Do you think Rasmus Dahlin will breakout next year?

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
Obviously he has great numbers for a young defenseman, but do you think that he will take the next step in becoming the superstar he has the potential to be? Can he put up 60+ points next year?

70pts would have been a better question.

He's a lock for 50 points next year 100%

He was a lock for 50 this year, and a lock for 60 next season (or to be on pace for 60 with a possible shortened season or injury).

Not really. He mostly is what he is.

What he is a defenseman who has yet to play an NHL game over the age of 19.

Doesn't really match your answer seeing as it is unlikely that a 19yo with the highest potential in several decades (for a defenseman) has plateaued.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
70pts would have been a better question.

He was a lock for 50 this year, and a lock for 60 next season (or to be on pace for 60 with a possible shortened season or injury).

Doesn't really match your answer seeing as it is unlikely that a 19yo with the highest potential in several decades (for a defenseman) has plateaued.
I understand what you’re saying, and I think a bunch of people in here are sleeping on him, but being on pace for 55pts is not at all a lock for 50 this year or a lock for 60 next year. Nonetheless amazing for a 19 year old and he will be an annual 60 pt guy in a year or 2

Weast

May 16, 2011
He was on pace for 55 points this season as a 20 year old, with only having Eichel to dish the puck to.
He already is in the same tier as young studs like Makar, Hughes, Fox, Heiskanen, ect.

coolboarder

Mar 4, 2010
Maryland
It is going to be tough. Sabres have a lot of work to do to build more depth on every facet of the game to take the pressure off from Dahlin.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
He was on pace for 55 points this season as a 20 year old, with only having Eichel to dish the puck to.
He already is in the same tier as young studs like Makar, Hughes, Fox, Heiskanen, ect.
The crazy thing is he played the entire season as a 19 year old, only turning 20 once the NHL was on pause due to Covid-19.

I remember a lot of people were souring on Victor Hedman once upon a time, too, because he wasn't dominating the league as early as people projected for a 6'4, excellent skating 2nd overall pick.

Dahlin will be fine. If he stays healthy next season, he'll easily crack 50+ points which, for a defensemen, is very hard. Only 7 defensemen did it this season, and only 13 did it last season.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
To truely break out the Sabres have to not suck next season and thats a mammoth task . If the Sabres are awful again Dahlins numbers will mean very little and he won't get much attention.

ijuka

May 14, 2016

Well, he's not even the best defenseman for his draft class anymore so that at least is a soft plateau, isn't it?

Black Kevin

I don't work my ass off
Nov 19, 2019
Raleigh
He's great. Already a top 10 LD with no major flaws in his game. It's pretty safe to say that he's on track to becoming the undisputed #1 Dman in the world for years to come. Just a brilliant young player.

Reactions: Mark717

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad