Do you believe in Miracles?

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I may not be able to bring myself to believe that we'll make the playoffs, but there's one thing I do believe, that I won't be posting in the inevitable "who are you rooting to win the SC" thread.

Rat Trick

#CatsAreComing
Apr 23, 2014
Lol my wife isnt a fan but she hates how much stress and energy I put on hockey. Joke is on her, NBA playoffs start April 15th lol...And my Mavs, who I havent watched in over a month since all my energies was on the Panthers, have been slumping. Go figure. But....they are also a reason why I believe in miracles since 2011 happened. That whole playoff run was nothing short of magical. Absolutely magical.

And you are right, October (18th) will come quick, especially for me. We are planning our marriage ceremony (we only got our Court done and marriage license done so we dont have to do that in October), so will be doing tons of wedding planning (have done some already) so it will fly quickly.

But, this season isnt over yet! No Joke I still believe.......plus it helps alleviate stress. Life as an accountant isnt always fun ya know?

Yeah, it will. Ours are ten days from now. Just a moment ago we had like half a year time to do the planning and everything and wait what, now just few days :help: Good luck to yours, but remember - time really flies.. ;)

And yeah, that is the main reason for believing 'til we are mathematically out. Otherwise we need drive up to Tampa watch some playoffs hockey on our honeymoon (also my first NHL game live ever) so im a little bit desperation mode right now. And the rest of the season.

So please Hockey Gods, make it happen! :handclap: C'mon!!

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
Lol my wife isnt a fan but she hates how much stress and energy I put on hockey. Joke is on her, NBA playoffs start April 15th lol...And my Mavs, who I havent watched in over a month since all my energies was on the Panthers, have been slumping. Go figure. But....they are also a reason why I believe in miracles since 2011 happened. That whole playoff run was nothing short of magical. Absolutely magical.

And you are right, October (18th) will come quick, especially for me. We are planning our marriage ceremony (we only got our Court done and marriage license done so we dont have to do that in October), so will be doing tons of wedding planning (have done some already) so it will fly quickly.

But, this season isnt over yet! No Joke I still believe.......plus it helps alleviate stress. Life as an accountant isnt always fun ya know?

Dude, I had no idea you were an accountant.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Dude, I had no idea you were an accountant.

Lol not many can guess. I don't "carry" myself as such.

kind of an eclectic individual.

Accountant, comic nerd, plays video games (less now than before thanks to married life) that goes to the gym every night and plays sports regularly.

Yea..... Lol. not many peg me as the nerdy type at all..

SeasonTicket

Sep 5, 2006
As long as your not mathematically out there is always a chance. So yes I believe in miracles till that point.

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida

Accountant, comic nerd, plays video games (less now than before thanks to married life) that goes to the gym every night and plays sports regularly.

At first I thought its you in your avatar.
40fWc1A.jpg

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
I am also joining the miracle bandwagon. Stranger things have happened and until we are mathematically eliminated, I refuse to give up.

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL

Haha I'm working on becoming an accountant as well. Studying for the CPA right now (kill me). Aside from comics, we're pretty similar.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Haha I'm working on becoming an accountant as well. Studying for the CPA right now (kill me). Aside from comics, we're pretty similar.

I myself will not be going after a CPA. My degree is actually in Information Systems LOL.....but california Job market sucks. I was working as a Business Systems Analyst. I got the opportunity to become an accountant for more pay, I took it so! Haha

No CPA for me though....Heeeeeccckkkk no

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I am also joining the miracle bandwagon. Stranger things have happened and until we are mathematically eliminated, I refuse to give up.

Yep! That's the spirit. Just in the last decade I've seen so many "miracles".

How many times do they say "the last team that came back down 3-0 in a series" blah blah, and its happened, what, 3? 4 times the last decade?

How about both Giants super bowl wins?

My Mavs winning the 2011 finals?

The Panthers getting led into the playoffs with a top-line of Versteeg-Weiss-Flash. Seriously though, yea they played well, but think about that for a second......

And didnt it happen to the Dolphins? They need 1 win their last 2 to clinch the playoffs, they obviously lost, chargers lost, Ravens sneak in and WIN?

And I found a woman to marry me. Thats a miracle in itself :naughty:

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
I myself will not be going after a CPA. My degree is actually in Information Systems LOL.....but california Job market sucks. I was working as a Business Systems Analyst. I got the opportunity to become an accountant for more pay, I took it so! Haha

No CPA for me though....Heeeeeccckkkk no

Interesting. I always wished I studied something with computers in college, but I didn't have enough time. Lucky for me, though, I'm one of those freaks who actually loves accounting lol.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Interesting. I always wished I studied something with computers in college, but I didn't have enough time. Lucky for me, though, I'm one of those freaks who actually loves accounting lol.

you know what, its not that bad Ill admit. But depends on what industry you deal with I guess.

Also, I guess what software you use. My company uses Sage MAS, and it's a simple software to use.

Btw, if you can do and enjoy accounting, you can join the miracle bandwagon ;);)

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
you know what, its not that bad Ill admit. But depends on what industry you deal with I guess.

Also, I guess what software you use. My company uses Sage MAS, and it's a simple software to use.

Btw, if you can do and enjoy accounting, you can join the miracle bandwagon ;);)

I never left the bandwagon! Anything can happen until they're mathematically eliminated.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
If we can gain 2 pts Thursday night, all we have to do is gain 1 more point by that next boston game to have a chance... if we're 3 back when we play boston then that game gives us a chance... I hope they aren't so deflated that they can't come out strong against canes... I don't know what to expect that game tbh

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
If we can gain 2 pts Thursday night, all we have to do is gain 1 more point by that next boston game to have a chance... if we're 3 back when we play boston then that game gives us a chance... I hope they aren't so deflated that they can't come out strong against canes... I don't know what to expect that game tbh

yep. just need Detroit to wake up, and Toronto to stay awake. they actually been looking good!

listen, it's crazy, its Wiley. I know
borderline Looney.

But, if the boys give themselves a chance and win the next 3, Boston could very well only get 1 to 2 points in their next 2. then the pressure is on to have to beat Washington at Washington.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..

I'm getting married on June 27th. Congratulations! :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3