Do you hate/dislike the Bruins any more since this series started?

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
Naw. They're playing good hockey and, outside of say, Marchant, they haven't been brutal or anything.

Nothing can take the place of my seething disgust of the Ottawa Senators.

Even Montreal man. I'm no fan of theirs but I'd rather see the Habs lift a cup than Ottawa. Been an Anaheim Ducks bandwagoner ever since 2007 thanks to them stopping the unthinkable.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
It's funny I hated the Bruins more years ago, I don't even have a hate on for them this playoffs, for those that remember, I hated the Sens when we played them 10+ years ago, The NY Isles was one of the most dirty and physical one's Leafs were ever apart of, I hated them perhaps the most. But Bruins, not feeling it.

grenade

Jan 6, 2009
mountains
No less than before. I wanna hate marchand, but then thats what he wants. He plays his role perfectly and I hate that I like it.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Meh. not really. ill hate them a whole lot more if (when?) we lose this series. i just cant stand seguin though, and that has nothing to do with the trade.

Same here to be completely honest, and that's no lie. I think it's just the look on his face, just looks like such a ****** bag. I remember people on HF saying a while back that people that knew him said he's an ass as well.

Frustrating loss tonight, but overall, I hate the Bruins the same as I always have.

SwissLeaf

Feb 6, 2012
I kind of like the Bruins. Hard for me to hate them, besides Marchand and Chara.

ecotone

Jun 7, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Yes mostly after tonight, and all the comments over the Toronto fanbase due to the 1 guy who had that stronger sign at the square. Like *some Boston sports fans can talk about class with a straight face

more the fanbase, not the team yet

Last edited:

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Meh. not really. ill hate them a whole lot more if (when?) we lose this series. i just cant stand seguin though, and that has nothing to do with the trade.

Dude me too. He's just got an extremely hate-able face and a shht attitude.

Plus he wears my favorite number :rant:

And who the hell tattoos their own name onto their arm...?

Mar 26, 2010
I hate Boston and we can 100% beat them!

They are very beatable.

TheKule

Jun 3, 2011
Nope. When they beat the Leafs they beat them fair and square, can't be angry about that.

I despise the Red Sox though, so there's some bleed over.

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
I hate the bruins but this series has been all class and about hockey imo. This series has just shown how big a ***** marchand is

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013
Meh, I don't dislike the bruins but I dislike the fans a bit.

Some of their fans are Pejorative Slured, but so are ours. I used to hate the fact that they taunt Kessel all the time but I realized the other night Kessel to them is what Alfredsson or Subban is to us - we boo the crap out of them. I'm over that now. I just wish Kessel would embrace it now and start feeding off it. I'd love to hear him say how nice it is 4 years later to still come home to Boston and hear his name chanted, just to screw with the fans.

Another thing I hate about their fans is they're so confident they were gonna sweep us. I feel like they don't realize this isn't the same Leafs team that was losing 7-0 and while Boston is without a doubt a better team this season, the Leafs are still more than capable of giving them a run for their money and taking this to 6 or 7 games. I guess its the cockiness. They were in the same boat as Toronto going what, 41 years? without a cup, win it 2 years ago and then out in the first round last year and they see themselves as the Kings still. I feel the Bruins players respect that the Leafs are a better team, but the fanbase can't grasp it. (But you can probably say that about most teams)

Also I can't stand them whining about X player diving etc if they actually didnt dive. When it comes to that kinda stuff the Bruins are the joke of the NHL, so seeing their fans complaining about other teams just doesn't sit right.

I will say in my opinion, of all the possible matchups in the east, if the Leafs take this series vs the Bruins to 6 or 7 games win or lose, Carlyle just earned the Leafs the respect he wanted. Any opposing fan that disagrees is an uneducated idiot.

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
For most of it it's been very good hockey. Not a lot of cheap shots, dirty plays. And it's been good fast hockey with good hits, excitement, scoring and controversy.

In a ways I actually hate them less if that makes sense.

Most of their casual fans are dumbasses though. There are plenty of good Boston fans who post on HF though.

EDIT: Oh but I still hate Toucan Sam.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
I hate the Habs and Senaturds so much, there's no hate left over for the Bruins!

I'd rather lose to the Bruins than either of the Habs or Sens!

Me too, this Habs Sens series.....the joy of watching one doing poorly is cancelled out. Whoever plays the winner becomes my second favorite team by default. At least for one series.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
No less than before. I wanna hate marchand, but then thats what he wants. He plays his role perfectly and I hate that I like it.

Great post and sums up how I feel about most Bruin players. Boston is one of the teams i enjoy a win against the most but the is just not there.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I hate Boston and we can 100% beat them!

They are very beatable.

If they were that beatable, how come we're down 2 games to 1 and not up by 1 game.

I think our team needs to realize that they're playing a team that is very capable! Our team needs to acknowledge, and, even respect the Bruin's abilities and go out and outhit, outwit, and outwork them. I feel our Leafs are playing with a fragile mentality that allows themselves to lose their focus as a team. When we lose focus, we make stupid mistakes like giveaways and blown coverages.

Our team needs to play a simple, but aggressive, mistake free game.

Stephen23

Aug 22, 2009
Halifax, NS
No, I still have respect for them and their fans. I do however think we could win, just have to stop making so many mistakes.

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
I like Boston. No diving or whining. Just honest hockey. Night and day when you compare them to the whiny diving scum bag canadiens.

ungentrified

Jan 18, 2013
Not really, they do not feel impossible to beat (like in 2011-2012) and what's happening on the ice isn't any more heated than most of the other series.

The only thing that annoys me is the patronizing attitude that some of their fans take about the Leafs being a pushover team, and some of them wanting to constantly remind us about the "trades".

Havoq

Havoq
Apr 24, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Don't dislike Boston for any reason besides the fact they have had our number over the last few years.

However, Marchand is in my list of least liked players in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad