Do You Put Lucic with Spooner or Krejci Next Year?

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I'd like to give Lucic-Krejci-Connolly a shot to replicate the success Looch and DK have had in the past with Horton and Iginla.

Not saying Connolly is as good as either of those guys, but he fits the profile of what they are/were and that line style has been successful

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I voted Spooner, but it will most likely be Krejci.

Lucic is and has been our only first-line LW for the last 7 or so years, and Pastrnak is already looking like he'll be our next legit first-line RW. If you're going to keep Lucic-Spooner-Pasta together, does that make Krejci our 3C? If so, 7 mil for a 3C...yikes.

Loved what I saw of Lucic with the kids, though if Connolly is up to it I can sees reversion to form per Horton, Iggy.

This also presumes Lucic will be with the club next year. Given the kind of player he is, his age, his cap hit, and some of Sweeney's recent remarks, I'm beginning to have my doubts.

Using the iPad so can't provide a link, but the best window into Don's demeanor, philosophy & intentions thus far can be found in a radio interview with weei's Dale & Holly. Check out the audio; good stuff.

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
Too early to speculate. I'd revisit this poll in July when the roster is pretty much defined after the draft and trading season.

Exactly!
I think DK (7.25 MIL CONTRACT) may be the one that gets moved.
Listening to Cam and Donny talk about skill , speed and grit / toughness plus new Finn centre has me wondering?
Seidenberg and his contract and slow foot speed could be on his way out of town also.
Just my thoughts, how about you guys.
Duffy in Mineville.

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
Id like to see a top nine of

Marchand - Bergeron -Smith
Eriksson - Krejci - Connolly
Lucic - Spooner -Pastrnak

Rather not have smith in there but not totally sure who else

I like it, roll those 3 lines evenly (about 17 min each) and 8 min for the 4th line. It never works that way because of PK, PP, etc.

If we aren't reuniting Lucic-Krejci, those are the ideal lines.

InterimGM

May 6, 2015
Just so I'm clear, in his average season playing with Krejci, Lucic was a 25-35--60 guy, he plays 24 games with Spooner, puts up the equivalent of a 24-20--44 and all of a sudden he "needs someone like that to get him to move his feet"?

The person who Milan Lucic needs to get him to move his feet is Milan Lucic.

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
Just so I'm clear, in his average season playing with Krejci, Lucic was a 25-35--60 guy, he plays 24 games with Spooner, puts up the equivalent of a 24-20--44 and all of a sudden he "needs someone like that to get him to move his feet"?

The person who Milan Lucic needs to get him to move his feet is Milan Lucic.

i did think of this before posting, but in those years his production was up due to Horton and Iginla. He had neither this year. It was a AHLer in Griffith and Krejci was hurt half the season, so the 24-20-44 is more a reflection on the top line and not the Spooner line since it was only a fraction of the year

InterimGM

May 6, 2015
i did think of this before posting, but in those years his production was up due to Horton and Iginla. He had neither this year. It was a AHLer in Griffith and Krejci was hurt half the season, so the 24-20-44 is more a reflection on the top line and not the Spooner line since it was only a fraction of the year

The 24-20-44 (equivalent pace) is only from his time with Spooner and Pastrnak (Chicago game forward). I left off the first part of the season with injured Krejci and Griffith. Pastrnak might not be quite as skilled as Horton and Iginla yet, but he did produce at a 58 point pace in those 24 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad