Do you want Ennis back?

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Hell yeah I do, I’ve always been a Tyler Ennis fan and always felt like he’d be a star player if he was 6’2 not 5’9.

I think he’d be willing to re-sign for a million or cheaper.

Reactions: dsred

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Having a really nice bounce back season at a great cap hit. Definitely due for an increased salary, on quite possibly a multi-year contract as well. Not expecting that to come from the Leafs though.

Gsh

Oct 14, 2018
So when Kadri comes back to the lineup who sits? I’m not sure you can break up this 4th line right now.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Petan has been brought in to fill the same role. Can't spend on the 4th line with the cap crunch coming up.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
He'll get a better contract than what the Leafs can offer/afford.

Great bargain bin pickup though. Could be a difference-maker in the playoffs.

Reactions: yubbers

TheKule

Jun 3, 2011
He's going to (deservedly) get a multi million dollar contract over 2 years from someone. Really happy for the guy, but he won't be a leaf next year.

Reactions: ChurchOfMatthews

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Depends on the contract

If he's willing to stay for under 1M I'd welcome him with open arms, if not I wish him the best of luck

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
I don't think we can afford that, someone on a league minimum deal replacing Brown would make more sense cap wise imo

Brown makes 2.1

1.5 goes to Enzo

There is still 600k left over for another 650k revamp project next year. We get an upgrade on Brown in the process and save money.

Win win

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Brown makes 2.1

1.5 goes to Enzo

There is still 600k left over for another 650k revamp project next year. We get an upgrade on Brown in the process and save money.

Win win

Brown makes 2.1M, Moore makes 775K
Save 1.325M, that's more in line with what we need cap wise

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
Great on him. Has battled injuries and still shows he’s an NHLer. Good pick up by Dubas

drewjenks

Oct 1, 2017
Canada
I want Ennis back but I think he'll get paid a bit more than we can afford by a team like EDM in the offseason.

Good player!

I would offer him a $700,000 x 8 year deal. He's 30 & he almost had to retire from injuries already. So I think he might be happy to guarantee himself another $5,600,000.

Before anyone freaks out:

You can demote any player making $700,000 to the AHL with zero cap implications. So Ennis could just finish out his career with the Leafs & then retire with a pension when he get's demoted. I'm 99% sure we wouldn't have to put him on LTIR if he's already gone through waivers.

Reactions: JayDog17

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
I want Ennis back but I think he'll get paid a bit more than we can afford by a team like EDM in the offseason.

Good player!

Will cost too much.
Need to find the 'next's Ennis, someone looks to fix his career.

Smith Pelly
Moulson
Lehtera
Hagelin
Kruger

One or more of these guys will be not signed after July 1st.
SP would bring size and forecheck
Hagelin is fast and plays solid PK
Moulson is ppg in ahl
Kruger and Lehtera can play C as well.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
I would offer him a $700,000 x 8 year deal. He's 30 & he almost had to retire from injuries already. So I think he might be happy to guarantee himself another $5,600,000.

Before anyone freaks out:

You can demote any player making $700,000 to the AHL with zero cap implications. So Ennis could just finish out his career with the Leafs & then retire with a pension when he get's demoted. I'm 99% sure we wouldn't have to put him on LTIR if he's already gone through waivers.

If some others in here turn out to be right -- in that he could sign a "multi-million" dollar contract, then $2mx2 is probably more appealing to the player, and if that's $2mx3 then obviously that's better. Might have to do better than $700kx8 but I like the idea.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
My words exactly. 100%. Everytime I watch brown skate around mjandlessly with a ton of bricks in his pants not generating anything I cringe.

Brown kills every play each time he has the puck.

Marleau seems to be picking up the pace as playoffs are coming around the corner, he has some jam to his board game lately, and extra giddyup on his skates.

But Brown is this years Komorov, just an anchor with a PK skill.

Moore and Ennis bring some offensive power with speed and talent for way cheaper.

Reactions: MarnerPeachFuzz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad