayment to just plain stupidity.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Can't argue with that, however when it's suggested that it would take MacKinnon, Makar and the 4th OA to just get NYR to listen that goes from overpayment to just plain stupidity.

It’s an insane overpayment. Would never happen. Would never even be offered ever. But I think the general thing here is the Rangers have no reason to give that pick up, so if you want it, it’s going to hurt.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
It’s an insane overpayment. Would never happen. Would never even be offered ever. But I think the general thing here is the Rangers have no reason to give that pick up, so if you want it, it’s going to hurt.
And how do you know where/how the Rangers value the pick?

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
The #2 is not on the block. Nobody is offering MacK or Makar. This is some PS4 stuff going on here.

Reactions: Berserk

pockets

Thank you, Bill!
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain
Of course they don't have a reason to trade the #2 pick, cost-controlled high potential assets are very valuable and any team would be stupid not to ask for an overpayment. However, some of the suggested overpayments in this thread are a bit ridiculous, including Makar + 4OA.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Yeah I was being sarcastic. Canucks fans were pretty brutal right around the draft in an effort to unite the Hughes brothers. My question is what do they plan on doing when it’s Luke Hughes’ draft year?
I say it all the time but the world is a better place than it would have been had the internet existed when all 6 Sutter brothers were playing.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Of course they don't have a reason to trade the #2 pick, cost-controlled high potential assets are very valuable and any team would be stupid not to ask for an overpayment. However, some of the suggested overpayments in this thread are a bit ridiculous, including Makar + 4OA.
It would have to be ridiculous though. When a team is attempting to get something from another that is not on the block and they have no interest in trading, they name the price. I don't think the Rangers would trade Kakko for 4 and Makar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad