Do you have any plans for WHEN the Leafs make the finals / win the cup?

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Not looking forward to it in a sense, because I've always told people they'll win the Cup the day I die. Good news I guess, at least then I can go happy. :handclap:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Ignore em, why they even bothered to reply I dont understand. Its a fun thread.

For me unfortunately I cant disclose anything for fear of certain agencies having a physical record of my plans but there would be fun..... And chaos in other fanbases. No riots, but fun.

:laugh::laugh:

Tall Morty

Visualize the action to actualize the vision
Apr 18, 2017
I've thought about this seriously. If I am still alive when the Leafs win the Cup (at my age this is not being morbid but realistic) I'll go visit my father's grave. Dad grew up on a homestead in Saskatchewan and in the dirty thirties listened with his father every Saturday night to Foster Hewitt broadcasting from Maple Leaf Gardens. I grew up hearing him tell stories about the Leafs of that era, King Clancy, Red Horner, Charlie Conacher etc, players he never actually saw in their day. The magic of old radio! We watched the 60's Cup winners together and he was furious when Stafford Smythe and Harold Ballard fired Punch Imlach. He wrote a letter of support and sympathy to Punch that was so touching that Mrs. Imlach kept it and returned it to me twenty five years later. Dad was a fine Christian gentleman and rarely spoke ill of people. Harold Ballard was an exception.

Now, I don't believe his spirit is hovering around the grave or anything like that, but it will give me pleasure to doff my Leafs cap and say, "Dad, Harold Ballard is long gone and the Leafs finally won the Cup!"

And if I am gone by then, I hope one of my sons will do the same for me.

I overheard my older son tell stories about his childhood and he included the line, "Dad never yelled at us, just the Leafs." That's worth a visit!

Very cool stuff.

When the Leafs win the cup, I'll probably be extremely elated for about 10 minutes, finish off whatever bag of Cheetos I'm eating and go to bed because I've got work in the morning.

I'm a realist, not a romantic ;)

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Probably eat and drink too much then hold my Boston Terrier/Pug over my head like I'm holding the cup while my wife yells at me to put him down.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Its not even august yet lol

anyways, i'll probably head to the parade and thats about it

Chalms55

Jul 12, 2012
Toronto
Not sure exactly what I will have planned, I just know that I will be an emotional mess.
I'll likely salute my Grandpa.
I'll thank my wife for putting up with my crazy Leafs fandom. She has already made peace with the fact that the Leafs winning the cup is the only thing that would surpass our wedding day as the best day of my life lol.
I will definitely be at the cup parade.

LighthouseKeepr

Jun 11, 2015
Outside Moncton, NB
Making sure my drug stash is substantial. Not watching it with annoying family members who find it necessary to make derisive comments at any opportunity and scream SHOOT at annoyingly critical moments.

Sorry dad , you're cut.

Seeing as I was born in the early 70's and the Leafs have never come close to winning the Stanley Cup in my lifetime it goes without saying that I had always hoped the time would come to where I could watch and experience my first Leafs Championship with my father, sadly he passed away in 2013! :(

Don't be so quick to brush off the experience as the opportunity may never come again!

Last edited:

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Seeing as I was born in the early 70's and the Leafs have never come close to winning the Stanley Cup in my lifetime it goes without saying that I had always hoped the time would come to where I could watch and experience my first Leafs Championship with my father, sadly he passed away in 2013! :(

Don't be so quick to brush off the experience as the opportunity may never come again!

I'm sorry for your loss. I'm blessed to have young healthy parents and had all 4 grandparents alive until 1 passed last summer.

My father has lots of options to watch the game with people tho. Probably his girlfriend and her kids. I will be a basketcase, probably have substantial bets on every game, high, nervous and likely just watching with a couple close friends who don't hurl abuse at the players and scream SHOOT THE GOD DAMN PUCK 10 times a period. If you had my loud immigrant dad at your side all the time you'd feel this way too :laugh:

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
I'd like to say I'll be at Maple Leaf Square but most likely I'll be at home watching the game with my kids. That's definitely something I'd want to share with them. We'll be down there for the parade though.

I'll probably blubber like an idiot too.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
I'd like to say I'll be at Maple Leaf Square but most likely I'll be at home watching the game with my kids. That's definitely something I'd want to share with them. We'll be down there for the parade though.

I'll probably blubber like an idiot too.

I like the sounds of that, especially sharing it with my 12 year old Habs fan of a son...... That will be good.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
I've thought about this seriously. If I am still alive when the Leafs win the Cup (at my age this is not being morbid but realistic) I'll go visit my father's grave. Dad grew up on a homestead in Saskatchewan and in the dirty thirties listened with his father every Saturday night to Foster Hewitt broadcasting from Maple Leaf Gardens. I grew up hearing him tell stories about the Leafs of that era, King Clancy, Red Horner, Charlie Conacher etc, players he never actually saw in their day. The magic of old radio! We watched the 60's Cup winners together and he was furious when Stafford Smythe and Harold Ballard fired Punch Imlach. He wrote a letter of support and sympathy to Punch that was so touching that Mrs. Imlach kept it and returned it to me twenty five years later. Dad was a fine Christian gentleman and rarely spoke ill of people. Harold Ballard was an exception.

Now, I don't believe his spirit is hovering around the grave or anything like that, but it will give me pleasure to doff my Leafs cap and say, "Dad, Harold Ballard is long gone and the Leafs finally won the Cup!"

And if I am gone by then, I hope one of my sons will do the same for me.

I overheard my older son tell stories about his childhood and he included the line, "Dad never yelled at us, just the Leafs." That's worth a visit!

Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Visit my Uncles grave to let him know it finally happened. He was always my go to diehard buddy. We would text back and forth during games all the time. Passed away just before the big blow up of the Kessel/Phaneuf core. He'd love this new group. He was the first person I thought of when we made the playoffs this year.

I would also get a Leafs tattoo, that's for sure.

Probably also cash in some vacation time and go on a week long bender.

WWB

Jun 30, 2010
Ontario
I already have the week after they win the cup booked off work...my boss just laughs and say I'll never get the chance to use that week...it's coming though...it's gonna be great!!

Keato

Apr 9, 2016
Winnipeg, MB
Cry for a good while, most likely.

I do have a list of people who I would have to hunt down after years of mockery and derision, but that would probably take a while :laugh:

Team First

Jul 18, 2010
Ever since I was young and fit, I have stated that the minute that cup is won I will run around the block naked. It won't be pretty....:ghost2:

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
If they make the finals some day . . . hmm. Despite the fact that it's one wife and two kids later, I'd probably do the same thing I was planning on doing while watching Wayne Gretzky smash my dreams. Gather with my group of old buddies and watch at someone's house. Then after a fourth win, climb in a car or possibly walk down Yonge Street, and slap hands with every damn fan we meet.

(myself and another are the hardcore fans, but we always stick together for big events. It was the same for the 92/92 Jays victories, and for baseball it was the three non-hockey guys who are bigger baseball fans)

Although in retrospect . . . I would HAVE to have my son with me. He's a huge hockey fan now and is in love with the game, so it'd be me and my boy with a couple of the other sons involved too.

And I'd have to make a couple of toasts to my departed dad, he was a faithful watcher of the Leafs with me when I was a boy, and never tired of being pissed off about the Ballard era.

Well, it's nice to dream about things, when it appears there's a bright future just around the corner ...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad