Do we intimidate anyone?

Do teams want to avoid Toronto?

• Total voters

Joedoggy

Feb 7, 2017
May i say it again..Leafs were in a better position Personel wise 2 seasons ago...Mikey messed up

Mikey does not coach physical hockey...in early season he tries to catch teams and does for points...then levels off then overplays personel ...resulting in No layoff success. Its Mikeys way he has been doing it for years.

RLF

May 5, 2014
Which are the 2 youre saying didnt play a heavy game in the last 20 years? I think every winner played decently heavyand at the very least had a good balance of grit, much moreso than the Leafs

I did say they all played heavier than us, but would conceded that Pit in their last 2 wins did not play a particularly heavy game. They played through the physical play though...which we have not shown we can do yet.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Ahh yes, the binary approach.

Either a goon or a soft, small, skilled player.

There is literally nothing in between!
As much as people hate Tom Wilson I think he would be an amazing player to add. It will never happen but a big physcial guy who can keep up in the top 6 is a rarity. Also pacing for almost 60 points.

Reactions: Cobra777 and RLF

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
As much as people hate Tom Wilson I think he would be an amazing player to add. It will never happen but a big physcial guy who can keep up in the top 6 is a rarity. Also pacing for almost 60 points.

Or you know, a Roberts type, or a Tucker type, or a Pronger type, or a Shanahan type, etc...

I don’t know how to classify those kinds of players.

If they played today, we would be forced to label them as goons and therefore “undesirable”.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Or you know, a Roberts type, or a Tucker type, or a Pronger type, or a Shanahan type, etc...

I don’t know how to classify those kinds of players.

If they played today, we would be forced to label them as goons and therefore “undesirable”.
If Darcy played in the current league he would be getting suspensions every game lol. Guy was the king of charging and jumping off his feet into a hit lol

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Physcially, not at all, but raw skill and speed, absolutely the leafs terrify a lot of teams.

I still don't think they terrify anyone. It is still a young unproven team who has yet to win a playoff series. I m not saying it in a disparaging way at all. I like our team, but if I was a fan of any other playoff team in the east, I wouldn't be terrified of them.

ZippityDooDa

Dec 22, 2018
If hitting isn't allowed we terrify teams.

But it is and much more frequent in the playoffs so all other heavy teams terrify us instead. Just look at playoff "deer in the headlights" Gardiner for proof.

I'm betting tonights game is either extra time or +2 for Colorado, hope I'm wrong.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
The team they've lost 6 in a row to and is clearly the superior team? I know habs fans aren't the smartest, but still

No the team with a suspect defense and no physicality is their best match up.

Montreal shouldn't even be in the playoffs at all, the roster has holes and issues, but if there's a team I think they match up with best over a seven game series among the playoff teams in the East, it's easily the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
No the team with a suspect defense and no physicality is their best match up.

Montreal shouldn't even be in the playoffs at all, the roster has holes and issues, but if there's a team I think they match up with best over a seven game series among the playoff teams in the East, it's easily the Toronto Maple Leafs.

hmm. the habs have allowed 162 goals, the Leafs 157.

how would you describe your defence? just curious.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
The Canadiens defense is terrible. It's greatly improved with Shea Weber back, but it still went from atrocious to terrible.

Okay.

so your "preferred" matchup is a team that has been better than yours defensively, and destroys you offensively.

who are the other candidates, in your mind?

mitchthemitch

Jan 10, 2019
Toronto
To other teams, yes. I imagine that the best 5v5 team in the league would intimidate some coaches. To fanbases and the media...probably but they wouldn't admit

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Okay.

so your "preferred" matchup is a team that has been better than yours defensively, and destroys you offensively.

who are the other candidates, in your mind?

Is there an option that isn't better than Montreal defensively? I think, of the playoff teams, Montreal has the worst defensemen, right along with Toronto.

I'm not sure what is confusing you here, I clearly pointed out why i think Toronto is their best matchup, Toronto's defense is poor and the team lacks physicality, both things that greatly help Montreal's ability to score goals.

Reactions: Cobra777

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Is there an option that isn't better than Montreal defensively?

I think, of the playoff teams, Montreal has the worst defensemen, right along with Toronto.

I'm not sure what is confusing you here, I clearly pointed out why i think Toronto is their best matchup, Toronto's defense is poor and the team lacks physicality, both things that greatly help Montreal's ability to score goals.

I'm not confused in the least. And you are curiously leaving offence out of the picture. Why is that, I wonder?

Use whatever adjective you wish about the Leafs goals against rating, but Montreal is not tough, they don't score a lot, and they're not good defensively themselves -- so I'm really not sure why you'd be so confident they'd be able to beat a much more skilled team.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

I agree he would add something to this lineup that we don;t currently have. The thing with big power forwards is they typically have a short shelf life, Lucic is a prime example.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad