Do you think Rasmus Dahlin will breakout next year?

Genny Screamer

Jul 11, 2017
Buffalo, NY
During this offseason Dahlin is working on his strength and shot. Reports are that he has put on close to 10lbs of muscle already.

http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/sabres-rasmus-dahlin-using-offseason-to-develop-into-elite-talent/

One of the greatest strengths of elite players like Eichel and Dahlin is self awareness. They know what they need to work on to become a better player. Unfortunately, the Sabres have had players like Nylander and Mittelstadt that don't seem too self aware. There is still time for them, but they need to listen to their coaches and put in the work. Guys like Eichel and Dahlin don't need to be told to work.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Dahlin.jpg

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
I think that Dahlin will break out next year. That doesn't necessarily mean 60 points, but it might (as he was on pace for 56 this season). What I expect in terms of a break out year is Dahlin transitioning into playing against top competition and a more defensive role than he has been playing - ala Heiskanen.

Oct 18, 2011
70pts would have been a better question.

He was a lock for 50 this year, and a lock for 60 next season (or to be on pace for 60 with a possible shortened season or injury).

What he is a defenseman who has yet to play an NHL game over the age of 19.

Doesn't really match your answer seeing as it is unlikely that a 19yo with the highest potential in several decades (for a defenseman) has plateaued.
Good grief

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
Yes, he has added a lot of weight and muscle during the off-season. I think it will have a huge impact on his game.

NorCalhockey

Jan 6, 2017
During this offseason Dahlin is working on his strength and shot. Reports are that he has put on close to 10lbs of muscle already.

Sabres’ Rasmus Dahlin using offseason to develop into elite talent

One of the greatest strengths of elite players like Eichel and Dahlin is self awareness. They know what they need to work on to become a better player. Unfortunately, the Sabres have had players like Nylander and Mittelstadt that don't seem too self aware. There is still time for them, but they need to listen to their coaches and put in the work. Guys like Eichel and Dahlin don't need to be told to work.
I agree with most others in this thread who say Dahlin and/or Eichel can't do it themselves. Sabres need depth real bad!!! Like sell your organs for proven depth players kind of desperation. I really feel for Sabres fan not having their team in the playoffs for so long. I've read how loyal Sabres fans are to the NHL (tv viewership) - not JUST the Sabres, so I hope they see playoff hockey real soon.

Reactions: Genny Screamer

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I think that Dahlin will break out next year. That doesn't necessarily mean 60 points, but it might (as he was on pace for 56 this season). What I expect in terms of a break out year is Dahlin transitioning into playing against top competition and a more defensive role than he has been playing - ala Heiskanen.

I'd be pretty shocked if he doesn't score at least 60 next season, assuming the season isn't shortened. He was nearly pacing for that this year, and he's only getting better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad