Do you have any plans for WHEN the Leafs make the finals / win the cup?

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I know we usually do these types of threads talking about TDL rituals or draft rituals. I am wondering if you have ever thought about how you will celebrate or if you just won't care?

For me, I have a "Cup fund" going, where I am saving so much money each month. Eventually, I plan to fly out to Toronto (Native was born and raised but moved as an adult out east) to catch a game in the finals if I can, if not I'd be happy outside with the rest of the fans.

Then I plan on staying there, going to various bars and taking part in all the things in the city. If we win, I plan on partying and being there for the parade before coming back home.

What about you guys? Will you throw a party? Have a massive heart attack and get sent to Robidas island? Streak naked down your neighborhood?

I've seen some interesting ones, such as people promising to get married once the Leafs win the cup etc.

AustonMitchWilly

Jul 3, 2013
Other than a tattoo, no.

I do want to go the cup parade. As long as I go to one playoff game during their run, I'd be pleased. I live far away from YYZ now unfortunately.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Probably drink too much.

Probably yell at people who are being negative.

Try and get to a game, or at the very least, outside the ACC

Go to Vancouver and riot

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Cart ------> Horse

Seems kind of like figuring out how to spend your Lotto 649 winnings before the draw has even happened. ;)

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
Unless you're in the "elite" with insanely good connections it's laughable to think you're getting your hands on a SCF ticket in Toronto through any "Cup fund".

My goal would be to be in the city to celebrate with Leafs Nation.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Depends how old I am. I was in the Dome in 93 and went crazy with everyone else but I was only 28 at the time.

Hopefully it's a home game and I need to fight my way out of The ACC.

Unless you're in the "elite" with insanely good connections it's laughable to think you're getting your hands on a SCF ticket in Toronto through any "Cup fund".

I had tickets to the Final many times including last season. Leafs never met me there though.

Last edited:

AustonMitchWilly

Jul 3, 2013

Or he just saves up enough and buys it on stubhub. Single tickets can be found even in the most intense of events

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
I would head down to toronto around game 4-5 of the series and would hang out at maple leafs square for a few games. I would have to at least be in the city with all my fellow crazy leafs fans.

Thread The Needle

I have no strong feelings one way or the other.
Nov 28, 2016
Detroit
Depends on when. The longer it takes the more likely I'll be at the ACC. If it takes really long I'll be on the ice as an apparition.

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
Or he just saves up enough and buys it on stubhub. Single tickets can be found even in the most intense of events

It could get into 4 or 5 figures for a single ticket.

Most of "the most intense of events" would pale in comparison to Toronto for a SCF.

Normal people aren't just going to be buying tickets on stubhub like it's a Thursday night vs Florida.

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
Well I will be living close to T-dot during their run, so as long as I am in the city. The positive vibes would be incredible and electric.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Making sure my drug stash is substantial. Not watching it with annoying family members who find it necessary to make derisive comments at any opportunity and scream SHOOT at annoyingly critical moments.

Sorry dad , you're cut.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Not to end up in the drunk tank for my antics down Yonge Street.

On a more serious note, watch it with very close family and friends, who I can trust not to ask me anything stupid. Anyone who has trouble grasping concepts like off-sides or any penalty is cut.

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
I've thought about this seriously. If I am still alive when the Leafs win the Cup (at my age this is not being morbid but realistic) I'll go visit my father's grave. Dad grew up on a homestead in Saskatchewan and in the dirty thirties listened with his father every Saturday night to Foster Hewitt broadcasting from Maple Leaf Gardens. I grew up hearing him tell stories about the Leafs of that era, King Clancy, Red Horner, Charlie Conacher etc, players he never actually saw in their day. The magic of old radio! We watched the 60's Cup winners together and he was furious when Stafford Smythe and Harold Ballard fired Punch Imlach. He wrote a letter of support and sympathy to Punch that was so touching that Mrs. Imlach kept it and returned it to me twenty five years later. Dad was a fine Christian gentleman and rarely spoke ill of people. Harold Ballard was an exception.

Now, I don't believe his spirit is hovering around the grave or anything like that, but it will give me pleasure to doff my Leafs cap and say, "Dad, Harold Ballard is long gone and the Leafs finally won the Cup!"

And if I am gone by then, I hope one of my sons will do the same for me.

I overheard my older son tell stories about his childhood and he included the line, "Dad never yelled at us, just the Leafs." That's worth a visit!

Auston Powers

May 16, 2016
Toronto
I've thought about this seriously. If I am still alive when the Leafs win the Cup (at my age this is not being morbid but realistic) I'll go visit my father's grave. Dad grew up on a homestead in Saskatchewan and in the dirty thirties listened with his father every Saturday night to Foster Hewitt broadcasting from Maple Leaf Gardens. I grew up hearing him tell stories about the Leafs of that era, King Clancy, Red Horner, Charlie Conacher etc, players he never actually saw in their day. The magic of old radio! We watched the 60's Cup winners together and he was furious when Stafford Smythe and Harold Ballard fired Punch Imlach. He wrote a letter of support and sympathy to Punch that was so touching that Mrs. Imlach kept it and returned it to me twenty five years later. Dad was a fine Christian gentleman and rarely spoke ill of people. Harold Ballard was an exception.

Now, I don't believe his spirit is hovering around the grave or anything like that, but it will give me pleasure to doff my Leafs cap and say, "Dad, Harold Ballard is long gone and the Leafs finally won the Cup!"

I overheard my older son tell stories about his childhood and he included the line, "Dad never yelled at us, just the Leafs." That's worth a visit!

Totally awesome. Thanks for sharing that. :nod:

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010

That was a nice read. :handclap:

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Being born in the late 60's, I would probably finally release a flood of emotions built up during decades of being a fan. The distress, fear, helplessness, guilt, shame and anger would all come out. After months of this, hopefully my family will see to it I get help.
I will be diagnosed with Leaf-related PTSD. I will start smoking marijuana to control the symptoms. I will buy a Mitch Marner jersey and tie-dye it. I will start growing my own vegetables.

Goonface2k14

Nov 25, 2009
Maple Leaf Gardens
I'll head to the parade wearing a 1987 Allan Bester #30 replica Leaf jersey, holding up a sign that reads "Be-Leaf", because that was how and when it all first started for me.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Cart ------> Horse

Seems kind of like figuring out how to spend your Lotto 649 winnings before the draw has even happened. ;)

This.

It's n ice to be positive and confident and all, but let's win a few playoff series before even thinking about it

okay so if it said "if" would that be better?

it's summer. let them dream about things that make them happy. let logic come to play in October.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Do you think Babs would say if? Hell no, I think the lot of you need to learn how to be real guud pro's and expect success.

okay. but read what i was quoting to, and it would be obvious why I said if.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
okay. but read what i was quoting to, and it would be obvious why I said if.

Ignore em, why they even bothered to reply I dont understand. Its a fun thread.

For me unfortunately I cant disclose anything for fear of certain agencies having a physical record of my plans but there would be fun..... And chaos in other fanbases. No riots, but fun.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad