Do you want the Leafs to break our 54 year drought?

Do you want the Leafs to break our 54 year drought?

• Total voters

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Why are you still around then?

I understand what he's getting at though. The dial turning so the Leafs are suddenly at 55 years empty will do absolutely nothing for me.

I'm not going to be angry at another irrelevant franchise just because we have one Cup since the Nazis were blitzing London.

Reactions: Rangers743

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
No. I don't want other people to suffer so we can feel better about our franchise being worthless.

Seriously dude, is this going to be every post now? At least when I was negative I kept it to the GDTs almost exclusively. I don't think anyone needs the constant negativity. We get it this is the worst team in the history of the world, maybe the worst anything in history of the world. Worse than Hitler and the black plague put together. You don't have to mention it in every post.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Yes. Especially now that they got Tavares. Screw that fanbase.

Last edited:

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
I understand what he's getting at though. The dial turning so the Leafs are suddenly at 55 years empty will do absolutely nothing for me.

I'm not going to be angry at another irrelevant franchise just because we have one Cup since the Nazis were blitzing London.
The other option not given is no I don't want them to win because screw the Leafs.

And that poster isn't getting at anything, he posts in every thread on all of HFBoards about his own whiny agenda, it is tiresome

Reactions: ReggieDunlop68

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
54 year drought or not, the Leafs are the worst franchise. Not only have they not won a cup since the O6 days (which hardly count, the league was ****in rigged back then in favor of Montreal and Toronto, and to a lesser extent Detroit), they havent even sniffed a SC finals appearance, which is ****ing pathetic. Even during the Rangers curse drought, they at least reached the finals a few times, and were always at least a playoff team.

Could this be the warning notice that pops up when someone picks the no drought option [option 2]?

Last edited:

RangerBlues

Apr 27, 2004
BRONX NYC
Ill take the leafs winning cup.
As long as they go through the Islanders in the process.
It the most heartbreaking way possible.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
f*** the Leafs.

I don't want them to win, because they're the Leafs; completely unrelated to our cup drought.

Canadian hockey media is borderline unwatchable because the Leafs get 75%+ of all the stories, whether they are winning or losing.

Due to the sheer number of Leafs fans, there are literally millions of fair weather fans who you only hear from when they're doing something good.

If I was given the option for both us and the Leafs to win the cup within the next ten years; or for the Leafs to definitely not win it, and us to just have to take our chances: well, I guess we'd be taking our chances.

When I sit down to a hockey dessert, the Rangers' success is the delicious ice cream that is served on the filling, hearty, pie, that is Leafs fans' misery.

The day I cheer for them to break their drought will be the day that the last remnant of light has been snuffed from my soul.

Last edited:

culex

Oct 23, 2016
I used to be indifferent but over the past few years, I have gotten a bit of a soft spot for the Leafs. I've made friends with a handful of (nice) Leafs fans, so it's hard for me to not get absorbed into all of that. Plus, our games against them are usually a lot of fun. In addition to that, I think it would be kind of funny to see the rest of Canada shit thsemelves if the Leafs did win (I think there is often a collective dislike for Toronto sports fans). I don't think the comparison should be made with the Rangers, though. If anything, the biggest competition is more of breaking the drought of a Canadian team winning the Cup.

Also, call me crazy but I kind of like the 54 year drought as a part of our history. I realize it's not something you particularly want to gloat about, but it became such a huge thing leading up to the few Playoff runs/hopes, and eventually the '94 win. You think about the signs, the announcements, fans/player reactions, just everything...all because of that damn 'curse'. It was shitty, but it became a historical moment for the franchise. Any ways, I bring this up because a part of me feels pretty protective of this part of our history, so the idea that a random team might break this record...feels a bit invasive? I know it doesn't make much sense, but I guess I'm talking more from a sentimental point of view. I also think that's what happens when you start putting the Rangers' history in the equation, whereas if you didn't, I probably wouldn't care too much.

That said, it does vary. There are some teams I would be more than happy to see them never win a Cup :^).

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
What's wrong about I said? We're wishing failure on others to feel better about our own. That's exactly what I said and that's exactly what this is.
Nothings wrong with it. I guess people take exception with calling the Rangers worthless. Which is a bit extreme. But I get your vibe. I don’t think you really consider the Rangers worthless. You wouldn’t be here otherwise. You’re just speaking harsh against schadenfreude. I’m with you. Generosity of spirit is a good thing.

Reactions: Machinehead

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Nothings wrong with it. I guess people take exception with calling the Rangers worthless. Which is a bit extreme. But I get your vibe. I don’t think you really consider the Rangers worthless. You wouldn’t be here otherwise. You’re just speaking harsh against schadenfreude. I’m with you. Generosity of spirit is a good thing.

Everything is wrong with it!

If in the big picture of life, being a fan of one professional team is ridiculous, then how unbelievably absurd is trying to have Generosity of spirit for rival businesses franchises?

Particularly a franchise whose obnoxious fan base liked to call our business team the Rags as well as had a good share of laughs doing the 1940! bit too.

Having schadenfreude for the other team and it's fanbase is pretty much what this whole stupid thing is about.

I am now nauseous with that smarmy open-mindedness I just read.

f*** the Leafs.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Don’t care about their drought or ours a bit. Don’t want them to win because their fans are absolutely insufferable and are already so sure they’re bound to be a dynasty

Reactions: ReggieDunlop68

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

Oh. It won't do anything for me either. I was referring to more of the worthless organization comment. When you see someone say they hate this team, they loathe the franchise, calling it worthless, you would expect it from a die-hard, super biased Islander/Devil fan. Not a Rangers fan.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
The fact that I don't give a f*** about stuff like this makes me realize that I'm not that hardcore a fan. This wouldn't have even crossed my mind otherwise.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I still believe that Leafs need an upgrade on defense to even be close to a cup final - so it more likely going to be some additional years of cup drought even with JT. But their offense is really strong now so who knows what will happen next season - maybe Leafs is ready to visit the final? :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad