Do you want Toronto to win the lottery if the Sabres don't?

RecycledEichel

Out with the old...
Oct 19, 2013
Raleigh
On one hand, naturally we like seeing Toronto suffer as they are our division rival. McDavid will help their team get out of the funk they have been in for a long time. Maybe not next year, but he would sooner than later make them good again. Plus, we would have to deal with hearing Toronto fans talk about how great he is for the next 15+ years.

On the other hand, how amazing would it be for the Buffalo/Toronto rivalry? Sports are better when their are heated rivalries. This one would be on fire and for a very long time. As much as we don't like seeing Toronto win, it's great when both teams are good and they come to the 1st niagara center. It's like a playoff game each time. I remember what is was like in that building when the the battle between the fans chanting was even better than what we were watching on he ice. I do want to experience that again. We could have that for the next 10-15 years if we get the American Eichel and they get the Canadien McDavid.

What do you guys think?

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
On one hand, naturally we like seeing Toronto suffer as they are our division rival. McDavid will help their team get out of the funk they have been in for a long time. Maybe not next year, but he would sooner than later make them good again. Plus, we would have to deal with hearing Toronto fans talk about how great he is for the next 15+ years.

On the other hand, how amazing would it be for the Buffalo/Toronto rivalry? Sports are better when their are heated rivalries. This one would be on fire and for a very long time. As much as we don't like seeing Toronto win, it's great when both teams are good and they come to the 1st niagara center. It's like a playoff game each time. I remember what is was like in that building when the the battle between the fans chanting was even better than what we were watching on he ice. I do want to experience that again. We could have that for the next 10-15 years if we get the American Eichel and they get the Canadien McDavid.

What do you guys think?

Hell no.
If Edmonton or Toronto wins the lottery...there are gonna be Fox Mulder type conspiracy theories about the draft being rigged :laugh:

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
No, I do not want to see the Maple Leafs win anything.

I love visiting the city, the people are nice, I don't care if the Blue Jays win the pennant every year, and Toronto's TV and radio stations bounced across the lake wonderfully for me as a kid. There will be a heated rivalry no matter what.

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
If the Sabres don't win the Lottery, I'd want Arizona to win it. Then we could all see those nationalistic Canucks loose their minds when their favorite son is playing for a Southern redneck franchise.

ZeroPT*

I want the leafs to go full 2013 Sabres and end up with Lawson Crouse.
If they get McDavid I won't hear the end of it. You guys don't live in Leafs nation. It's unbearable.

"HEY MAN DID YOU SEE NYLANDER OH MY GOD HE'LL BE BETTER THAN PATRICK KANE" Every.****ing.Day.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
Nothing wrong with a really good rivalry. If Arizona or somebody like that wins the lottery, NBCSN will try to portray Sabres-Yotes games as a big rivalry, which they are not. The Toronto games really would be an intense rivalry.

That said, I live in LA, so I don't have to put up with Leafs fans - except on the Main board.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
No. **** that. They can have something nice happen to them after Buffalo finally does.

That team has had a horseshoe up their ass for the last 2 months of the season. Anytime they've needed a team to win they win. Anytime they need a team to lose they lose.

How many times have we watched the Sabres have the exact opposite happen to them while great draft picks get turned into #13 overall during the last month of the season? Second last in 2013 with a month to go and we end up drafting 8th. "NHL's best record after the All-Star break" for like four seasons in a row with nothing but bad picks to show for it.

Even this year nothing is being made easy. How many leads has Edmonton blown in the last 5 minutes in the last 20 games? At least 5. **** Toronto.

BakedBuffalo

**** run 4 Chychrun
Oct 29, 2014
Buffalo, NY
To be frank, I think we'll have a dislike for any team that gets McDavid, no matter who it is. Personally, I'd be cool with it. Sports are entertainment, and rivalries are more entertaining. Arz-Buf? Pfft, that's weak ****, Tor-Buf rivalry would get nuts, and the playoff games would be ****ing unreal. I understand why people differ in opinion, though. We all watch for our own reasons. I think we can all agree though, that if Toronto got McDavid, their fans would be absolutely insufferable.

Last edited:

RecycledEichel

Out with the old...
Oct 19, 2013
Raleigh
To be frank, I think we'll have a dislike for any team that gets McDavid, no matter who it is. Personally, I'd be cool with it. Sports are entertainment, and rivalries are more entertaining. Arz-Buf? Pfft, that's weak ****, Tor-Buf rivalry would get nuts, and the playoff games would be ****ing unreal. I understand why people differ in opinion, though. We all watch for our own reasons. I think we can all agree though, that if Toronto got McDavid, their fans would be absolutely insufferable.

Totally agree.. i couldn't even imagine our playoff games together.. And we would play toronto more often in the playoffs because of how it's set up now.,

Clock

May 13, 2006
I mean it would be good for the rivalry, but I'm more in it for the whole best-chance-at-winning-championship thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00