Do we have the worst 4th line in the league?

JimLaheyprobert

Nov 19, 2012
Orr I respect his job and what he goes through in that role. Its time to put him in the pressbox with McClaren. Brown Id keep around as he skates fast and bangs in the corners. Burke and Carlyle obviously still have that old school mentality. Id rather see guys that are tough to play against than fighters. Why do the Leafs need 3 fighters? Fraser is 4. Fraser and Holzer time to go back to the AHL.

Fraser is plus 11 by the way, by far the best on the team.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Seriously, I don't understand why it's like this. Now, the fourth line isn't crucial, but they still play an important role to bring energy and chippy play when needed.

Obviously with injuries, things are a little bit screwed up right now, but I don't see why the hell we need McLaren AND Orr out together. What will two goons accomplish, seriously?

In comparison, the Habs and Bruins both have good, dependable 4th lines (though 2.5 for Prust is a joke).

Why can't we just roll something like Brown-McClement-Hamilton? Dress Orr for games where we need a goon on the ice. Since Brown is injured right now, pick up a cheap 4th line option who's better than McLaren, or hell even call someone up that can bring more than he can.

The 4th line doesn't have to be amazing, but they can't be a liability either, and that's what they have been this year.

I wish we had kept Darryl Boyce. He was a perfect fourth liner.

no our 4th line has been solid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad