Do you even want the playoffs or stanley cup awarded this year for the Leafs?

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
I personally am a huge leaf fan and honestly I dont want the playoffs or cup awarded this year....especially to the leafs. Would it feel as good as it should? How would our celebration look? Can we even go to bars to watch the games? Can we party downtown if we win?

When we win, it needs to be big. I dont want this COVID thing to be stopping up from celebrating or even feeling like it was earned. These weird playoffs formats and all. Doughty was right in my opinion. It wont be the same for who wins this year.

Cancel the season and start fresh next year. Just my opinion. What do you guys think?

xxOCZMSxx

Jan 20, 2015
I’d take anything Leafs related at this point.
Bring on the marathon war of attrition that will be the playoffs.
Whoever wins the Stanley cup this year will have definitely earned it.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Yeah, easily. The problem is the Leafs will probably have to play a brief series against Buffalo for a playoff spot, and I can easily see the Leafs losing that

Reactions: stickty111

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Yes, just award it to the leafs, no need to play. They should win for the best pandemic roster moves.:sarcasm:

You know what? A flat out sprint to the cup, even in front of half empty stadiums would be strange but still awesome. Maybe lottery the seats. People 2 metres apart. Small gatherings. Watching on TV or Cinemas in 4K with play by play, small gatherings in bars by then. I’d love it.

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
I personally am a huge leaf fan and honestly I dont want the playoffs or cup awarded this year....especially to the leafs. Would it feel as good as it should? How would our celebration look? Can we even go to bars to watch the games? Can we party downtown if we win?

When we win, it needs to be big. I dont want this COVID thing to be stopping up from celebrating or even feeling like it was earned. These weird playoffs formats and all. Doughty was right in my opinion. It wont be the same for who wins this year.

Cancel the season and start fresh next year. Just my opinion. What do you guys think?

Anyone who wants the season cancelled isn't a real hockey fan.

If the Leafs win the cup this year i would be thrilled. I would count it as a legit cup win. Whoever doesnt is wrong.

This is the first time in my life that I don't completely disagree with someone saying that someone else "isn't a real hockey fan." I mean, if you just straight up don't want hockey, then ya. That's the definition of "not a fan," isn't it?

Who wouldn't want (potentially) a less enjoyable Cup win over nothing at all? And who says it would mean less this season? With people living through this COVID garbage, maybe it would be the most meaningful and emotionally impactfull Cup win?

Reactions: sittler rules!!!

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Self isolation or not, if the leafs win I’ll be celebrating. Regardless how it looks, it will be a celebration one way or another. Than they can win again in the next few years. This team is highly competitive now and our window was open after those huge contracts, why would you want to waste an opportunity?

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Some of you weren’t around in 92 and 93 when the Jays won and the buzz around the team and the city and country was incredible. The last run they were on was fun too but they didn’t get to the World Series.
If the Leafs were to go on a run it would be cruel not to have the fans involved.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I would take the win just like any other. It is not like it has any less meaning. If anything there are a lot more challenges. Never before has a team had to come back after 2 or 3 months off and ramp up to an intensity level needed to win a cup.

Could care less if there are no fans in the stadiums. It would be on TV so it is not like they are not going to be able to see the action live. Physically being there or around other people is meaningless to me, and really should not be a huge deal to other people if it means bringing a Cup back to Toronto (especially for the first time in like 50+ years).

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
This franchise has gone 16ish years withiut a playoff series win and 50+ years without a cup.

Leafs fans dont have the luxury to be picky about the circumstances of potentially getting picky about when and how they win a cup.

Aside from a personal desire to watch sports due to bordem, pragmatically the Leafs need to maximize their cup chances while Matthews, Marner and Nylander are under contract

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I also think need to get passed thrbidea of changing to how the league runs things.

The league constantly changes on ice rules, it changes the way teams make the playoffs, even the number of teams in the league changes.

Teams that won after they ditched the two line pass arent any less deserving because they did so under different cirumstances. Even if they change it to a best of 5 series, as long as all playoff teams face the same circumstances theres no big deal from me...

Edit: typo

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad