Do you hate/dislike the Bruins any more since this series started?

RoyalGremlin

The future is now.
Jun 19, 2007
Theyre just an incredibly boring team to watch. I dont know how their fans live with themselves. I voted no cause i just dont really care.

saint2e

Aug 4, 2005
Kitchener, Ontario
To be fair, I'm sure the scouting report on the Leafs is just wait for them to shoot themselves in the foot, and then take advantage. Kinda boring, but also kinda smart.

it's a pretty solid strategy.

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
i dont hate or dislike them more at all.

- They are just plain better

I have never seen so many turnovers in my life like the leafs did last night. We are such a terrible team with puck management. Always hemmed in our zone as well. No Cycle game.

good experience atleast to learn for incoming years

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Theyre just an incredibly boring team to watch. I dont know how their fans live with themselves. I voted no cause i just dont really care.

A bit overdramatic, aren't we? :laugh:

I'm sure it's a lot easier to enjoy 'boring' hockey when it's producing favourable results for your team...like actual wins.

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
Lucic bothers me

"We took them a bit too lightly in game 2 thinking it would be easy, so we just had come out a bit harder this time and same for game 4"

Kbs

Jun 30, 2008
London ON
Lucic bothers me

"We took them a bit too lightly in game 2 thinking it would be easy, so we just had come out a bit harder this time and same for game 4"

Is that what Lucic said? I think we screwed ourselves over more than them playing harder against us. O'Byrne turnover, Kessel turnover, and the shot that fooled Reimer.

RoyalGremlin

The future is now.
Jun 19, 2007
A bit overdramatic, aren't we? :laugh:

I'm sure it's a lot easier to enjoy 'boring' hockey when it's producing favourable results for your team...like actual wins.

I was at the game last night, sure its better if we win but every game we play against them usually isnt exciting hockey. Their style is so stifling, Id havr more fun watching them play Columbus ffs.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007

I'm ready and waiting for our Leafs to bore me to no end if it means winning a gal darn Stanley Cup championship. :Yawns:

Bring on the boredom, and, the wins! ;)

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
No.

A select few Bruins fans on here have been getting on my nerves more though. Most seem decent.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Not really. They're outplaying us and taking advantage of our mistakes. That's sports.

Tuukkaraski

Mar 25, 2013
Each fanbase has turdballs. Not much you can do about that. As a more calm/level headed Bruin's fan, I made it to my first home game back in March against the Habs. I saw firsthand the douchery that people talk about from fans. Some people are just way too wound up at the game, and the fact that they can drink sure doesn't help with some folks. I went there to enjoy the game but sadly I was surrounded by some turdball fans who consistently yelled obscenities and stuck their middle finger up at Habs fans, but it was very entertaining and I would do it again anytime if I did not live so far away.

That said, I think the Leaf's are a good team and would love to see them succeed just not against the Bruins since I am a B's fan. But as others have said, our hatred for the Habs and love of the game stands out above all. Good luck with the remaining series.

Last edited:

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Very mild, tame series - hard to hate when all the talking points of the series so far, have been hockey-related talking points.

There hasn't been much anger or hate or dirty/questionable plays in this series. The one that crossed the line (Ference) was dealt with efficiently and appropriately by the league.

Maybe the Leafs need a bit more "anger" in their game

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
To be fair, I'm sure the scouting report on the Leafs is just wait for them to shoot themselves in the foot, and then take advantage. Kinda boring, but also kinda smart.

it's a pretty solid strategy.

Personally that's my scouting report, but I'm not exactly qualified to coach a professional hockey team. Honestly, I would NOT doubt if Julien has implemented similar strategies in these three games though.

I don't really think there's been anything worthy of hate in this series yet, outside of the Ference suspension and the Phaneuf non suspension, neither of which I thought were egregious enough for discipline. It's been a decent 3 game series so far, and I expect the intensity to just ramp up even more this week.

Last edited:

leafstilldeath*

Except for the biggest monkey crap on the planet (read: Marchand) I do not really hate Boston. Just dislike them because they are playing against Leafs ;)

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Pretty tame series. I didn't like them before, but it's pretty much the same now.

I still hate Marchand though.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
With the exception of Marchand, Ference, and Chara I don't really hate the Bruins that much. Personally I hate their fans a lot more ever since they started with the "Thank you Kessel" chant, because it got very annoying.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
I was a little mad at the Ference elbow, but this has been a great series and I've always had a great amount of respect for Boston. If they win this series, I'll gladly cheer for them the rest of the way.
Same. I like the Sens, too, though. ;)

The Sens team is different from years past and I don't see anything bad about them.

I think the Bruins and Sens would be good teams to make it out of the Conference although I have a soft spot for Pittsburgh, too. Those are the only three teams I would cheer for - if the Leafs are eliminated.

The Bruins are not as bad as some fans try to make them out but I still don't have much sympathy for Marchand. He might be the only player on that team that I can't say yes or no about whether I respect (him) as a player. I like every other player on the Bruins even Ference. Seguin, though, has apparently done some stupid things. :)

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
Oh, I forgot... I like the Isles, too. Their fans aren't too bad. They have to deal with the Rangers and Flyers fans. :)

But, I have no change in how I feel about the Bruins. There's bad and good fans for every team. 'Thank you Kessel' might be annoying for Leaf fans but you know some fans will chant that, what can ya do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad