Do You Put Lucic with Spooner or Krejci Next Year?

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
There are still going to be some changes up front (especially considering we have a new GM), but I think it's pretty safe to assume Krejci and Spooner will see full-time roles at C next year, and that Lucic most likely won't be traded.

Do you opt to put Lucic with the proven chemistry of a (hopefully) healthy Krejci, or put him back with Spooner, who he had most of his success with last year?

Bi Coastal Bawse*

On the 3rd line with the kids have DK with Connolly and Eriksson

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
I keep Lucic-Spooner-Pastrnak together. They were our best line last year after they were assembled and I really like the way the 2 young forwards forced Looch to pick up his skating game

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Spooner for me. He's fast and force Lucic to move his feet. They were also pruductive late in the season.

Lucic-Spooner-Pasta should start together.

As for Krejci, I would try to see if I can get a top-D or a top-W in return in a trade. If that can happen, do it. If not, put him with Loui and Smith/Connolly/newly acquired W.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Spooner for me. He's fast and force Lucic to move his feet. They were also pruductive late in the season.

Lucic-Spooner-Pasta should start together.

As for Krejci, I would try to see if I can get a top-D or a top-W in return in a trade. If that can happen, do it. If not, put him with Loui and Smith/Connolly/newly acquired W.

Couldn`t agree more Jean

That Spooner line almost carried the team for the last month. Ya know, appreciate all that DK is and all he has done here but this game is getting fast, and he isn`t close to that. I want speed, look at the top 4 teams left, all can outright fly

riverhawkey91

May 22, 2011
Lowell, MA
I voted Spooner, but it will most likely be Krejci.

Lucic is and has been our only first-line LW for the last 7 or so years, and Pastrnak is already looking like he'll be our next legit first-line RW. If you're going to keep Lucic-Spooner-Pasta together, does that make Krejci our 3C? If so, 7 mil for a 3C...yikes.

ThorntonFightClub*

Apr 21, 2015
Providence, RI
Like the balance of Looch with Spooner and Pasta.

-Spooner and Pasta force Lucic to move his feet and skate.
-Lucic creates a ton of space for Spooner and Pasta to skate and create

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Lucic needs someone to force him to skate. DK doesn't do that. Spooner does.

People need to realize that when Lucic plays with Spooner and Pasta he is playing on the third line, thus he is not up against the top two lines of whoever they are playing. Spooner does not make Lucic skate any different, the fact Lucic isn't up against the top six of the opposition is what makes him to APPEAR to skate faster.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Doesn't make much sense to have a 7m center on your third line or if Lucic plays with the kid, now you have 6.5m winger on your third line, not very good financial management.

I think people are getting too worried about"Loui is get paid 4.5M and is playing on the 3rd line!" or"You can't pay a 6.5M W to play on your 3rd line!"

What is a 3rd line? For me, this is the 3rd most used line at ES. Nothing more.

People were calling Loui a 3rd liner last year cause he was playing on the Yeti line. Yet, he was the most used forward on the team at 18min28sec/game.

As for the Lucic-Spooner-Pasta line, this is a scoring line. Period. And one that was kind of very good at it when put together late in the season. Call it a 3rd line if you want. That label has no meaning.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I think I'd at least start off with these 3 pairs:

Lucic-Krejci-X
Marchand-Bergeron-X
X-Spooner-Pastrnak

Then probably Smith with Bergeron, Connolly with Krejci, and Eriksson with the kids. Looch with this kids would be a very quick fallback option if Looch/Krech don't get it going though.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
It all depends on who comes in over the summah. In a perfect world you would put Looch back with Krejci and have Connolly or Eriksson on the right, and for the kids line you would put someone big, fast but responsible there too, who that player is? No idea.

If Boston can find themselves a big left winger that will do what Looch used to i'd stick him with Krejci, but again, with 0 cap space we're pretty short on options. I like Looch with the kids though, but he shouldn't 'have' to play with them to get his feet moving. They should be moving anyway, let's see how his first few games fthe season go, contract year, maybe he will watch this seasons play over the break and realise what a potato he was.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Lucic's best seasons were when he was with Krejci. He looked great with Spooner and Pastrnak, but if it were up to me he'd be with Krejci and Pastrnak.

Lucic-Krejci-Pasta would no doubt be a great line.

I have to think that for years, our best line will always be linked to Pasta.

Three Dog

Apr 12, 2015
I'm not so sure we'll see Krejci and Spooner both on the team next year. I hope they both are, but I have my suspicions that Spooner will be packaged with Smith or a Kelly in order to sweeten a deal with out going players when theyre looking to clear some space.

........but the question itself, I think it depends on who/if they acquire to play on RW with Krejci. If its the right fit, then I'd start with lucic back on the Krejci line, and whoever the RW is. (but that requires the right piece to make that line a force).

.........does anyone recall Pasta being put out with Krecji this past season? I don't recall that happenning. Wondering how well theyd fit together.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Are people still believing Chris Stewart is coming to Boston? It is not gonna happen. Boston should be kicking the Ducks door down and asking them if Ritchie is at all on the table which he probably isn't but it would be silly not to ask. He is a proper Bruin and if he grew here we'd have Lucic 2.0

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
I think I'd at least start off with these 3 pairs:

Lucic-Krejci-X
Marchand-Bergeron-X
X-Spooner-Pastrnak

Then probably Smith with Bergeron, Connolly with Krejci, and Eriksson with the kids. Looch with this kids would be a very quick fallback option if Looch/Krech don't get it going though.

That's what I'd lean towards, though I do think at least one of those forwards won't be here next season.

I like Loui on that line to hopefully get the kids a little more trust from Claude with Loui's defensive ability.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
I think people are getting too worried about"Loui is get paid 4.5M and is playing on the 3rd line!" or"You can't pay a 6.5M W to play on your 3rd line!"

What is a 3rd line? For me, this is the 3rd most used line at ES. Nothing more.

People were calling Loui a 3rd liner last year cause he was playing on the Yeti line. Yet, he was the most used forward on the team at 18min28sec/game.

As for the Lucic-Spooner-Pasta line, this is a scoring line. Period. And one that was kind of very good at it when put together late in the season. Call it a 3rd line if you want. That label has no meaning.

Pretty sure Bergy played more minutes, plus Loui worked both the PK and PP that is why his minutes were up where they were. Again if you are paying guys 7m and 6.5m and they are not in your top six, your cap management needs some work. Label or not it makes zero sense.

roguepatriot

Jun 24, 2010
Of course this depends on who is there at the start of the season; but if nothing else, Spooner brings out the leader in Lucic. IF Lucic and Krech are together, they need to trade for a quality shoot first RW. This could be a short term deal on the assumption Connelly will develop for the following year, but they need to sort out this issue if they want a real 1st scoring line rather than work on the spread the talent philosophy from the end of these season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad