Value of: Does 4+16 get KAKKO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
He’s buddies with Rants, a fan of the avs. What does it take for the avs to move up to get him? Is it worth it?

Do you really think that Colorado needs more top end elite talent? Because you're still going to get a damn good player at 4, and should still get someone pretty decent at 16. Personally for Colorado I'd keep the two firsts and just make the picks. Draft another center, and go from there.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Facts....really? You are the last guy who should be talking about anyone else's facts, when don't use them yourself.
Your theories are usually completely devoid of them and are obviously based more on whims and desire to be right than actual facts.

Bern's there is no "US". It is just you that people here have openly criticized and laughed at. Spare them the ridiculous proposals that are not well thought out, lack any valuation of players and team needs. That isn't intelligent.

Your ego.....implying that your theory is akin to being water is wet, is exactly what I mean. You are the only person who thinks this way. You have the extremist opinion here. Boo Nieves is barely a 4C, nothing more....THAT is water being wet, THAT is factual. Your notion otherwise is not intelligent, it is not based on fact. Your ego and need to be "right" prevents you from using common sense to see that your theory is bunk.

You can stand by your positions that is fine but you act as if they are correct. They can only be substantiated by actually coming to fruition but only you can't see that they won't. Until they do, you aren't correct. Because they don't, and won't, it only substantiates that your theories are wrong or nothing more than day dreams.

Regarding Boo's speed, there are literally 100's of posts and dozens of threads where you took the position that he was the the logical choice to play with Kreider because he could keep up with him, so lets not play semantics. Is Kreider faster than Boo? it doesn't matter.........many people have already called you out citing that Nieves may be a fast skater but he lacks the actual skill to be a 1C. So, this is really a non issue. So the notion that he would be a logical 1C is what is being misrepresented here by you. Again the overwhelming "No's" to what you said there are deafening. Nobody agrees with you. It is not a small contingent of extreme critics.....it is virtually EVERYONE.

Please stop with Stepan. We are talking trades and proposals. You continue to hang your hat as being correct on something from 4 or 5 years ago as if you were the only person who said this is silly. It really was a ground ball. You've been wrong about pretty much everything prior and since that. If a broken clock is right twice a day, that is 100% more accuracy than you've had.

I personally do not like to get personal with anyone, but your passive aggressive insults dictate how people respond to you. If you could reign in that ego and lose the passive aggressive style, you might be taken a bit more seriously. I might not "snip" at you all that much then. Until then I still look at you as the village idiot.

Well said!

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
If col added a second I'd think hard about it if I'm ny. A good player will be there at four, maybe one at 16 and maybe one in the second. For a team with nothing at all I'd think about it

For a team like Colorado that already has a couple elite players, and given the fact that Kakko is a winger, for those same reasons I don't think Colorado should trade those picks.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Do you really think that Colorado needs more top end elite talent? Because you're still going to get a damn good player at 4, and should still get someone pretty decent at 16. Personally for Colorado I'd keep the two firsts and just make the picks. Draft another center, and go from there.
We need a guy to drive the second line for sure. If we get that and another support top 6 I think we can win a cup.

Reactions: Riptide

Skin Tape Session

Oct 7, 2017
For a team like Colorado that already has a couple elite players, and given the fact that Kakko is a winger, for those same reasons I don't think Colorado should trade those picks.
Finally a real response other than rangers fans "whaaaaa Koko is generational ainec""

Interesting. I think your right, never thought of it from their end. Yeah I don't seem them needing num 2. In a few years they will need those elc.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
We need a guy to drive the second line for sure. If we get that and another support top 6 I think we can win a cup.

Depending on what you think of several of the center's available, I'd imagine that you can probably get a guy who will be able to do that. If you use TSN's mock draft, you're likely looking at Darby or Cousins at #4, and then one of several different guys at 16.

Add in Jost and several other decent forward prospects, and you have a real chance to get quality players to add legitimate skilled depth.

I get that everyone wants elite talent. But I think this is one case where Colorado doesn't need it - especially as the talent in question isn't a center (in which case I'd change my opinion).

Reactions: avsfan09

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Depending on what you think of several of the center's available, I'd imagine that you can probably get a guy who will be able to do that. If you use TSN's mock draft, you're likely looking at Darby or Cousins at #4, and then one of several different guys at 16.

Add in Jost and several other decent forward prospects, and you have a real chance to get quality players to add legitimate skilled depth.

I get that everyone wants elite talent. But I think this is one case where Colorado doesn't need it - especially as the talent in question isn't a center (in which case I'd change my opinion).
The main issue is Kakko will be ready next year and the guys at 4 will be a year at the least if not more. Our window is open next year imo if our offence gets some help. Appreciate the response though and enjoy Kakko!

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia

The main issue is Kakko will be ready next year and the guys at 4 will be a year at the least if not more. Our window is open next year imo if our offence gets some help. Appreciate the response though and enjoy Kakko!

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon

Sadly, as a die hard Pens fan... I won't be enjoying Kakko all that much, given that anything good he does that I see will be against my team...

Reactions: avsfan09

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
it would have to be a huge overpay. this draft at the top is basically 2016 2.0
with Matthews/Laine = Hughes/Kakko

if COL really wanted Kakko its would hurt

4+Makar. sounds craxy but it would also be crazy to miss out on a kid who looks like a franchise talent

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Answer is no. The drop of in value from 3rd to 4th is massive based on historical data. Relative value from 2nd OA to 4th OA is a 30% reduction. Difference between 4th and 16th is another 20% drop.

CblpcEs.jpg

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Reflecting on this original trade:

Byram + Newhook is a money package deal

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
He’s buddies with Rants, a fan of the avs. What does it take for the avs to move up to get him? Is it worth it?

Clooney - What if I told you I could get your money back and all you have to do is give up Tess?

Garcia - I would say yes

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Keep Byram.. Trust me he is going to completely tear up the league very soon

Obviously Kakko good too, but just wait and people that havent seen Byram yet will be blown away

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
In hindsight I rather have Byram and Newhook..... but the correct answer is still no, you don't trade Kakko for that ATM

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
If that 16 was Krebs, Byron + Krebs or Turcotte + Krebs for Kaakko wouldn't be too bad, probably need another good piece to make it worth potential downside of Kaakko dwarfing the other 2.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
As an Avs fan I loved the Byram + Newhook picks, but would still trade them for Kakko in a heartbeat.

It wouldn’t surprise me if a team out there would choose Byram/Newhook over Kakko, but the Rangers aren’t one of them. They have Dmen now with Trouba and are ready to compete bc of Panarin, and Kakko can play right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad