Do you think Treliving should stay or go?

Would you extend Treliving this summer?

• Yes

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • No

Votes: 22 64.7%

• Total voters

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
Well it could not be the team or pay. Florida is ok but jackets are well shit.

Of course it was the contracts. It was clear as day that was the issue for both.

NHL players don’t make long term career/life altering decisions based on who the coach is.

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Can I ask? Is it probable that Sutter was one of the biggest if not the reason why Chucky and Johnny left us?
Absolutely played a factor for Tkachuk - neither of them like each other and have been fairly vocal about it, at least by hockey standards.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Maloney I think is the next GM, he also came from a losing Coyotes organization, he has that going for him.

Mitts

Jun 29, 2011
Calgary
I've been a Tre fan for quite some time, he's pulled off some incredible trades, like the Fla one but somehow they don't work out, at the time of the trade though, he was universally praised. All the blame doesn't fall on his shoulders, but at the same time, we've been just too inconsistent. This is a guy who I feel truly gave it his all, did everything he could to try and put together a contender. It hasn't worked out, the more I think about it the more conflicted I am, I know we need a new coach. I voted for change, but the more I think about the more on the fence I am regarding Tre.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
I've been a Tre fan for quite some time, he's pulled off some incredible trades, like the Fla one but somehow they don't work out, at the time of the trade though, he was universally praised. All the blame doesn't fall on his shoulders, but at the same time, we've been just too inconsistent. This is a guy who I feel truly gave it his all, did everything he could to try and put together a contender. It hasn't worked out, the more I think about it the more conflicted I am, I know we need a new coach. I voted for change, but the more I think about the more on the fence I am regarding Tre.
that's the thing..the Florida trade return was great what was bad was how the Flames decided to use the assets in return that should get him turfed. one or both of Weegar or Huberdeau needed to be flipped for picks and youth not extended.
and that is not addressing that Kadri cost us a 1st to sign

Reactions: MM917

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I see two possible things happening:
1. Treliving fires Sutter, consolidates his power and hires another doormat coach like Gulutzan/Ward that he can influence from above.
2. Treliving leaves for Toronto in the summer. We hire a figurehead GM like Conroy and Sutter runs everything from behind the scenes.

What should happen:
- Fire Treliving, now. Right now. Bring in Dean Lombardi who can end the power struggle, rein in Sutter, and develop a plan for the summer. Or at least some other established GM with history in the league and who can command respect and bring some respectability back to the org

Reactions: Iggys Dome

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
I see two possible things happening:
1. Treliving fires Sutter, consolidates his power and hires another doormat coach like Gulutzan/Ward that he can influence from above.
2. Treliving leaves for Toronto in the summer. We hire a figurehead GM like Conroy and Sutter runs everything from behind the scenes.

What should happen:
- Fire Treliving, now. Right now. Bring in Dean Lombardi who can end the power struggle, rein in Sutter, and develop a plan for the summer. Or at least some other established GM with history in the league and who can command respect and bring some respectability back to the org
We need a GM with clout who can be given autonomy. Lombardi is a good shout given his history with Sutter. Bob Murray is a scout for us as well, he did well in Anaheim IMO. Wouldn’t be mad if he was given the position after Tre leaves.

Mitts

Jun 29, 2011
Calgary
that's the thing..the Florida trade return was great what was bad was how the Flames decided to use the assets in return that should get him turfed. one or both of Weegar or Huberdeau needed to be flipped for picks and youth not extended.
and that is not addressing that Kadri cost us a 1st to sign
Couldn't disagree more, that seems like hindsight type of opinion and easy to say after how this season has gone. We had 111 points in the prior season, first in the division, 3rd in the conference and 6th in the league. Why would we trade Hubes or Weegar when we are trying to win a cup and are in win mode ? Do you remember all the talk when the trade happened ? How Hubes was better than Matty, how Weegs might be our number 1 dman now. Majority of fans felt this way, most analysts agreed as well. We signed Kadri. Tre did everything he could to prolong our window to compete for a cup. Unfortunately Markstrom pulled a Turek and Hubes pulled a Cheechoo and Sutter went full a-hole, now we are left with this mess.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Couldn't disagree more, that seems like hindsight type of opinion and easy to say after how this season has gone. We had 111 points in the prior season, first in the division, 3rd in the conference and 6th in the league. Why would we trade Hubes or Weegar when we are trying to win a cup and are in win mode ? Do you remember all the talk when the trade happened ? How Hubes was better than Matty, how Weegs might be our number 1 dman now. Majority of fans felt this way, most analysts agreed as well. We signed Kadri. Tre did everything he could to prolong our window to compete for a cup. Unfortunately Markstrom pulled a Turek and Hubes pulled a Cheechoo and Sutter went full a-hole, now we are left with this mess.
He did try but lots of people thought the correct move would have been to flip them as opposed to extend them.
Gaudreau and Tkachuk are just better than Huberdeau and Kadri
They are true 1st line players whereas Huberdeau and Kadri are both supporting players and play better with a true 1st line ahead of them

Reactions: Mitts and MM917

MM917

Aug 18, 2022

Yes but it was clear the the regular season finish was all smoke and mirrors and in reality we were not close to the contenders or close to winning. Downgrading from Tkachuk and Guadreau to Hubredeau and Kadri was not nearly made up by the addition of Weegar and didn't bridge the massive gap between us and the top teams in the league.

The best case scenario for this group was maybe fluking their way to a Conference Finals because of how weak our division is but we had no shot at a Cup, so handing out terrible contracts never made any sense at all. Building a team around Hubredeau, Kadri, Lindholm and 2nd/3rd liners never made any sense.

Reactions: Mitts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad