WJC: Do you think Canada would have won gold if....

Syek

Dec 16, 2008
Canada
Cody Hodgson was healthy and playing in the tournament? I think it wouldn't have been close with him in the line-up. Not just statistically, but overall leadership and experience, something that canada seemed to lack this year. What do you guys think?

p.s.
congrats to u.s.a. for the gold, they played a good game

Last edited:

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
yea because kadri wouldnt be on the ice as much..hall, eberle, hodgson.

No more strikeouts and stupid stupid plays.

BLAME CANADA*

Cody Hodgson was healthy and playing in the tournament? I think it wouldn't have been close with him in the line-up. What do you guys think?

p.s.
congrats to u.s.a. for the gold, they played a good game

Hodgson in would make a BIG difference.

Yannick8*

Well it was already close without him...

But add Hodgson, Tavares, Duchene, Kane, etc. and the game is probably over after the first...

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
definitely Hodgson would bring leadership, and the amount of dumb plays would go down to nearly 0.

Zetsyuk

Farewell Nick.
Jul 19, 2008
Windsor, ON
Do you think Canada would have won gold if.....

.... the Canadian coach had the guts that the American coach had to take a shaky goalie out after the third goal?

This.

And do you think Canada would have won gold if 3 guys didn't commit deed in a 4 on 4 game? Yeah, probably. ****.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
What about Tyler Seguin. Simply put, with 10 min left to go in the game, Willy went with about 7 forwards and 5 D. There was no faith in Henrique, Nemisz, Cowen, DeHaan, Caron, and even Adam when the going was tough. And SDR and Cormier only had a couple shifts in that time.

I think Willy screwed up picking the team, and he knew it.

Either way, Canada showed heart, and I hope they still get the respect they deserve for doing well and winning silver

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
I think they would have won if Bogosian was on team USA :sarcasm:
really there are to many "if's, and's, or buts" anything can happen any given day, today USA won, if they were to play tomorrow or the next day Canada may have won, although I do think it hurt not having Hamonic.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Lots of questionable moves by Desjardins but the biggest was leaving Allen in. I don't know how he plays outside of big pressure games but every time there was a shot or potential shot, he was on his knees. He was fighting the puck so badly and a good coach would have yanked him after the second goal.

BLAME CANADA*

So what players will Canada lose next year?.. are we going to suck cause aren't we losing most of the team and Hall and Seguin should make their teams.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
really there are to many "if's, and's, or buts" anything can happen any given day, today USA won, if they were to play tomorrow or the next day Canada may have won, although I do think it hurt not having Hamonic.

Myers and Bogosian can be set to offset the D disadvantage.

The forwards of course is different. Thats no excuse however. USA won fair

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
If we didn't take Jared "Hal Gill" Cowen, and took a better defenseman that could actually do their job and fill in on defense in the case of injury... maybe. Allen was pretty aweful to start though, and Taylor Hall is no first overall pick.

The Big Swede*

We would have won gold if we would of had Hodgson,Del Zotto,Stamkos,Duchene and Kane.But thats not the point......With that kind of goaltending you wont go anywhere

BLAME CANADA*

Yeah sure team USA can have Bogosian, Wilson and Moore but what about Stamkos, Hodgson, JT, Myers, Doughty, Duchene, RoR ect

SMoneyMonkey

Dec 7, 2009
LA/MTL
If they were the better team? :P

I was rooting for Canada the whole way but the States played a great game and deserved the win. Allen was a bit shakier than I would have liked (Campbell is great, isn't he?) but, really, it was won on the States merits more than Canada's shortcomings.

I really like Fowler, very solid D.

I don't like Kadri, though. He's got so much potential but the holes in his game are very obvious. I could see him scoring 50 goals with a -100 +/- (Hyperbole much? :P). He'll be a force once he plugs those holes but I don't think he deserved to be there.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Adding Hodgson would have increased Team Canada's skilled forward count from three to four.

Team USA had four dangerous lines, Canada had 2/3 + 1/3 and it wasn't put together until 10 minutes to go in the third period.

Stanley Foobrick

Clockwork Blue
Apr 2, 2007
Fooville, Ontario
We would have won gold if we would of had Hodgson,Del Zotto,Stamkos,Duchene and Kane.But thats not the point......With that kind of goaltending you wont go anywhere

Allen can be blamed for goals 1,2,5

1- seemed like a long enough shot that should have been stopped.
2- seemed to be rattled by the first goal and went down early leaving the short side open.
5- well, #5 is pretty obvious, misplayed puck then didn't seem to make a real effort to recover from miscue.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Seguins at home probably laughing right now. All the people who said guys like Nemisz, Henrique and Bourque, would be better suited to the WJC are eating their words.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad