Do you want Toronto to win the lottery if the Sabres don't?

C Note

Jan 31, 2014
I'd rather not Toronto win the lottery, but I won't really care if they do. If McDavid isn't going to Buffalo, might as well be to a ****** organization that poses no threat.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
No but if you believe in jinxes then this thread is a jinx x 1000 :laugh:

I was with my buddy last night and he is a leaf fan and sportsnet has been doing the draft lottery simulator everyday. Well it's landed on Toronto like 5 out of 6 times and now Toronto media is calling it destiny. He's already talking about it like how Stamko's will just up and leave Tampa because he wants to play in Toronto :laugh:

I just ran it once again and got Buffalo on my first try soo....**** the leafs

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I don't hate the Leafs the way many fans here do, just because they were in the other conference when I was growing up watching hockey. They haven't been good since they've been in the same division as Buffalo, and Buffalo has mostly had their number. They seem like no more than a pest to me.

Despite that, I think it would be really friggin' wrong for Toronto to win the lottery. They have been a terribly run franchise with a completely disfunctional ownership group. For them to FINALLY admit they have to start over this season is a start, and they should have to work on that for a season or two before lucking out in the draft lottery, let alone lucking out on McDavid.

Now I firmly believe that no team "deserves" anything from the lottery and that the team that wins has no apologies to make. But I'm pretty certain that a team like Toronto, that has every advantage to win in this league if not for their own self-inflicted wounds, winning the lottery from the 25th spot is not really within the spirit of what a draft lottery is about. In addition, they're a division rival so anything and everything that can hold them back is what I want...same for TB, Montreal, Boston, etc.

The only other team I'll be ok with winning the lottery is Arizona, or Minny from way back at #14 for the laughs.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Yeah. Best case scenario. Should also bring out the best in Eichel. Nothing better than beating your enemy at their best, crushing their hopes. Marino has no rings because of Jim Kelly. That is awesome, even though Kelly couldn't win 1 I know we prevented Marino from winning one.

HiddenInLight

Sep 4, 2011
I'd never want toronto to get any good player. I hope toronto gets third overall and the guy they pick busts hard.

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
Not only no, but heck no. I want to hear wailing and gnashing of teeth for decades to come. I want to hear the lamentations of their women.

ZeroPT*

No I just ****ing hate them and their fanbase and they don't deserve crap. Try living in the GTA.

"Dude William Nylander is better than Sam Reinhart, sorry"

"Man, the Leafs are easily getting McDavid, no one is worse"

"The leafs are really smart, they know that Nylander is good enough to be a 1st line center right now but they're keeping him in the minors so that they get McDavid and then they'll have two"

actual quote from a friend of mine

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
I just wouldn't want them to have the best player on the ice. But a good rivalry would be nice. Maybe they can win it next year

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Really wanna see Crouse become Pyatt/Rasmussen 2.0 for them tbh

I honestly feel like the rivalry thing is overblown. Personally, I loved it when they had the old system of playing 8 games against your division rivals and we went something like 13-3 against the Bruins from 05-07. I like watching the Sabres win :laugh:

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
"The leafs are really smart, they know that Nylander is good enough to be a 1st line center right now but they're keeping him in the minors so that they get McDavid and then they'll have two"

smfh

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
I just don't have 1 reason to hate Toronto. They are a terrible organization full of failure. What is there to hate? Their fans? Why? Their fans embarrass themselves.

The Sabres vs Leafs rivalry is pretty pathetic of late. I want it to mean something.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

Not sure what's worse: the quote, or that you're friends with the person who said it. ;):sarcasm:

sabresandcanucks

Jul 2, 2009
Hell no!!!!!

Toronto as a sports market is like Carthage (to our Rome)...We must not give it hope, once we get better we need to show no mercy and blow them out every single visit to the ACC.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00